15

Dream woke up with a groan, something was poking his face and he really didn't feel like waking up. He opened his eyes to a color filled Patches staring down at him. She meowed and shoved a paw over his mouth before he could make a noise.

His eyes were wide with shock and his ears were pinned back. " Patches. Paws off please. " He muffled out, staring at her, unable to comprehend what was happening.

She hopped off and down onto the floor, the same lazy and mildly annoyed look on her face.

" I-Is that really you? " He breathed as he crouched down beside her.

Her annoyed expression turned into a glare and she smacked him with a paw. His face lit up with joy as he gave a girly squeal and lunged forward, wrapping his arms and wings around the cat, basically hiding her from anyone's view.

He heard muffled voices around him and looked up.

" Dream? Dream are you okay? " Dream looked over at George with a wide smile before Patches stuck her head out from under his wings with a rather disgusted look, her fur atop her head ruffled.

" Awwww a cat! " Squealed Skeppy as he kneeled to be level with the annoyed calico.

" Patches?! " George gasped, his brows furrowed with confusion. The cat's angry look turned into one of happiness as she ran over to the brunet and brushed herself against him.

" She's here, George! I don't know how, but she's here! " Dream sounded extremely happy.

" Is this that cat from hell you were talking about? " Sapnap asked curiously as he sat down and held out a hand. Patches approached wearily before shoving her head against his hand, purring loudly.

" Yeah! My Patches! I was so worried! " Dream said as he watched the feline stalk between people, purring loudly. She approached Dream and raised a paw, smacking him again, but with unsheathed claws, which really didn't do much.

" Yup, I deserve that- I know- I know I didn't feed you. I'm sorry! God! Stop smacking me! " Dream complained as the cat repeatedly swatted him.

She finally stopped and flopped into his lap, purring as she lowered her head, lazily staring at everyone for a moment before closing her eyes.

" You had a cat? " Skeppy asked curiously.

" Yeah. I stole her from my neighbor. " Dream said with a mischievous grin.

" You- You stole a cat from your neighbor?! " George spluttered.

" Yeah! " The blonde began laughing. " He wasn't sharing his food with her or anything and she kept walking through the wall into my apartment so she could eat, so eventually she just decided not to go back. " He explained.

" Oh, that makes a bit more sense. " George sighed.

Sapnap snickered. " Wow, the big bad demon didn't even actually steal the cat. "

" I'm an imp. " Dream puffed. " I technically stole the cat, I never brought her back. "

" What a threat. " Added skeppy, laughing at Dream's glare.

" Shut up. You guys are idiots. " Dream announced, shifting, which caused Patches To hiss at him before lowering her head again. " Sorry, sorry. " He muttered.

" How do you think she... ended up here? " Sapnap asked.

" Haven't a clue. Cats are magical, dude. " Dream snorted, his ears perked in amusement.

George nodded. " I can agree with that. "

" They're so cute. " Skeppy hummed as he watched Patches lay, lazily sprawled in Dream's lap.

Patches raised her head and winked at Skeppy before going back to the same lazy stare. Dream stifled a laugh at the three's shocked faces.

" Sh- She just winked at me. " Skeppy stammered. His eyes wide.

" Yeah. She does that. She's, well, interesting to say the least. " Dream said as he ran a hand through her fur with a fond smile.

" Can she understand what we're saying? " George asked.

" Pretty much. I think there are a couple words she doesn't know, but overall, she understands. "

The sassy cat purred loudly and tucked her nose under her tail.

" Well. I guess you are stuck there. " Skeppy chortled.

" No. Watch this. " Dream grinned. " Hey Patches,are you hungry? " The cat shot up from his lap as if she hadn't been sleeping a moment prior.

" Well. Guess it's time to go eat then. " He laughed as he stood up and headed for the stairs.

" What are you feeling? Bacon? Bacon sounds good. " Dream mumbled half to himself and half to the cat at his feet. He opened up the fridge and took out his pack, tossing Patches two strips before flopping down in an armchair and finishing the package.

The calico meowed as she tried to stick her head into the now empty container the bacon had previously been in.

Dream gave a content sigh and leaned back.

" At least I won't have to listen to you bitch about your cat. Finally. " George celebrated.

" Woah- strong words from the angel. " The blonde commentated, his eyes flashing.

George shushed him with a wide smile. Sapnap and Skeppy were turned to each other and were immersed in a conversation, leaving George and Dream to fool around. Dream stood up, hovering a couple inches above the ground.

George's eyes lit up as he let out a girl-ish scream and ran for it, his halo was blindingly bright. Dream cackled and slowly followed with a lazy posture.

" Ha! You ran straight into the same corner I did! I have you now! " Dream wheezed as he approached George, who was hiding behind his giant wing.

" I know! I'm such an idiot! Don't attack me! " Begged George, trying to scoot in any direction that might lead to a spot to run.

" Ha! " Dream lunged forwards and tackled George into a hug, ruffling the Brit's hair.

" No! I just combed my hair! " George wailed as he struggled.

" Pfft! I haven't combed my hair in days! " Dream cried triumphantly as he sat back beside George, his eyes gleaming with joy. George beamed right back at him.

In that moment, everything felt perfect.

Yo! I added Patches back for y'all.

Tips, crits, suggestions?

Hope you enjoyed the fluffy chapter b/c I plan for shit to go downnnnn soon. I honestly don't really have a plan. I'm super disorganized, I just do whatever pops into my mind lol. 

Love y'all!

Moony <3