1

Hell certainly wasn't the prettiest of places. Imagine it like an old run down city. It's poorly taken care of and extremely messy. Trash and blood stains littered the red tinted side walk.Though, everything is tinted red in hell. Even the occasional fires that burst from random areas. In summary, Hell was bleak, boring, and uncomfortably hot.

None of this news was new to Dream of course. Being born in hell meant it was all you knew. Including the tongue some of the older creatures spoke. Such language was rather impossible to describe. The best you could get would be warbled, low pitched gibberish.

Dream sat in his room with a plate in hand. Displayed on it was a random, odd assortment of rather gore-y snacks. Again, this was nothing new. Deciding he didn't feel hungry, Dream left the apartment.

He absentmindedly tuned in on random conversations while he was walking. Most of them were the usual " So. How'd you get yourself sent here? " or " How many orphans did you murder? "

Biting back a sigh he traveled until everything seemed dead silent. Dream wasn't one to leave the house, and when he did he didn't go far. So he was puzzled. He looked up, the faint crackling was distant now and his eyes widened. He had reached the border.

The border was where hell and heaven surprisingly met. Though it was a little different than initially thought.

In order to get past the golden gates into 'true heaven' you would need to fly up into the clouds, but there was this lower section for residents who felt like walking.

He snapped out of his trance when he realized there was an equally as surprised guy on the other side.

Dream involuntarily stumbled backwards and the angel seemed amused.

" Hi. " The angel greeted awkwardly, running a hand through his chocolate-brown hair.

" ※『╚ ■ ╩╔" Dream waved, blinking in confusion when a look of pure terror flashed across the angel's face.

" I- I'm sorry- C-Can you run that by me again. " He requested taking a nervous step back.

" Oh- uh- yeah sorry. Hi. " Dream stammered out, feeling mildly embarrassed. He wasn't used to social interaction, especially not someone who wasn't a fellow hell-wanderer. His long tail flicked awkwardly.

The angel blinked, examining the creature across from him.

" I didn't know demons had goat legs. " He hummed.

" That's because I'm not a demon. " Dream chuckled.

" You're not? Then what does that make you? " The dark haired boy asked.

" I'm an imp. " Answered Dream flatly.

" Is that good or.. bad? " The angel continued to question, Dream held back another sigh.

" Neither. Either way, why are you talking to me? Isn't that forbidden? " Dream questioned. A look of alarm crossed the other's face.

" It is? Oh gosh. I'm- uh-... new.. here. I didn't really get taught much. I'm George by the way. " George rambled on apologetically.

" Dream. " The imp returned with a curt nod. " New here huh? I've been here since- well. Since I was born. " He said, sitting down. Though, it was more along the lines of hovering since he considered hovering more fun.

" Wait- what? You were born- there? " George looked shocked as he pointed at the fiery landscape and then followed Dream's action, sitting down on the soft clouds below him. " I didn't even realize that was possible. "

" Of course it is. " Huffed Dream sharply. " Demons start as people who sinned. Imps are born from Demons or other imps. Then you have the other creatures, you get the jist. Pretty much only imps are born in hell, and are pretty rare. " He explained with a roll of his eyes.

George seemed confused, but nodded anyways.

" So. How did you kick the bucket? " Dream said inconsiderately. Not truly knowing how sensitive the topic could be.

George looked down, many different emotions flashed across his face. He fidgeted and he mumbled something quickly.

" What? " Dream finally looked over at George, feeling mildly amused.

" Um. Um—... Food poisoning. Yeah. Food poisoning. " He said with furrowed brows. Dream could easily see through the lie, but couldn't care less as he burst out into a laugh similar to that of a tea kettle. He had started laughing so hard he didn't have enough concentration to continue hovering, flopping onto the ground with a thud as he laughed.

" It's not that funny, " Huffed George, suddenly feeling really bad for those who did actually die from food poisoning. He looked back to Dream who had finally started to regain composure.

" Food poisoning. " He choked out. " Weak, dude. " He coughed and shook his head.

" What? You can't do anything about not dying from it! It either is mild, or enough to send you to the hospital! " Argued George.

" The fuck is a hospital?" Dream asked, sitting up from his spot on the ground.

" Oh right- hell-born. " George mumbled with a thoughtful look. " A hospital is a place people who are super injured or sick are taken to. They most of the time stay there for long periods of time. " He finally replied slowly.

Dream nodded and shrugged. " Don't need those in hell. " He commented plainly. " If you're sick or hurt in hell nobody could care less. " He felt an odd sinking feeling in his stomach. Was this an emotion? He wasn't sure. He was used to being blank, it was necessary to basically not feel anything in hell.

George had a look of interest as he watched Dream's confused expression. " What's the problem? " He asked.

" I- I'm not sure. I think I'm feeling.. ▄ ╒ ╒ ▄ ╧. I don't like it. " He lazily flopped onto his back, going back to hovering.

" You- I'm not even going to ask. " George said while glancing away. He studied the clouds around him. " What happens if we get caught talking. " Dream sat up and finally unhid his giant, rabbit-like ears. Dream could hide all of his features and look like a person if he wanted. He just never had enough care to do so.

George looked very alarmed. " S-Sorry- um- uh " He panicked, backing up a little, fearing he had angered the imp.

" Well, I'm not sure what they do. There's not enough cases of our kinds talking like us. People of hell just kinda hate talking to others in general. " Dream looked to the fire. In hell, they didn't really have clocks, so they depended on how high the fire was. If it was very tall and raging, it was somewhere around 2 O'Clock. If the fire sank low, like what he was observing now, then it is somewhere close to night.

" What's happening? Why is the fire so dim? " Questioned George curiously.

" It's night time. We should get going. " Dream answered, his ears twitching.

" Meet me here when the fire is highest. " He suggested and George seemed very confused again.

" 2 O'Clock. " Sighed Dream while shaking his head. George nodded.

" Bye, Dream. "

" Bye, George. " 

Hi there! Any critiques or suggestions? Leave them here!