12

" Hi Tubbo! " George sang. Tubbo waved in response with a wide smile.

Dream sat towards the back. He didn't connect with Tubbo as well as George did, so he didn't bother talking, instead submerging himself in deep thought.

George looked so happy. In fact, Dream had rarely seen him smile so brightly. It made Dream feel warm on the inside, but he couldn't push away the twinge of jealousy that came along with it.

Dream couldn't help but wish he could make George smile so excitedly. The aforementioned brunet was chattering enthusiastically about Minecraft. He'd never seen the boy so talkative.

Why couldn't he make George that happy? His mind raced. Was George still scared of him? Is he really bad? Dream's ears drooped as he looked back for a moment before quietly exiting the room. No one had ever made him doubt himself so much before. Though he couldn't bring himself to place the blame on the angel. He did truly live up to that standard.

George really is an angel. He's got the angelic smile, the bright halo, the happy eyes, everything. Dream was just 'meh' in his own eyes. What was there to like about him anyways?

Dream is an imp, he wasn't even human at any point. He's got the large pointy ears, the gross wings, the intimidating stare, and the rope-like tail. Altogether, even Sapnap had admitted Dream is threatening.

The blonde tried to shake away the thoughts, but they just kept coming back. He moped to his own room, sitting down on the bed. He curled up into a ball, pulling his 'knees' up and resting chin on them as tears brimmed his eyes.

" I'm such a big baby. " He complained quietly to himself as he tried to wipe away the water works.

He came to a conclusion. One single conclusion. After hours of just sitting there. He really liked George. In a way the others from his home would consider ludacris or illegal. No one had come in to check on him. No one questioned his absence of loitering around the house.

Dream wiped at his eyes one more time before standing up and walking to the mirror in his bathroom.

He was disheveled, an absolute mess. He was pale, his cheeks tear stained, his hair messy, his eyes puffy, and his nose red. He turned on the sink and splashed some water in his face in hopes to clear up his appearance a little.

He deemed his mildly red nose good enough. His eyes were a little less puffy at least. He didn't bother to fix his hair as he finally opened up the door to his room and dragged himself downstairs.

His tail dragged against the floor, his ears hung like a beagle's, and if his wings were big enough, they would also be flopped against the floor. His eyelids seemed so heavy at that second. He was so tired.

George and Sapnap didn't look up when they heard Dream come downstairs. " Hey, Dream. " Sapnap greeted while continuing to scroll through his phone.

" Hi. " Dream croaked. Well that wasn't something he accounted for. He didn't realize his voice would be raw.

The sound of his voice caused George and Sapnap to simultaneously look up in alarm. " Dream? Are you okay? " George asked worriedly as he stood up, his wings puffing a little.

" I'm okay. " He gave a weak smile. " Just tired. "

" Are you sick or something? Hold on- " George approached him and placed a hand on his forehead, and Dream just stood there, trying to calm his racing heart.

" You don't feel feverish- Sapnap, do you have a thermometer? Wait- can we even get sick? " George rambled as Sapnap stood up, examining Dream.

" Dream, have you been crying? " Sapnap asked cautiously and George's eyes widened slightly.

" Thanks for exposing me. " Dream grumbled in defeat, rubbing at his eye again. 

Sorry about another short chapter. I guarantee the next one will be longer so I can drive the plot somewhere finally. 

Critiques, tips, suggestions?

Love y'all

Moony <3