13

Big chapter! Big chapter! I did it!

He shuddered as a significantly colder breeze brushed past him. " That is so weird. " He mumbled. He'd never shivered before. Even when it had been rather cold, when he had noticed George was shivering, he never shivered.

He stood up, his ears perking out of alertness rather than happiness or excitement. He slowly wandered away back into the street, aimlessly walking.

His ears drooped as another wave of exhaustion hit. Suddenly blinding light filled his vision and all he knew was something had slammed into him and he went tumbling backwards. He blinked away the bleariness and sat up, rubbing his head while groaning. " Ow. Who the fuck dare- " He trailed off realizing someone was babbling nervously to him, suddenly they stuck their hand in front of his head. " Who are you? " He asked cautiously, pulling himself up and glaring. The guy had a blue hoodie with a funny little face on it.

" You're Dream? Right? " Dream rather dazed and confused, nodded.

" And I just hit you with my car. " The guy said a little fainter.

" Yeah. You did. " Dream huffed, wiping some of the blood from his arm.

" Skeppy. " 'Skeppy' suddenly introduced, fiddling with his thumbs.

" Oh- you're the dude Sapnap was talking about. " Dream said, his ears perking involuntarily.

" Dude- Did your ears... Your ears totally just moved!? What the hell? " he yelped and Dream groaned and face palmed.

" Ignore that. I'll explain... Eventually. Where were you heading? "Dream did his best to change the subject quickly.

" To Sapnap's actually. " Skeppy said with a grin. " Need a ride? Actually- you do need a ride. You need to clean all your cuts. I don't get how you didn't get hurt worse. "

" I don't know how I got hurt at all. " Dream blurted. He had never really suffered any injuries before. His skin was naturally rather tough.

" What? " Skeppy laughed. Dream awkwardly laughed with him.

" Just drive me. " Dream puffed.

The car ride was rather quiet with the exception of Skeppy humming random songs.

When they arrived back at the familiar house, Dream felt his heart stop. Clearly he didn't think this through. What was he supposed to say? ' Hey sorry about throwing a fit earlier today. I was being dramatic. "?

Skeppy got out of the car, waiting for Dream with a confused look. Dream shook his head before exiting the car and following skeppy with a slight limp.

For someone who never felt pain before, feeling it now certainly wasn't fun, he grimaced and winced as he limped to the door with Skeppy.

" So, wanna explain why you have goat legs? " Skeppy said casually while he rang the doorbell.

" I told you I'd explain later. " Dream puffed, gripping Skeppy's shoulder. He wiped a cut on his cheek, hissing profanities.

" Dude it's just a cut. " Skeppy said with raised eyebrows.

" Shut up. I have a reason that I said I would explain later. " Dream snapped.

The door opened, revealing a rather disheveled version of George and Sapnap. George gave a gasp and ran to hug Dream, who gave a shrieky cry of pain in response. " get the fuck off me! " He snapped, each cut feeling like a knife was stabbing him.

George stepped away with a mildly offended look before he gasped again. " What happened?! "

" I may or may not have run him over with- Wait what the fuck?? George? " Skeppy seemed to be struggling to comprehend everything.

" Oh. Hey Skeppy- YOU RAN DREAM OVER!?! " The chaos was making Dream dizzy and suddenly he swayed, gripping George's poor shoulder for dear life. He really didn't feel like kissing the floor again.

George stumbled before dragging Dream inside.

" Okay. Explain while you're cleaning up. " Skeppy demanded, Sapnap raised his hands in defense.

" Not my story to tell. " He said with a shrug.

" Okay so, I was born in hell as an imp. " Dream started. " I met George at the border between heaven and hell and we kept meeting up. We ended up falling asleep and getting caught. It's like, super illegal to hang out. We exiled from hell and heaven and now we're here. I'm over reacting over a cut because I've never really gotten hurt before. Like the worst I've gotten is a paper cut. So when you ran me over with your car, I was shocked to say the least. " Humor had somehow managed to make its way into his voice.

" So you and George are... Dead? " Skeppy seemed even more confused.

" Well, yes and no. " It was George's turn to talk. " We're visible to humans and stuff, we need to eat and what not, but we still have all of our um... Features. " Dream only realized how hungry he was after George brought it up. He did his best to ignore his stomach.

" Okay. Well uh... It's great to see you again George, sorry about running your boyfriend over. " Skeppy said with a shrug.

" He's not my boyfriend. " George's voice rose an octave, causing Dream to laugh and wince in pain at the same time.

" God- laughing hurts. " Dream complained as he flopped back against the couch.

" Feel lucky you're you. If it were me, I'd probably be double dead. " George snickered.

" I wasn't driving that fast. " Skeppy protested.

" You never slow for anything. You didn't notice a giant six foot goat person with wings, horns, and a tail. "

" Six foot two. " Dream corrected, his tail flicking indignantly.

" Six foot two goat person. " George said with a nod.

" I- Gosh darn it I don't have a good argument against that. " Skeppy whined, making Sapnap laugh.

" Of course you don't. There is no good argument. " Sapnap snorted.

" Stop exposing me. " he whined.

Dream took in a sharp breath as George wrapped up his arm. " Fff- " He couldn't help a laugh that bubbled up in him. " I'm such a big baby. " He laughed, wincing.

" You're such an idiot. " George sighed, a smile displayed on his face.

" I know. I managed to get hit by a car. If that's not being an idiot, I don't know what is. " Dream laughed.

" Where did you end up running off to? " Sapnap asked curiously.

" I dunno. Just some forest in the middle of nowhere. " The blonde shrugged.

" I don't really know where we were, I was too focused on the fact that I just ran the dude over. " Skeppy hummed. 

Tips, suggestions, critiques?

IdiditIdiditIdidit. I haven't written a long chapter in a while so I owe it to y'all. 

I'm working on another mini animatic thingy for this too. 

Anyhow. How're y'all doin? 

Love y'all

Moony <3