56

Dream was dreading going to sleep. He lay next to George, who on the other hand, was sleeping soundly. He frowned before forcing himself to relax. It would be fine. He closed his eyes and let his exhaustion from stressing take him over.

He woke up in the snow again. He grimaced and quietly stood up, brushing the icy substance off his hoodie.

He grimaced, a shudder of newfound horror filling him simply because he knew what the splatters of colors that dressed his sleeves were made of. He bit his lip and turned his head. He spotted the red trail and felt his heart rate pick up despite the fact he was holding his breath.

"What if..." he breathed out, his eyes widening, yet thoughtful. " What if I went the other way? " He muttered, turning away and looking to the barren, uninviting trees. He grit his teeth with a frown.

He took a weary step forwards, wincing as the snow reminded him everything was incredibly loud in the nightmare. He continued walking, tears threatening to pour from his eyes as he trudged.

He quickly found himself lost in the tangle of trees. Roots knotted the ground and the branches waved eerily in the breeze, making Dream want to screech out in frustration. Then he remembered.

One of his first nights being exiled from hell he'd had the same dream. He'd almost forgotten since he hadn't realized who the people were. He'd only recognized George from the group.

He paled, and stared at the tree to his left. A large gaping hole that only seemed to grow darker stared back. Suddenly he heard a click and something got placed up against the back of his head.

He stiffened and there was a horribly loud bang. It echoed loudly in his ears and he shot up from the bed, gasping for breath.

" Holy shit... " He whispered, he could still hear it echoing loudly, ringing in an agitating high pitched way. How the tables had turned in that path.

He glanced over at George's sleeping figure. He let out a low sigh of relief. He tangled his hand through his blonde hair and stood up from the bed, stumbling a little in the dark. George's dim halo barely was any help to navigate the room.

He stumbled downstairs and Patches eyed him wearily from the couch, giving a concerned meow. He ignored her, instead ruffling through the bag and yanking out the almost dead phone. It was a wonder the thing was lasting them as long as it was doing. He checked the time and stifled a groan. The big white numbers and letters read "2:27 a.m."

He put down the phone and looked around the kitchen. He dug through a couple different coffee options and then glanced at the fridge. Coffee or an Energy drink? He wasn't sure which one he should choose but he figured either would be great.

He settled on coffee, thinking the heat might wake him up a tad.

He set the machine to brew before dragging himself to the couch and running hand over his face.

He was so tired, but way too terrified to go to sleep. He almost felt like the nightmare had been real. It had the same toll on him. He felt even more exhausted like he had when walking through that seemingly endless forest.

He heard a beep from the coffee machine and looked up at it. That was fast. He walked over to it and noticed there was a little clock on it. " 2:41 a.m."

His eyes widened. He had really spaced out for that long? He carefully took the hot pot and poured it into a random mug. He yawned and carried the mug to the couch, sipping it. He enjoyed the burn of the heat and gave a long, content sigh.

He slumped against the comfortable cushions, trying desperately to keep his heavy eyes open. He went through multiple cups of coffee, his ears drooping forwards as he tried desperately to stay awake.

He heard the thud of footsteps and looked up.

" Dream? "Eret seemed to snap out of his tired haze with a concerned look. " You're never up this early what's up? " He asked as he walked over to him, his raven colored feathers ruffled with worry.

Dream didn't respond, instead glancing into his empty cup and biting the inside of his cheek.

" Was that coffee? It smells like coffee. " He said, narrowing his eyes. Dream could barely meet his gaze that he theoretically couldn't even see due to the dark sunglasses.

" Yeah. I felt like having some coffee. " Dream said with a shrug. Patches gave an unsatisfied grunt behind him and hopped down from the top of the couch into his lap. He ran a hand through her fur.

Eret huffed. " Bullshit. "

That sure took Dream by surprise. His head snapped up abruptly. " Wh- "

" I. Said. Bullshit. " Eret enunciated, crossing his arms. " Why were you drinking coffee? "

" I didn't want to go to sleep. Or well... Back to sleep. " Dream finally admitted. Eret's frown softened ever so slightly.

" Go on? " He pressed.

" I ended up having the same nightmare but with a different outcome. " Dream whimpered, tugging anxiously at his ears. " I'm not sure which one was worse. Probably yesterday's, that was a lot more horrific, but this one sure wasn't pleasant. " He continued.

Eret listened carefully. " Well it's only a nightmare Dream. It can't hurt you. " He said softly, patting his shoulder. Dream nodded and put down the empty coffee mug.

Sapnap and George came downstairs chatting happily and Dream felt the ghost of a smile tug at his lips, but the feeling didn't last long.

He found himself behind George and Sapnap and Eret as the three chatted at the kitchen island.

Suddenly stains of orange tore across Sapnap's back and Eret's wings looked horribly messed up. Only George looked normal.

Dream stumbled back, dropping the mug and it crashed to the ground, shattering. 

Haha who needs a glass mug anyways. 

Hi y'all! It is I, Moony, here to wreak chaos and havoc. 

Yeah that's all I got. I'd make a great villain B))

Anyhow,  sorry about how late this got posted, I was doing what I do best. Procrastinating. 

That's it for today! Tomorrow's will hopefully be posted a lot earlier than today's since I actually have a ton to write about now. 

Love y'all!!!

Moony <3