𝑻𝒘𝒐

╔═══════════════╗
first year,
king's cross station
╚═══════════════╝

Aimee checked her list for the tenth time that morning, for the day had arrived for her to be attending Hogwarts. She had been waiting all summer to finally go to King's Cross Station, she hoped that her family didn't plan on going to the station with the Black family. She wanted to at least get through to Christmas without putting on fake smiles.

"Aimee are you ready yet?" her mother called, from downstairs.

"Almost, just double-checking," Aimee shouted from her room.

"Well, hurry you don't want to be late,"

"Alright mother, I'm coming," She sighed, closing her trunk, she wore a green jumper hoping to give her a little luck on her first day. Her mother waited for her at the front door, she creased her brows, as her father wasn't anywhere to be seen.

"Where's father," Aimee asked, "Isn't he coming?" her mother opened the door, guiding her outside.

"No, he has business to attend to," she pulled her trunk along the path.

"What kind of business?" she asked her mother sighed as she held out their portkey.

"If you must know he has business at the Ministry, now grab on," She told her, she hesitantly took hold of the portkey, feeling sick when the world around her spun around sending her into a dazed state as she landed back on the ground at Kings Cross Station.

"So many muggles around," her mother muttered with a disdainful tone lingering in her voice. "Come, Aimee," she looked around, as she took a trolly placing her trunk securely on there. Aimee followed her mother towards a wall between Platform nine and ten.

"Run straight at the wall, don't hesitate, you'll go straight through," her mother explained, pointing at the wall, "go on,"

Aimee gripped the trolly running straight into the wall closing her eyes before going through, she saw familiarity, robes and cloaks, owls for pets, older students carrying brooms. She smiled as she gazed at the red steam train; Hogwarts Express. She spotted Walburga with Regulus, just Regulus. She walked over to the two wizards.

"Hi, Mrs Black," she smiled, up at Walburga.

"Miss Burke,"

"Hi, Regulus" she smiled at the young boy.

"Hi, Aimee," Regulus said, returning her smile.

"Where's Sirius, I thought I'd board the train with him," she asked, hoping to make her mother believe she had actually taken an interest in the boy.

"He's already boarded, Regulus wanted to wait until the train departs." Mrs Black explained

"Oh, I'll try and find him, maybe I'll see you over the holidays," she told Regulus, "if that's alright with you Mrs, Black," Aimee said remembering to be polite to her father's friend.

"Of course, you're welcome at our home any time," Walburga said forcing a smile on her stern face.

"I best go now, bye,"

"See you at Christmas," Regulus said, smiling at Aimee, she returned his smile, heading away from the pair of wizards.

She hurried to her mother, giving her a hug, to anyone looking at them, the hug would have looked very uncomfortable. Mrs Burke wasn't as maternal as a mother should be, Aimee often questioned why she became a mother in the first place. As she boarded the train, she sat in a compartment, with another girl, a red-head, she looked as though she had been crying.