𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝑻𝒘𝒐

╔═══════════════╗
summer 1972,
crazy carrows
╚═══════════════╝

A long lonely summer, something she never expected to experience. Aimee had become so accustomed to her parents working, her brother's being far away. The loneliness she felt not being able to see the friends she had made, not getting to hear Alice sweet laugh, Lily hugs and Marlene's humour.

More importantly Remus book recommendation, he had almost the same taste as her and missed having a good book to read. A small part of her even missed her and Potter's bickering, she found it entertaining to argue with him.

With only a week left before she would return to Hogwarts, she was practically counting down the days, till she would be back on the platform ready for a new year. She had a plan to be Regulus' guide to Hogwarts, she enjoyed his company, sometimes more than Sirius.

Aimee hoped that the brother's relationship wouldn't be strained if Regulus was sorted into Slytherin like she was. She knows how their parents reacted to Sirius, being placed in Gryffindor, she knew he wouldn't want his brother to feel pressured the way he was.

"Aimee, I hope you're appropriately dressed your cousins will be here soon," her mother called from downstairs,

She sighed, getting dressed in a hideous outfit her mother had picked out, she cringed at her appearance, leaving her hair down and curly. She walked down to the living room, her uncle Theophilus and uncle Ralston were standing in their living room with her cousins.

Theophilus and his wife had twins Amycus and Alecto Carrow, Ralston and his wife had a daughter Dahlia Carrow, Aimee knew that her father wasn't aware of their visit he didn't get along with his in-laws, especially his brothers-in-law. Her cousins Amycus, Alecto and Dahlia were all attending Hogwarts this year too.

No doubt they were going to be in Slytherin, there wasn't a Carrow that hasn't been in Slytherin. But then again there wasn't a Black that wasn't in Slytherin until Sirius came to school. Maybe one of her cousins would change the Carrow family's reputation.

"Aimee, how are you liking Hogwarts?"

"It's alright, uncle Ral, I'm particularly enjoying Potions," she told him

"You'll have to show me around," Dahlia said,

"No, she's going to show us around," Amycus said, nudging his sister Alecto she agreed

"I'll be able to show you all around," Aimee said

To avoid the argument that was inevitable with Amycus, he had a bad act for cause trouble often resulting in huge arguments usually between him and Alecto, though whenever the four cousins got together, Amycus never wasted a second to cause an argument with Aimee or Dahlia, knowing they were easy to rile up.

"Mother, may I be excused," Aimee asked,

"Of course, take your cousins with you," her mother said, she nodded

She walked to one of the sitting rooms, Aimee sat on her sofa, while Amycus looked at all the antiques the Burke's had. She watched him carefully, knowing he would attempt to break something and frame someone else for it. He was really rotten like that, and of course, his mummy always believed him, her little boy could do no wrong.

Alecto lounged on the sofa not bothering to take her shoes off, getting dirt on the sofa, Aimee cringed knowing she wasn't going to take the brunt of that. Dahlia on the overhand was respectful of other peoples homes, it was one of the reasons Aimee liked her better than her other two cousins, she watched Amycus grazing his finger over an old Burke antique, passed down through the family.

"Don't touch that, it was my grandfather's" she warned he knocked the antique off the mantlepiece.

"Oh shit, my bad you startled me and that cause me to drop it," he smirked at her, Aimee narrowed her eyes, she kneeled on the floor, picking up the broken pieces, Dahlia kneeled down helping her with some of the sharp pieces.

"He's a jerk," Dahlia whispered

"That's it the weaker ones kneel before us," he taunted

"I don't kneel for no one," Aimee stood face to face her stance strong "especially those, I believe are beneath me,"

"Please, you're a pathetic excuse for Carrow, it's such a shame"

"Where did I leave my violin," she mocked, "I'm proud of who I am, I'm proud to be a Burke,"

"Then there's one thing to do right brother?" Alecto commented,

"Indeed there is,"

"MOTHER!" they shouted, causing all the adults to enter the room

"Aimee threw that thing at me," Amycus told his mother,

"Oh come here sweetheart," she held her son, "I believe you owe my son an apology," she warned Aimee

"Why I didn't do anything to him, he broke it," she accused

"Dahlia saw it," Amycus hurried to her side, "Didn't you,"

"Well, what happened?" her father questioned,

"Amycus," she paused, as Amycus stood holding her arm behind her back twisting it a little, "he didn't do anything,"

"Aimee upstairs right now," her mother warned

"What!" she exclaimed "this is my house, why should I have to leave-

"Enough, upstairs now,"

"You always take their side in everything," she said, as she made her way upstairs.

"I'm terribly sorry, it's Orion's boy, he's corrupting my daughter,"

"Ahh, Walburga was just saying at her Christmas ball, just how disappointed she was in the boy," Theophilus said

"She's being ridiculous, having a child in Gryffindor, is no excuse to be disappointed," Ralston spoke

"You truly believe that?" Elizabeth questioned her youngest brother

"Yes I do, there are fine and outstanding traits that each house has,"

"Care to provide some?" Theophilus asked as he didn't believe his brother could answer

"Glad to, Slytherin, the obvious ambition, you get far and high with it, Gryffindor, brave enough to take risks and chances that other might. Hufflepuff, honest and true, your most loyal of people. Ravenclaw, unafraid to be themselves and creative, matched with great wit intelligence, can produce some of the most accomplished wizards,"

"So if your Dahlia was to be in a house other than Slytherin-

"I'll love and be proud of her no less, now if you'll excuse me, I have business to attend too,"

Aimee sat upstairs with Dahlia hadn't stopped apologising since she managed to sneak away while the adults were talking. She never blamed her, she knew how Amycus could be, he had broken hers and Dahlia's arm before, he would only get worse once he knew spells.

"Dahlia, sweetie we're leaving," her father said, opening Aimee's bedroom door,

"Okay dad, I'll see you at school?" Aimee nodded

"Oh and Aimee," her uncle Ralston spoke, "I know you didn't break anything, and keep seeing that boy, my sister doesn't know a good friend when she sees one," she smiled at her uncle.

"Thank you, uncle Ral,"

Aimee didn't know what would be worse, her cousins coming to school with her, with Regulus in their year with them. Or Alecto and Amycus figuring out that her brothers were here, and revealing that fact to her mother, her brothers weren't stupid they would know that their cousins were of age for starting Hogwarts, how they were going to handle it.

She wasn't sure.