𝑭𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒚-𝑻𝒘𝒐

╔═══════════════╗
third year,
shuffles
╚═══════════════╝

The reason for Aimee's break up with Evan remained between the two of them. Dorcas and Emmeline had invited her to come for a study session in the hopes it'll cheer her up and keep her mind busy to prevent her from thinking about him. She explained that they chose to remain good friends and that her tears were the result of overthinking.

They had a free period after breakfast, choosing to use that time to study a little before class which didn't begin for another forty-five minutes. They had a defence against the dark arts class, that Aimee hated, she was never any good at the spells, finding it just too difficult to concentrate.

"Remus, has been asking how've you been?" Emmeline said, putting her quill down to listen to her response

"Remus?" she questioned, "he has spoken to me in nearly three weeks, I hope he's alright he's looked so upset in class,"

"He might feel bad that you and Evan broke up, I mean you did look cute together,"

"Em," Dorcas said, shaking her head at Emmeline.

"Sorry Aimee, I don't mean to upset, but you know it's healthy to remember good times and-

"Emme, it's alright, I don't mind talking about him, but I think Madam Pince is going to get annoyed with us," she said, gesturing to the librarian who kept a watchful eye on them.

They had ten minutes before class started she packed her books away, hoping to take a slow stroll to class, she hated not fully understanding the topic she was learning. Aimee hoped her teacher who she couldn't remember the name of again, wouldn't call on her to answer a question.

She sat next to Marlene in class, who quickly slipped something under her book as she sat down. Aimee lifted her book, she had placed a Quidditch ticket, for the Quidditch World Cup. Aimee creased her brows wondering why Marlene would give her one.

"Do you want to come, I have four tickets?" Marlene asked

"Yeah, I'll ask my father," Aimee said, smiling at her.

***

After class, Sirius, Peter and James were plotting a prank hoping that Remus would join them and they could cheer him up about hurting Aimee. He hadn't spoken to her since the accident, whether she remembered what she saw or not, Remus couldn't face her without remembering what he did.

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good," Sirius said, placing the tip of his wand on a piece of plain parchment, on the parchment appeared

"Messrs. Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs. Are proud to present the Marauder's Map"

"Who are you looking for?" James asked,

"A bunch of people, Snape, Reg, Aimee-

"Burke, why?"

"We don't have the best record when it comes to unintentionally getting her involved in our pranks," Sirius stated he looked for their names all over the castle. "That's strange she's literally near off the map, she's so close to the edge of Hogwarts grounds," he added, looking at Aimee's name so close to the edge.

"You don't think she's that white dog again do you?" Peter asked,

"I don't know," he paused "but I know how to find out," he hurried out of their dorm room.

He ran towards the area where she was, though he was surprised to find her there rather than a white dog. He smirked as he turned himself into his shaggy black dog animagus form, he rolled on the floor to appear like a stray dog.

Aimee picked a stick, throwing it up into the branches hoping it would angle just right to sit perfectly on the branches. The black dog ran towards the falling stick catching it in his mouth, she jumped back, not expecting a dog to run out of the forest.

"Hi boy, where did you come from?" she asked, the dog dropped the stick at her feet. She reached down throwing the stick through the field, the dog raced after the stick, picking it up and bringing it back to her. "Playful aren't you?" she threw the stick a few more times until the dog began to grow tired.

Aimee sat on the grass to her surprise the dog laid down beside her, she petted the dog, thinking that he was lonely or lost. The dog looked very mucky and roughened fur, maybe he was a stray who liked to live around here. He would have food from the Hogshead Inn or the Three Broomsticks, there were caves nearby that he could sleep in though she thought he would get cold during the winter months.

The dog looked up at her face seeing her smile fall, the dog sat up, licking her face to make her laugh a little. She pushed the dog away, she ruffled his ears, looking into his eyes, she pursed her lips.

"You need a name, I know I'll call you Snuffles," the dog grumbled "What?" she questioned, "you don't like that name?" the dog shook his body.

"Well, I'll like it, I don't think anyone really likes their names, I hate Aimee, but I'm named after my Grandmother Amelia, I loathe my middle name Elizabeth, my cruel bitch of a mother is called that, I'm glad I'm a Burke and not a Carrow though, I guess that's a bonus," the dog barked, as though it agreed with her

"I don't know why I'm telling you, it's not like you could tell anyone I suppose," she smiled at the dog, as she raked her fingers through the dog's fur to clean him up a little, "I guess I should get back to the school, you've been a good boy, keeping me company,"

Aimee stood up, running back to the school, the dog retreated into the woods, the dog morphed back into Sirius. He smiled brightly as he leaned on a tree watching her run back to the school, he made her laugh and smile. Even if she didn't know it was him.