𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

╔═══════════════╗
fifth year,
unforgivable curses
╚═══════════════╝
tw: abuse (flashback) 

Being late to class, wasn't common, in fact, she had only ever been late when she was in her first year and couldn't find her way around the school. With everything that happened with her mother, he entire sleeping pattern had been disturbed, either she slept too long or not at all. Last night, she couldn't fall asleep until the early hours of the morning.

She rushed out of her bed, tripping over books as she hurried to get dressed, she gather her hair, into a bun not having time to properly style her hair. As she was about to turn down the hall to her classroom, she overheard a conversation that wasn't meant to be for her ears.

"Yeah, that's right my father said, my sister and I will make the Dark Lord proud," she leaned against the wall, as she wanted to hear more.

"Yeah sure, what makes you think I won't make the Dark Lord proud?" she heard Barty say,

"That's nothing, of course, my whole family will, except for them Burke's poor aunt Elizabeth she must be so ashamed," Amycus said.

"What about you Regulus, will your family make the dark lord proud" she listened closely to his response.

"Miss Burke, I thought fifth years had Defense Against the Dark Arts now?" Professor McGonagall said,

"Yes, they do, I wasn't feeling too well, I'm heading there now," she nodded, as Professor McGonagall left, she walked around the corner, where the fourth-year boys were talking, she made a mental note of the voices she heard.

Amycus Carrow, Bartemius Crouch and Regulus Black.

She didn't want to think that Regulus would ever consider working for a wizard like that. She reached her Defense Against the Dark Arts class, she took a deep breath, she opened the door, everyone's eyes turned to her, she smiled sitting at the back of the class.

"Miss Burke, so nice of you to join us, is there a reason you're late?"

"I wasn't feeling well Professor,"

She opened her book, cringing as she saw the topic, unforgivable curses, something she didn't want to listen about having had two of them inflicted on her before. Sirius kept glancing over at her, she sat scribbling in her book, not fully paying attention.

"Miss Burke, seeing as you were late to class, what can you tell me about the Imperius Curse?" she sighed,

"Once hit with the Imperius Curse, the victims lose their free will, subjected to perform any task the caster has at hand, could be as simple as getting someone a drink or committing murders," The Professor looked surprised that Aimee heard anything he had said, as she didn't seem to engage with the class at all.

"Excellent, Miss Burke 10 points to Slytherin,"

While Evan and Severus were glad that Aimee earned Slytherin house points. Sirius couldn't help wonder exactly what her mother might have made her do as she clearly spoke like she had experiences with the curse. He just hope that was the only curse she had used.

As the class, dove further into the topic of unforgivable Aimee tried her best to pay attention, she kept her head down. She looked down at her desk, trying desperately to control her breathing, she grasped the sides of her head, to try and regain some control. She stood up running towards the door, she ran through the halls as her Professor called for her to return.

"You can't control me!" She yelled, "I won't let you,"

"You don't have a choice, Imperio!"

"You'll go straight to your room without food, only allowed out when I say,"

"Yes, mother,"

She shook her head, as tears ran down her cheek, the halls were crowded as classes had ended, she pushed her way through the students. She ran towards the lake, looking all around her, backing against the tree too.

"I've told you time, and time again, bad behaviour will be punished, Crucio!" she screamed out begging for the pain to stop.

"Please, it hurts!" she cried out,

"Who are they?" she pointed her wand to a picture of her, Lily and Marlene.

"Friends-

"Crucio!" she screamed again as her body thrashed on the fall. "They are not your friends, they're a blood traitor that wants to pull you down and mudblood who doesn't deserve the magic they have,"

She scream out loud, as her eyes fell heavy, her body fell weak as she fell to the floor her eyes closing shut. The scream had been heard by many students, two who ran towards the sound were Sirius and Evan. They raced towards her, Sirius beating Evan to her side, he lifted her head onto his knee, stroking hair away from her face.

"Aimee," he said, "go and find Daniel," Sirius told Evan he quickly ran to find her brother, "Aimee wake up, please," her eyes flickered.

"No, no, please it hurts," she slapped Sirius, he held her tightly against him, restraining her, she cried in his arms, he kissed her head, tears rolled down his face, seeing her this way, pained him that he couldn't do anything to help her.

"What happened?" Danny said, taking Aimee from Sirius,

"I don't know, she ran out of class,"

"That not like her, what was the lesson about?" he asked, lifted her up, walking towards the Slytherin common room.

"Unforgivable curse," Sirius whispered, not wanting her to hear him.

"Right, I'm going to give her a sleeping draught," they reached the door, to the Slytherin Dormitory. "Pureblood" he mumbled

"Really that's the password,"

"That's my password,"

"What do you mean?"

"It wouldn't work for you, the doors only open for a member of Slytherin house, that states the blood status correctly,"

"That's actually really smart, and a little degrading, what if they weren't pureblood-

"Then the password would be, Halfblood, or-" he stopped himself

"Or what?"

"Nothing, open me the door please," Sirius opened Aimee's bedroom door, laying her down on her bed, she grasped Daniel's shirt in her hands.

"Please don't leave me," her voice trembling.

"I won't, but I need to tell Professor Slughorn, what happened okay?" she nodded, Daniel kissed her forehead, "Sirius will stay with you,"

Sirius laid with her, hold her against his chest, lightly rubbed soothing circles on her back, he smiled a little as her breathing calm down. He flicked his eyes down, she had drifted to sleep, he rest his chin on her head, he didn't care if he received detention for missing his classes he wasn't going to leave her like this.