𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝑭𝒊𝒗𝒆

╔═══════════════╗
summer 1975,
malfoy manor
╚═══════════════╝

The week she spent at Grimmauld place, brightened up her summer. Her father spent his summer keeping her mother busy she so could enjoy the ball, without her lurking over Aimee's shoulder. She loved seeing familiar faces from Slytherin House, Lucius Malfoy had even offered her a dance, being that he was the one who taught her in preparation for her first ball at Grimmauld Place.

She had been invited to Malfoy Manor, Lucius' family home, mainly to avoid Narcissa becoming suspicious of the pair talking in public. The Burkes; Aimee's brothers had drawn up a lot of attention for fighting against the dark lord, something which she was most annoyed to read about in the Daily Prophet.

She arrived in Wiltshire, England. Located on the grounds of Malfoy Manor, the driveway to the Manor was large with hedges curving alongside it. She pushed open the wrought-iron gates, they had the Malfoy family crest on top of the gate.

She heard chirping she looked around as she saw seven beautiful pure-white peafowls, that ran all around her. They weren't afraid of her, she smiled at them as she walked towards the door, she knocked on the door expecting a House-Elf to invite her in, she turned around to take one last look at the birds.

"Like the view?" he asked,

"You have all this land to yourself," she said, he chuckled

"Well, My father does, though I'll inherit all this once I marry," he told her

"You intend to marry Narcissa?"

"Why don't we go inside," he said, ignoring her question

He guided Aimee inside his home, she gazed around his home, she couldn't believe how big the place was, and there was only Lucius and his father living here. So she thought, she heard what sounded like a huge animal bounding through the halls.

"They won't hurt you, they're just very big," he assured her as two very large dogs ran towards them, Lucius held his hand up to them, both dogs immediately stopped, sitting down in front of them.

"I never thought you'd be a dog person, or have peacocks in your garden,"

"There's a lot of things you don't know about me," he said, she shook her head,

Lucius showed Aimee to his sitting room where they could talk freely, she wondered where his father was. She never expected his home to be filled with animals. Nine animals to be exact she was more curious about them than she was talking about Narcissa.

"Do they have names?" she asked as she petted the two dogs.

"Skoll and Hati," she creased her brows, she had read them names somewhere before.

"They sound familiar, are they from some kind of mythology,"

"You're smarter than I thought," she rolled her eyes at him, "yes, in Norse Mythology Skoll chases the sun and Hati chases the moon, if they catch them they'll plunge the world into darkness during Ragnarok," she chuckled.

"I'm surprised you're smart enough to know that," he scoffed, "right on to why I'm here,"

She talked Lucius through her plan for him to win Narcissa back. She had done it once before how difficult could it be. Though Aimee was curious as to why the pair had separated in the first place, they seemed so perfect together, she couldn't understand what caused them to drift apart.

She insisted that she tell him what happened so she could help, Lucius just made up some silly argument that he and Narcissa have had many times before. Though she didn't completely believe his excuse, however, she didn't push him to tell her.

"Alright, I know that Narcissa likes you, she has for a while, I think you should just do I say, and hopefully she'll come around,"

"You know Burke, despite what the Prophet has been writing about your brothers. I know I can trust you," he told her, she smiled at him.

"I should get going, I hope everything goes well," Aimee told him.

"You going to be alright going on your own?" she nodded.

"Of course, you'll owe me two favours now,"

"I'm sure you'll collect in the future" 

***

While she had full intentions of returning to Grimmauld Place she realised she hadn't seen her brothers yet. Aimee tried to forget about the things the Daily Prophet had been writing about her brothers. They had done nothing wrong other than defy Pureblood views, which she saw as a good thing. This could have been her chance to get away from her mother for good.

As much as she hated the use of portkeys, it would be the only way her mother wouldn't be able to locate her. She took a deep breath, activating the portkey, she clenched her eyes shut landing in a small village she looked around, nothing seemed familiar.

There were few houses with the odd store, she didn't think about how she would find her brother's home. She told them she was coming, however, she couldn't remember where they said they lived, a small elderly lady spotted her looking around confusingly.

"Are you lost dear?" she asked,

"Yes, I'm looking for Charlie Burke you wouldn't know where he lives would you?"

"Charlie?" she questioned "Oh Charles, he's a wonderful man, alright so what you want to do is head straight down this road, then take your 4th left you'll find him at the furthest house," she explained

"Thank you so much," Aimee smiled at the older woman,

She smiled as she walked down the street, the lady had to have been the first muggle she had ever met. Daniel had told her that they were the only wizards that lived in the village, she was most excited to meet Jacob's girlfriend. Aimee raced towards the house knocking on the door.

"Hello, Might I help you?" a red-haired lady, with a small baby bump asked, Aimee was sure this was the right house.

"I'm sorry, I think I have the wrong house-

"Aimee?" she heard someone say

"Jake!" she said, he hurried to her hugging her tightly.

"What are you doing here?"

"I want to live with you, mother has become too unbearable-

"You don't need to explain, where are your things?"

"I left a note for dad," she told him,

The commotion at the door had alerted Theo, Daniel and Charlie, each taking their turn to hug their sister. Aimee felt a tear roll down her cheek at last they were together again. The redhead cleared her throat, Jacob creased his brows for a second.

"Oh right, Aimee meet Laura, Laura this is my sister Aimee," he said,

"It's so good to finally meet you, you know your brother's don't stop talking about you,"

"It's great to meet you too, Jacob told me about you a while ago, I can't believe I'm only meeting you now, guess he thought I would embarrass him-

"I never said you'd embarrass me,"

"Well, you're just in time for dinner," Laura said, resting her hand on her stomach

"Yes, I'm starving, wait..." she said, she turned around to Jacob, he raised his brows at her, she brought her hands up to her mouth, "Really? You aren't joking with me,"

"Nope, I'm going to be a dad,"

"Oh my god, I'm so happy for you," she said, hugging Jacob and gesturing for Laura to hug her too,

She couldn't believe her own brother having a baby, and with a muggle too. This would be the first Halfblood child born into the Burke family, no wonder he never told her. Their mother could have found out, she highly doubted Jacob wanted her knowing that he was dating muggle.