𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒆

╔═══════════════╗
first year,
christmas with the
blacks 
╚═══════════════╝

Hogwarts was buzzing as students were excited about Christmas and seeing their families though not everyone was pleased. Sirius in particular had to mentally prepare himself for the shouting that would come the second he arrived home. They were polite in their letter, knowing the possibility of someone else reading them.

What were they going to say in person?

He could picture the disapproving scowl on his mothers face, the comments she would have made about him to his aunt and uncle. His father wouldn't have been much different, the only thing he was happy about was seeing Regulus again, he couldn't imagine how bad it had been being all alone in that place.

Aimee on the other hand, couldn't wait to be back home, however it seemed time wasn't on her side, she woke up late. She had to skip breakfast in order to get dressed and check her trunk before leaving, for the train station. She just managed to reach the train in time, panting like a dog she stopped to catch her breath.

"Hurry up there, the train will leave without yer," the gamekeeper warned her, she hurried onto the train, leaning against the window, still catching her breath. She closed her eyes leaning her head back on the window, taking deep breaths to stabilise her breathing.

"Aimee?" she gasped holding her chest

"Alice, you scared me,"

"I'm sorry, do you want to sit with us?" Alice asked smiling at her, she nodded following her to their compartment.

Aimee sat with Alice and Mary opposite Lily and Marlene, they were all excited to be going home for Christmas, except Alice, who wanted to spend Christmas with her newfound friends. She had vowed to send everyone a small present and a card. Aimee gazed out of the window as the train left the station, she hadn't realised Alice was talking to her,

"Aimee?" Alice said, tapping her shoulder

"Sorry, what did you say?" she asked

"Your hair is really long, could I braid it?" she asked, she nodded her head, turning around sitting crossed legged on the seat while Alice parted her hair to braid it. She smiled, Alice had really grown on her, she enjoyed her company, she always like to include Aimee in the Gryffindor girls stories.

"Do you like it?" she asked, showing Aimee her hair in a mirror.

"Yes, I love it," Aimee smiled brightly turning her head to look closer at the braids in her hair. "Thank you Wonderland," she said, wrapping her arms around her.

Aimee saw her mother through the window of the train as the Hogwarts Express came to a halt. Her mind was filled with fear, what would her mother say to her chosen friendships. She walked ahead of the girls hoping to get to her mother before she saw her with them. Alice waved at Aimee, though she pretended she didn't see her.

"What have you done to your hair?" Her mother asked

"Hi, mother," Aimee said "nice to see you too,"

"Take it out now," Her mother instructed, she hesitated, her mother lifted her wand and with a flick of her wand, the braids had come loose. "We must not keep your father waiting."

Her mother held their portkey out she took hold of it. The world spinning around her she landed her feet flat on the ground, she steadied herself, holding her stomach to soothe the sickly feeling lingering from the after-effects of the portkey.

The first dinner at home, made the great hall sound loud a concert, compared to the quietness of the Burke family home. Aimee looked between her mother and father, gathering the courage to speak up. She glanced down at her dinner, then up at her mother.