𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑭𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒚-𝑶𝒏𝒆

╔═══════════════╗
summer 1980,
death of a hero
╚═══════════════╝

Sirius and Regulus cooked up a plan to distract Aimee and themselves. While Sirius kept her busy insisting that she read him a book, while Reg prepare the dining room for them, once he was ready he signalled to Sirius that everything was done.

"Aims," she paused lowering the book, looking down at him resting on her stomach

"How long's left of this chapter, I need the bathroom?" he asked

"I don't know let me look," she turned the page, "oh just a page left,"

"Okay, finish that one then," he hummed as she ran her fingers through his hair, as she finished the last line of the chapter, he sat up, holding her hand,

"I thought you needed the bathroom,"

"I lied, come here," he guided her towards the kitchen, her eyes lit up as the table was set for two, with candlelit dinner, rose petals scattered across the table.

"What's all this for?"

"We haven't had a date in a long while, I thought it would take our minds everything," she smiled at him, wrapping her arms around him,

"Did you cook?"

"No I didn't Reg, so we could have a good meal, or die of food poisoning-

"Fuck you," Regulus said, from the kitchen, causing Aimee to chuckle, he pulled out a chair for her, planting a soft kiss on her cheek as she sat down.

"He's in a mood today," she commented, as he walked into serving them their dinner.

"I'm not in a mood, I'm just tired," he answered pouring them a glass of wine, "Enjoy your dinner, if you need me, I'll be spying on our mothers,"

She smiled as he left, their meal appeared well presented, and looked delicious. Chicken piccata pasta was the meal of choice that Regulus cooked for them, as soon as they took a bite, the eyes slowly closed, savouring the lemon buttery sauce.

"Oh my god, has to be the best thing I've ever tasted,"

"I didn't know he could cook like this," Sirius added, as he took another bite, "he should live us forever, and be our personal cook," she chuckled

"I guess you don't like my cooking anymore,"

"Compromise, one of you do dinner, the other dessert," she chuckled

After they finished their dinner, Sirius carried Aimee to their room, discarded their clothes, lounging together in bed, he kissed the tip of her nose, holding her close. She straddled him, pressing lazy kisses along his neck, he smirked snatching her lips. His hands firmly grasping her behind, sliding her closer to him, he chuckled, she moved away.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing," he brushed a few fallen strands behind her ear, "let's just take our time," she nodded softly pressing her lips against his.

***

She stirred awake, twisting her body around facing him, never did she think Sirius would be laid with her as her husband in Burke Manor. She attempted to manoeuvre herself from his arms, he pulled her closer to him, she nudged him awake, he smirked at her

"I always love waking up with you," he said tucking her hair behind her ear.

"The girls are two years old next week,"

"Yes, I was going to suggest we go and see them, and the boys of course," she frowned

"I feel like such a terrible mother,"

"What are you going on about?" he questioned

"Since they were born they've done nothing but move around, it wouldn't surprise me if Hadrian and Carden don't know who we are-

"Don't talk like that, we're doing the responsible thing okay, I was for sure that we were safe until our house got broken into-

"Why can't we live here with them, Burke Manor practically deserted, my mother moved out, if my father returns he'd be thrilled to know he has grandchildren,"

"I'll talk to your Grandmother, see if she thinks it's safe," Aimee nodded, he kissed her forehead.

She made breakfast for herself and Regulus while he went to her grandmothers, Reg smiled even offering to help her cook. Once she had made up his food, he rubbed his hands together eager to try her cooking, she shook her head at him, the owl delivered the Daily Prophet, they didn't have any post for a change.

Death of a Hero

It has saddened us here at the Daily Prophet, as the body of known protector of Muggleborn wizards in hiding, Thomas Burke. Has been discovered, near the highlands of Scotland, it was thought to believe that Thomas Burke spent most of his last few years, helping to hide and protect Muggleborn wizards and witches. Those who didn't want to put their muggle families at risk of the Dark Forces.

Thomas Burke will be remembered by many, the family however have yet to comment on the devastating news. Thomas Burke's children have been known for their involvement with the Order of the Phoenix. Making their father a very proud man.

Aimee screwed up the paper, tossing it across the room, suddenly her father absence made sense, he hadn't been returning any letter's from Theo in over a year. 'All this time, he could have been dead' she thought.

"Mummy!" she quickly wiped under her eyes, as Rhea and Phoebe ran over to her she kneeled down to wrap them in a big hug.

"Aims, watch this," Sirius said, he placed Hadrian and Carden on the floor, they crawled over to try and reach their sisters.

"Come on, come to mummy," she said, as though they were racing to get to their mother their pace sped up.

"Are you alright?" he mouthed noticed her tear-soaked lashes, she lightly shook her head flicking her eyes over to the Daily Prophet.

Rhea whispered to Aimee that she needed the toilet, she showed her to the bathroom upstairs, Sirius read through the Daily Prophet, he sighed knowing that losing his father meant nothing to him. Aimee cared about her father, she put a brave face on for the children, though he could tell she wanted to scream and let everything out.