𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑭𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒚

╔═══════════════╗
autumn 1980,
happy ending
╚═══════════════╝

As he laid in the bedroom that Aimee had made up for him, he glanced to his left staring at the letter addressed to him. Daring himself to open it and reveal the contents inside, the only problem was Regulus knew it wouldn't make a difference. His father was dead nothing that was written in that letter could change his mind about him.

Dear Regulus,

My son, it may have taken me many years to realise this. However, in recent months, I have seen how difficult being at home had become, more so after Sirius left. I was sorry when your friend Aimee moved away, she was a kind person, I could see that. Thomas, told me that she keeps you company at school, would even fight for you should you need it.

In these past months, I've watched you become a man at a young age. When I saw Bellatrix taunting you and you stood your ground. I remembered how she use to strike fear into you whenever your cousins visited and it was only when Sirius would threaten her or even go the lengths to punch. That I realised I did nothing.

I know there's no possible way you could ever forgive me, I hope you know, I am sorry, for having let Kreacher raise you, myself and your mother should have. I couldn't imagine how you felt watching your aunt and uncle treat Narcissa with kindness and encouragement. I understand why you were close to her and Andromeda too.

I hope in the future we can reconcile our differences.

From Orion.

Regulus never could have imagined what the letter would entail, the fact that his father was willing to help build a relationship with him shocked him most. He was more curious to know what was written in Sirius' letter, that is if he opened the letter, Regulus was planning on lurking around Grimmauld Place to see if he could find out anything more of the Dark Lord's plan.

He had been lurking around Grimmauld Place for nearly 3 hours and nothing, he usually always heard something by now. This time was different it was as though the house was deserted. No Walburga. No Elizabeth.

He took the risk of entering the house, he creaked open the back door, Regulus poked his head inside taking a quick glance around. Kreacher spotted him apparating him upstairs, he quickly hurried Regulus into his bedroom, he wondered why he was hurrying him inside.

"Master, should not have come back,"

"Why not?" he whispered

"Dark Lord, coming soon,"

"Kreacher can you stay within range so I can listen in?" Regulus asked him,

"I don't know Master, the Dark Lord has many abilities-

"Please Kreacher," he begged the elf, Kreacher lightly nodded his head, he apparated Regulus back to Burke Manor.

"Mrs Black, Mrs Burke, I hear you have some news for me," he heard a man speak.

"Yes, my lord, I have news regarding Burke's whereabouts," he heard Mrs Burke say

"Continue,"

"The twins Theodore and Jacob, have been known to be residing in a muggle town just outside of York,"

"And have you arranged for their ends?" he asked

"Yes, my lord, it will all be taken care of,"

"Good, I received word of a prophecy regard a boy born at the end July, whose parents had defied me thrice," he explained "Potters recently had a son, and so have the Longbottoms I have enlisted someone - What is that elf doing here?"

"Kreacher! Leave us at once," Regulus heard his mother's harsh voice through the ring.

"I'm sorry master-

"It's not your fault, thank you,"

As he anxiously awaited for Sirius and Aimee to return home, he prayed that they had taken the children back to Amelia's Cottage. Regulus jumped as a letter flew through the room, he glanced down at the letter, noticing it was addressed to Aimee, he place it on the kitchen side for her to open.

"Hi, Reg we're back,"

"I went to Grimmauld Place, Aimee you have to warn Theo and Jacob, your mother knows where they are and -

"Woah Reg, calm down, My mother doesn't know where they are?"

"How can you be sure, she said they lived just outside of York,"

"They don't anymore, they moved to Southampton, they're at least 4 hours away from York,"

"Oh good, there's another thing too, he mention about the Prophecy, I would have heard more but they spotted Kreacher,"

"What about the prophecy?" Sirius questioned

"He knows, that the Potters and the Longbottoms, both had a son born at the end of July," Sirius turned to Aimee

"Who did Sybill say the prophecy was about?" he asked

"She didn't I just knew Lily was due in July," Aimee said, he left to warn both families of the Dark Lord's knowledge, Regulus handed Aimee the letter that came.

Dear Aims

I have some incredible news like literally, we were not expecting it. You'll never believe it but Melissa and I are having a baby. I still don't know how that happened, we've been careful. Then again, when you're living alone, a lot of things can happen, am I right Aimee.

Anyways, I wanted you to be the first to know, I'll be telling Grammy and our brothers next week at some point. I hope you're keeping safe.

Love Danny,

"Is everything alright?" he asked

"Danny's going to be a father,"

"Is that good?" he asked as she sounded unsure of herself

"Yes, it is, I'm just worried about my brothers, I know the children are safe in the countryside, away from it all, but I still worry about them, and now I'm worrying about Harry and Neville, they're just babies, and they already had a lot put on them, with this stupid prophecy,"

"Hey, take a deep breath," he breathed with her, "Sirius is going to work something out, I'll help any way I can,"

"This isn't going to end is it?"

"Everything comes to an end, sometimes happy, sometimes sad, we just have to hope for a happy ending,"