𝑭𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒚

╔═══════════════╗
third year,
most vivid dream
╚═══════════════╝

The return to Hogwarts. Aimee was more than ready, counting down the last few days of the holidays, however, she was worried that Evan was keeping something from her. He hadn't replied to any of her letters, she questioned if his parents might have told him not to. 'But why would they? They were very kind to her,'

She arrived at King's Cross station by herself, her father wasn't home to take her and her mother had been a nightmare to live with leading up to today. They argued too many times for her to count, most of the arguments ended up with Aimee locked up in her room.

Finally, she would be going back to Hogwarts where she could freely be herself and be with her friends, as she stood on the platform. She scanned around the crowd of students looking for Evan, when she spotted him she snuck up to him, wrapping her arms around him, he shrugged her arms off him.

"We should board the train," he said, abruptly leaving her.

He didn't hug her back, she creased her brows, leading the way to the train. He looked back at his father, who nodded at him, he sighed following her onto the train. He stopped Aimee before they walked into their compartment.

"Aimee, I don't think we can stay together,"

"What, I thought you-

"We had a great time, but it's not going to work, you're too much of a blood traitor"

"Blood traitor! How dare you? I thought," she paused her eyes filling with tears, "I thought you were different," she turned around running down the train away from him.

She sat in a compartment all alone, tears running down her cheeks, she sat with her knees up to her chest. Taking deep breaths in an attempt to calm herself, the last thing she wanted was for someone to take pity on her. She wiped her eyes, just as three people walked in.

"What happened we saw you crying from outside?" Daniel said, sitting beside her.

"Evan broke up with me," she coughed between her words, Daniel wrapped his arms around her, he shook his head at Theo and Jacob as they were turning towards the door.

Jacob and Theo withheld their anger, sitting with her as she cried, they tried to cheer her up. However, they had no idea what they could possibly say to make her feel better. She snuggled into Daniel's hug, wiping her tears on his shirt.

Daniel mouthed to Theo and Jacob not to do anything stupid, she asked Jacob to tell her about Laura hoping it would cheer her up. Which it did hearing about how Jacob met her, how he had met her parents, he hadn't told her about being a wizard though. He was worried she wouldn't want to be with him if she found out.

***

As the Great Hall filled with students for the feast, she sat furthest away from everyone, alone. Regulus was stuck with Avery and Mulciber, he knew she didn't like them. Evan was sat with Severus though he didn't pay attention to anything he was saying.

Evan kept glancing up at her, he creased his brows she looked like she had been crying a lot. He didn't want to make her cry, but he knew he had to break up with her. Even if he didn't want to. He didn't stay to finish his dinner but instead retreated to the dungeons.

Aimee didn't want to stay in the dungeons tonight but she had nowhere else to go. Then it hit her she was an animagus she could have easily found somewhere else to stay as a dog. Maybe she could stay with Torvus, she waited until curfew before turning in a dog.