𝑭𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓

╔═══════════════╗
third year,
quidditch tryouts
╚═══════════════╝

A month of school had flown by, Aimee was settling into her new elective class, she had chosen Divination, Ancient Runes and Arithmancy. Taking three subjects wasn't required, however, she found the three subjects too fascinating to only choose two.

Her grandmother; Amelia Burke was a seer, though as she aged her predictions weren't as clear. They were still fascinating to listen to, Aimee remembers going to her grandmother's and listening to her for hours about her predictions, some were serious and she had to report them to the ministry.

Whereas others were quite fun and amusing, Amelia use to tell her stories, using some of her visions as the plot for the stories. Which Aimee feels sparked her interest in reading, her grandmother came from a family who had a long line of Seers in their ancestry.

Some of the seers in her family were very successful until Amelia's great-grandmother Cassandra was cursed, her predictions were never taken seriously by other wizards and witches. Amelia's grandniece inherited the family gift she had started Hogwarts this year too.

She wanted to know more about her grandmother's talent, she asked her cousin Dahlia to talk to her. As they were both in Ravenclaw house together, but to her surprise, she wanted to talk to her as well. Aimee had arranged a study session between the two and hoped she could find out more about her families talent.

***

Today was the day for Quidditch tryouts, she had been practising with Regulus and Evan, all month she was the most determined person in Slytherin house that was trying out. She waited with Regulus for the Slytherin team captain to join all those who were trying out for the team.

"Right, so you want to join the Slytherin team, if you didn't bring your own brooms I'm afraid you can't try out," the captain said, he was known to be very superstitious of jinx brooms.

However, Slytherin students were resourceful and everyone who was trying out had brought their own brooms, her father had paid for her to get a new broomstick, Silver Arrow. Rumoured to be one of the fastest brooms ever made, even the flying instructor Madam Hooch owned one.

"All of you trying out for Chaser, get up there," the captain ordered,

She found the captain to be very rude, however, she did as he said, she mounted her broom and flew up into the air. Evan was also trying out for Chaser, Regulus was trying out for seeker. Evan winked at her as he flew past her, shook her head at him, once she saw a chance to prove her skills.

She swiftly took the quaffle from another Chaser who wore his jumper reversed to show he was on the opposing team. Aimee threw the Quaffle to Evan, she flew towards the hoops, he saw that she was clear and threw her the Quaffle back to her, she scored a goal.

Flying back around she had the Quaffle, however, this time she had two opposing Chasers at either side of her, they shoved and pushed in order to get her to let go of the Quaffle. Aimee was a lot smaller than they were, she lifted her broom up, wriggling her way out. She flew towards a lower hoop, throwing the Quaffle to Evan for him to score one.

"Burke! Come down here," the captain said, she sighed, lowering her broom down the ground, she hopped off once she was closer to the floor.

"What is it?" she asked

"I liked what I saw, we don't often have small Chaser's like you, I thought you would've tried out for Seeker,"

"So people keep telling me," 

"Nevertheless, you did great out there, keep it up and you might have a spot on the team," he said

She smiled proud of her performance, it would be nice to give Potter a run for his money. As he often claimed he was the best Chaser Hogwarts had ever seen, barbaric in her opinion. She was going to show Potter just how good of a Chaser she could be.

After tryouts for Chasers were over Evan and Aimee sat in the stands to watch Regulus tryout for Seeker. She smiled proudly at him, he was really good, for a second year, if he got on the team he would be the youngest on the Slytherin Quidditch Team.

"I just want to see how my brother is doing it won't be long babe I promise," she rolled her eyes upon hearing Sirius walk into the stands with Layla.

The two new lovebirds sat a few seats away from them, Aimee tried to act as though she hadn't seen them. Evan cringed as he wrapped his arm around Layla, Sirius glanced to see if Aimee was looking. A smirk grew on his face face 'he was doing this to get attention from Aimee,'

Evan leaned into Aimee confidently putting his arm around her shoulder at first she tried to move, but he whispered in her ear. "Black is trying to annoy you with Harris, don't let him," she smiled at him, he was looking out for her.

She nuzzled in a little closer to Evan, she had to admit it was rather nice cuddled in his arms. She hadn't realised how cuddly he was, though he was completely surprised when she nuzzled in closer. He wasn't expecting her to go along with him like this, however, it did feel right. He knew he liked Aimee, but if there was in even the slightest possibility that she liked him too he wanted to find out.

"Aimee, do want to go to Hogsmeade?" he asked, "just you and me,"

"Like a date?" she asked, he nodded smiling softly at her

"Yeah, I'd like that,"