𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝑻𝒘𝒐

╔═══════════════╗
summer 1979,
sirius doesn't lay low
╚═══════════════╝

By the time mid-July came Aimee sat in Grimmauld Place looking out of the window, the sunny summer days would have been the perfect time to have some fun. However, the people in this house didn't know the meaning of fun.

Theo brought her the Daily Prophet like he had done every morning, and every morning, she flipped through paper. She hadn't seen anything regarding Sirius in a long time, it wasn't a bad thing, it meant he wasn't dead, though there wasn't any evidence to say he was alive either.

They made the arrangement with Amelia, with the idea that Sirius could still remain active in the Order. She knew today was the day Avery, Mulciber, Crouch and Evan went after James and Sirius, the Dark Lord was still hoping the Carrows could break them once they were caught.

"Jake's house was attacked," she read, Theo hurried over to her

Death eaters attacking muggle villages, with the knowledge that known blood traitor, Jacob Burke and his muggle wife, reside in the village. Amongst many over muggles, thankfully no casualties were reported as it seemed the couple was out when the attack occurred.

"Oh thank god," he said, "I hope they moved somewhere else," she nodded, keeping more quiet than usual. "Are you alright?"

"No, Sirius hasn't been active in the order for a while now, my girls should be 11 months old now, as soon as I find a reason I'm taking it,"

"I understand, Jake and Laura were lucky this time, what I'm more concerned about is how death eaters knew where to find them,"

"Mother most likely," she muttered, sighing loudly, "I need to find Evan,"

"How can you trust him?" Theo asked, she bit her lip,

"It's complicated," he sat down waiting for her to continue, "I was petrified to go home, mother grabbed my arm yanking me off the platform, Evan saw and came to introduce himself, hugging me tightly I almost couldn't breathe, he invited me to his home,"

"He protected you,"

"Yeah, I know he'll keep me safe Theo," he nodded letting her leave, she hurried to find Evan, when she couldn't find him she searched for Regulus,

"Have you seen Rosier around?" she questioned

"He's already left," she nodded, turning away "Alecto," she turned around to face him, "don't get close to him,"

"Why not?" she said

"Because he'll never care about you, never love you, he wants his equal, and to him, that isn't you,"

"Well, who is it then?" she said, bitterly

"I don't know, he hasn't found her yet," he smiled as he walked away.

Aimee knew he had lied to her. She knew Regulus enough to know his tells, while he couldn't lie to her confidence, he could lie through his teeth to Alecto. She saw Walburga dressed in her travel robes, as she walked out of her home calmly.

She knew Walburga had gone to St. Mungos to visit Orion. Though she never expected her to care enough about her husband health to go and visit him. He had fallen ill in the last couple of weeks, while he brushed it off as nothing, Mrs Black, had enough and insisted that he go to the hospital.

She knew how Regulus and Sirius felt about their parents their father falling ill wouldn't have bothered them too much. Though she had noticed how withdrawn Regulus was, then again as Alecto she rarely crossed his path.

While Walburga was out, it left Theo, Aimee, Evan and Regulus alone in the house. She tried her best to remember where the creaky floorboards were as she tiptoed to Sirius' room, nothing had been touched she creased her brows, she heard Walburga and Bellatrix casting curses in his room.

Nothing had changed, his posters were still intact, non of his albums were broken, she spotted the corner of a canvas under his bed. She smiled as she held the canvas painting, it was the painting she made them for the first Christmas they spent together, she remembered it clearly.

"I can't believe you two, both named after stars and you don't even recognise their constellations," they took another look at the painting, Aimee took Sirius' painting.

"The red one is the dog star, known as Sirius," Aimee explained, Sirius gazed at her rather than the painting. "The gold one is Orion and I painted it on a black canvas so-

"Sirius Orion Black," Sirius finished her sentence,

"Reg got you the quidditch book he put my name on it in case I didn't get you anything," Sirius explained, Aimee sat on the bed, he sat beside her while she unwrapped the present. Her mouth fell open curving into a smile 'The Hobbit'

"To replace the one I ruined," he said,

"Thank you, Sirius, I love it," she threw her arms around him,

A tear rolled down her cheek, she missed him, Christmas was always a special time for her. The holiday always managed to bring them together, the first time Sirius kissed was at Christmas. Christmas was the only time she forgot about her problems, someone cleared their voice at the door.

"You are okay?" Evan questioned, she wiped her cheeks,

"Yeah, it's just been harder than I thought it would," she admitted, he sat with her, hesitantly wrapping his arm around her, rubbing her shoulder. "I miss him so much,"

"Aimee about Sirius,"

"What happened?"

"Nothing, at least I think nothing's happened," he paused, turning away from her, "there's talk that with lack of Sirius' involvement in the order, they're presuming-" he stopped taking a deep breath

"What?"

"They're presuming he's dead,"

"No," she shook her head vigorously, "I won't believe that,"

"They're just presuming, he could just be laying low-

"Sirius doesn't lay low," she stood up hurrying to his bedroom window, "I have to see him," he quickly grabbed her arm, yanking her off the ledge

"I'm not about to let you jump out of the window,"

"I'll be fine, you just have to promise to keep it a secret," he creased his brows,

As she morphed into a white dog, his eyes widened. The dog jumped up at him, licking his face, the lept of the window, running down the streets of London. She needed to be sure he was okay if that meant running all night to find out that's what she was going to do.