𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

╔═══════════════╗
seventh year,
baby shower bet
╚═══════════════╝

Exam season was coming up fast, Aimee was more than prepared for her exams, she had been suffering from discomfort during the night. However, she used the time to study for her exams, as much as Sirius tried to help her sleep, she could never get comfortable.

If it wasn't the discomfort keeping her awake, it was Sirius' snoring, she could usually sleep through his snoring although the last few nights he had kept her awake. She made her way to Professor Slughorn's office to talk to him about the career she had in mind after Hogwarts.

She hadn't given much thought to the kind of career she wanted, she never thought she'd have control over her future. She never imagined her life being as carefree as it had been since left her parents. Then it dawn on her that her father didn't know he already had two grandchildren and would be having two more.

"Miss Burke, please come in take a seat," Professor Slughorn pulled a chair out for her.

"Have your classes been alright, no sickness I hope," he asked

"My classes haven't bothered me much, apart from the smell in Potions, I've been fine,"

"Good, good, I think you'll do just fine if you skipped a few of my classes, your grades are impeccable," he said, he looked through her class reports, "With Exams in a month and graduation in two months, do you have an idea of career path you'd like to take," she cringed

"Truthfully, Professor, with my pregnancy, my mind has been all over the place, I haven't thought about anything outside of Hogwarts,"

Her mind flooded with more than career ideas, she and Sirius had nothing, she was almost halfway through her pregnancy and they didn't have a thing. She knew of all the things, Laura and Jacob had to buy before Ethan was born, and they would most likely be using some of them for baby Laura. She realised she wasn't paying attention to Professor Slughorn.

"I enjoy reading if that's anything to go on," she said,

"Well, you have some of the best-written work, in your year," he commented, "you have a way with words Miss Burke, could come in handy for Journalism or even publishing your own book,"

"I would like a career that I would enjoy, not being stuck behind a desk... oh, sorry,"

"None taken, it's a pleasure to educate young wizards," he said, "if you're unsure, we can leave it for now, if you'd like?" she nodded, leaving his office.

"Oh good, I've found you," Lily hooked Aimee's arm guiding her down the corridor

"What's wrong?"

"It's Sirius, he's freaking out," she said,

Lily and Aimee hurried to Gryffindor Tower, she knew it was too good to be true, Sirius had been so calm, he was bound to snap eventually. As they walked through the doors the whole room yelled surprise at her, she almost fell back, though Lily steadied her.

"What is all this?" she asked

"McKinnon, suggested throwing you a baby shower, I thought it would cheer you up," Sirius said, not at all freaking out.

"This is really nice but you didn't have to," she said, holding her hand on her lower back, she fanned her face, feeling overwhelmed, Sirius took her robe off so she could cool down a little, without the extra layer.

"My gosh, they're growing, look how big you are now," Alice said, offering to help her to the sofa.

"Thank you wonderland, but I'm still capable of walking to the sofa," she sat down,

"We got you both presents," Dorcas said, flicking her wand over to them the floated over to her.

"That's a lot, you really didn't need to do this,"

"We wanted to, here open mine first," Remus said, handing her a big box, she took the lid off, inside were dozens of chocolate bars. "Sirius said, you're eating a lot of chocolate, so I got you all the ones I could find, there orange, white chocolate, dark chocolate, mint, caramel, salted caramel, chocolate fudge, you name it's in there," showing her all the variety of Chocolate he had put inside.

"Thank you, Rem," he leaned down to hug her, she kissed his cheek.

"Okay, okay, mine next," Marlene said, "I thought this was so cute," Aimee smiled at her opening the wrapping paper. Two tiny baby grows fell on her lap. On the front was 'thing 1' on the other was 'thing 2' "I call them things, cause we don't know what they are yet?" she explained

"About that, I thought it would be kind of fun if we all had a bet to guess their genders," James proposed,

Sirius thought it was a great idea, James grabbed a piece of parchment, writing his predictions, then Lily and Marlene wrote their predictions for the baby. Remus, Alice and Peter joined in, even Dorcas, Mary and Frank had a go. Sirius and Aimee didn't as they weren't sure if they wanted to know yet.

"Alright, you all wrote down your predictions?" Sirius said everyone nodded, "good, cause I'm keeping this until they're born,"

"Ooh," Aimee breathed, holding her stomach, drawing all their attention.

"What's wrong?" Sirius asked, sitting next to her,

"They're kicking, here," she held his hand, placing it on her stomach, "This feels weird,"

"Good weird?" Lily asked,

"Wonderful weird, anyone else, want to feel?" she asked, Marlene was the first one to raise her hand, Lily insisted that James feel them kicking too, he was hesitant to do so, he just hoped it wouldn't be weird touching Aimee's stomach.

"Woah," James said

"That was a big one," she said, Sirius laughed as James walked away

"Definitely a girl, rejecting Prongs already," he shouted over to him,

"Leave him alone," Sirius stood in shock as Aimee defended James against his taunting, maybe they had become friends after all, or at least they tolerated each other now.