𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒆

╔═══════════════╗
first year,
spooky season
╚═══════════════╝

The spooky time had come, the holiday of Halloween, a time for the spooky and truly terrifying to come alive. However, for Hogwarts students, it was a good time to cause mischief and prank fellow students. At least that's what James Potter and his friends decided to do. The first thing they had to do was choose their unknowing victim.

They watched as the students walked through the hall, Sirius and James both eyed the same small greasy-haired boy. Snivellus. While James, Sirius and Peter left the hall to set up the perfect prank on Severus. Remus remained seated not wanting to partake in the antics and risk losing house points or receiving detention, from McGonagall if they're caught.

Aimee sat with Lily, Alice and Marlene, they were waiting for Mary to come back from the library. Yes, she liked the girls and enjoyed their company much more than she did Severus and Evan's company. Evan wasn't bad, he just had strong beliefs that Aimee didn't want to associate herself with.

"You never told us, how Sirius did," Marlene asked her, she looked at Alice who blushed.

"Sorry, I had to tell them, I tried to keep it in but she pounced on me," Alice explained,

"He did exceptionally well, he proved he's sorry and actually accepts my friendship, which I wasn't expecting at all," she explained, Marlene looked down the hall.

"Where are they anyway?" she asked

"Probably cooking up some big prank somewhere," Lily said, rolling her eyes at the thought.

"Prank?" she questioned

"Yes, they do these silly pranks all the time, mainly in the common room," Alice told her,

"But today is Halloween it's got to be a big one, even Remus isn't in on it," Marlene said, glancing down at Remus sat alone.

"Hey, Remus!" Lily shouted, he looked up at the girls "do you want to sit with us?" he nodded, getting up from his seat to sit with the girls.

"Do you know Aimee?" Marlene asked him,

"Yes," he smiled at her

"Good then we don't need introductions," Marlene said, digging into her pumpkin cake.

"Mars, you going to choke if you ram anymore into your mouth," Lily told her

"So, I'm hungry, let me eat in peace Lil," she mumbled, Aimee shook her head at the girl. She stood from her seat, throwing her bag over her shoulder.

"Where are you going?" Alice asked

"To the library, I promised Madam Pince, I'd hand a book back in before 3 pm today, and it's almost 2:30," she told them, they nodded, she left the great hall, taking a quicker route to the library.

***

"Shh, he should be coming soon," James hushed Sirius and Peter, who were waiting for Severus to come down the hall.

"Oh shit," Sirius said, seeing Aimee walk directly towards their prank, "I'll be right back," he raced ahead hoping to catch her before she reached their prank. He grabbed her wrist dragging her into an empty classroom.

"Sirius what are you-

"Shh," he said putting his hand over her mouth. She pulled his hand away from her mouth

"What are you doing?" she asked again, he held his finger up to his mouth.

Signalling her to be quiet, she looked down at her hand he was holding her hand, whether he was aware of this, she didn't know. A big explosion happened outside of the classroom, Sirius and Aimee looked outside and saw Severus running down the hall covered in red paint. He began laughing, though he had missed the initial prank, he still found it hilarious, she had a big smirk on her face.

"What are you smirking at?" he asked

"You care about me," she teased

"What? No, I don't-

"Oh really, so why didn't you let that happen to me, you didn't have to drag me in here did you," she teased him more, he smiled a little shaking his head slightly at her.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he said, watching James and Peter laugh at their marvellous prank.

"Sure you don't," she teased, "you're still holding my hand you know," he looked down between them, quickly letting go of her hand. "Thank you, I don't think red would have suited me anyway," she teased him, as she left the classroom.

He didn't know why he helped her, but her response to his help. The teasing comment, made him smile, he was becoming accustomed to her, she was going to be a great friend he just knew it. He could see it. He and Aimee, the best of friends.

The Lion and the Snake.

Red and Green.

Gold and Silver.

Black and Burke.

He followed her after her, cringing when she turned into the library, he couldn't scare her now. Not without getting detention for it. Sirius hid behind a bookcase, while he watched Aimee hand in her book, she then proceeded to search the library for a new book. He took this chance to scare her, it was Halloween tricking people was the purpose of this holiday.

Aimee was so certain that she was alone, that she never questioned if someone was following her. Sirius could see the joy in her eyes, as she read through the back of the books, though she quickly put some back. While she was busy reading through another book, he quickly snuck up behind her, grabbing her waist and jerking her a little.

"You idiot, I could've dropped my book," she whispered

"It's the spooky season, you got to expect a few scares," he told her, she nudged his shoulder,

"You mind holding theses," she handed him five books, while she looked for more, he looked at the authors, recognising them as wizards.

"I thought you read muggle stories?" he questioned

"I do, but there isn't a wide collection here at Hogwarts, some of the ones they do have I didn't really enjoy,"

"Ah, can I ask why do you enjoy reading?"

"It's an escape, imagining that I'm in a whole other world, that's different and unique,"

"When you put it like that reading actually sounds fun," he commented

"Here, try reading this," she gave him, an adventure story hoping he would read it. "See if you can enter the world of imagination,"

"Thanks, I'll get right on that,"

Aimee was surprised that he took the book from her, half expecting him to put it back. She couldn't wait to find out if he actually reads the book, she knew the story well and would know if he lied about reading it. She supposed that he could have just asked Remus for the idea of the book, he could know, he and Aimee had the same taste in books.

They both left the library with their individual books, only to go their separate ways. One towards the tower and the other towards the dungeons. Aimee was glad that Sirius asked her about books and gave up teasing her for reading, maybe she inspired him to take up the hobby himself or he just wanted a conversation starter.