𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑬𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

╔═══════════════╗
seventh year,
for the last time
╚═══════════════╝

Aimee cried as she packed their trunks for the last time. She's wouldn't be packing another trunk, until it was Ethan's time to start his journey at Hogwarts. As much as Jacob and Laura would want to help him, she would go to the station with him.

Right now, that moment seemed decades away, she wiped her eyes and she lightly grazed her fingers across her Slytherin emblem. She refrained from packing any of her books, she wanted to spend this time with her friends, not with her nose stuck in a book. The only one she packed was the one she was currently reading with Sirius.

He didn't seem at all emotional about their return to Hogwarts, she couldn't understand why. His life at school was always better than his life at home. She thought he would feel something, even if it wasn't any major emotion.

"Aims you ready,"

"Yeah," she smiled at him, her eyes welling up, he hugged her tightly,

"What's the matter with you,"

"It's our last time, going to Hogwarts,"

"I know, it's great,"

"How are you this cool about it?"

"Because I'm not saying goodbye to Hogwarts, I'll be back there one day, I'm sure of it, as for friends, do you really think we're going to drift apart after some of the things we've been through together,"

"That's really sweet-

"This is just the beginning, I promise, you that," he lightly kissed her lips, wiping the tears that fell down her face.

Sirius tightly held her hand, as they made their way to Platform Nine and Three Quarters, for the last time. As they reached the barrier, she squeezed his hand, fighting back her tears, 'it's just the beginning,' she told herself.

As they ran through the barrier, she looked all around her, many younger students happily greet friends. She looked around for any familiar faces, Sirius held her hand tightly in his, James approached them, he eyed Aimee cautiously.

"Hi Potter, did you have a good new year?" she asked, smiling at him,

"It was alright, how about you?"

"My nephew loves Sirius more than me," she said, causing Sirius to roll his eyes at her,

"She only thinks that because he wants to sit with me all the time,"

"There's Lily, I'm going to go and say hi," she said, excusing herself.

"So you said, she was emotional about coming here, but she seems fine," James asked

"You should have seen her last night, literally crying while sorting her uniform out,"

"What's wrong with her?"

"I have no idea, I think she due her time of the month if I've got the dates right, and her hormones are gone haywire," James eyed him, "What?"

"You know her cycle?" James questioned

"We've been going out for three years now and we live together, of course, I know that," he said,

Aimee waved back at Sirius and James as she bored the train with Lily. They searched the train for the other girls, she rushed over wrapping her arms around Alice. Marlene rested her head on Dorcas' shoulder, Mary wasn't anywhere to be seen.

"Where's Mary, I thought she'd be here with you?" Lily asked,

"Oh she was, she went to go and find a boy," Alice inform her

"A what?" Marlene exclaimed

"A boy, they started seeing each other over the holidays,"

"Who?" Dorcas asked,

"A Hufflepuff boy, Reg Cattermole, I think that's who she said," Alice told them, smiling at Frank as he walked past their compartment.

"Oh that's so adorable, I didn't think she was dating anyone," Aimee said, the girls eyed her,

"Are you alright?" Lily asked

"Yeah, you know it's just one of them things, we're all growing up, Sirius and I are living together, James seems to have matured," she said, Lily didn't show any hint that she may have changed her opinion of him.

"That reminds me after we graduate, Marls and I are moving in together," Dorcas said, Lily, Aimee and Alice congratulated them, wishing them the best.

"We were hoping you could come and help decorate, we'll do all the painting, we'll give Remus the instructions, knowing he'll be able to get his boys to help build our furniture for us," Marlene said, Dorcas raised her brows at her, "not that we couldn't do it, I just don't want to do it,"

"That's better," she said, pressing her lips against Marlene's

"Happy New Year girls,"

"Happy New Year Remmy," all the girls said together

"Erm Lil, James might be late for head boy duties, I need him for something,"

"What else is new," she said,

"Aimee can I borrow you for a second?" he asked she nodded leaving the compartment to talk to him.

"What is it?"

"Sirius wondered if you managed to talk to Regulus yet,"

"No I haven't even looked for him yet, depending on how his Christmas has been I'll talk to him, in the common room,"

"Alright, I'll tell him," Remus smiled at her, leaving for the boy's compartment, as he entered Sirius and Peter were laughing at James.

"Moony listen to this," Peter said, James shot him and Sirius a glare,

"Go one tell him," Sirius said

"I said, that I think I might have a shot-

"No, tell him, exactly what you said, word for word," Sirius specified, he sighed

"I said, 'I'm telling you Lily said, she's looking for someone exactly like me, Well I added the exactly like me, but she's looking for someone and that's going to be me,' Tell me how that's funny?"

"It is when Lily hasn't shown any interest in you,"

"It'll happen eventually, just you wait,"