𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑭𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝑬𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

╔═══════════════╗
summer 1980,
inherit everything
╚═══════════════╝

Burke Manor was filled with dust and old furniture that hadn't been tended to, leaving cracks in the ancient woodwork. The home had been deserted not a soul resided inside, and hadn't for over a year, Thomas Burke had gone into hiding a long time ago.

His children grew more concerned every day, Theo and Jacob hadn't heard anything from him, in months. Daniel and Aimee hadn't spotted a crow flying around them, it wasn't uncommon for him to deliver letters, in his crow form, but just like their older brothers, they hadn't heard a thing for months now.

Elizabeth Burke made herself available to the Dark Lord's demands, whatever he needed she was willing to give. She had already taken her nephew and niece under her wing, building them up to the tasks the Dark Lord demanded. If only she knew she had Theo and Aimee standing right in front of her. She would have put a stop to them immediately.

She had five children and they were all disappointments, not one of them was strong enough to serve the noble cause. In her mind they were too weak-minded and easily influenced by mudbloods and filthy muggles, to serve the Dark Lord.

Regulus tried his best to make out what he could from the letters that were hidden in Mr Burke's office. Many letters had been exchanged between Elizabeth and Walburga, there were even a few between Thomas and Orion. He knew they were friends during their Hogwarts days, but never expected them to have exchanged many letters.

It seemed that their mothers stayed strong to their beliefs, while their father's mellowed out as they grew older, he found a letter that hadn't been opened yet. It was addressed to Thomas Burke, with the Black family wax seal on the back.

Thomas,

I write to you to inform you of my son Sirius' abandonment. I understand that your daughter and he had grown rather close over the last few months, and I hope that she is doing alright, she was always a pleasant person to have around. To be completely honest with you, both of my sons, have never smiled so much since she's been visiting.

I haven't been the best father to them, leaving the elf to do all the work. Seeing them somewhat happy, even if it's for a short time. Made me realise just how bad their life here at Grimmauld Place had been. I just hope I can tell them that before it's too late.

Orion.

Regulus couldn't believe the words that were written on the page, their father felt guilty for how he and Sirius were raised. His brother would think this was a joke when he showed him. Then again, he realised that their father didn't take Sirius out of his will.

'Maybe he did feel bad for how we were raised'

His head snapped up someone entered the house, he gripped his wand, creeping along the hallway, he glanced over the bannister. He sighed when he saw Aimee and Sirius, he stuffed the letter in his pocket, as he hurried downstairs he hugged them. Sirius creased his brows something bothered Regulus, he could put his mind on what.

"It's strange being back here," she mumbled, looking around her old home,

"Before I forget this, was in your father's study," Regulus handed her a book, with on top.

'I've kept this for several years, I want you to have it, love you, Starling.'

She took the book, as she sat on the sofa, she grazed her fingers across the spine, written on the front was. Five Little Burkes as she opened the book, her face lit up at the memories inside. Many old photos from her childhood. Her eyes settled on a photo, underneath was written 'Aimee aged 3, Daniel age 5, Jacob and Theodore aged 7 and Charlie aged 10.'

A tear rolled down her cheek it was the last photo they had taken together before Charlie left to live with their uncle. She smiled as Charlie held her on his shoulders, while Theo and Jacob were pushing each other and Daniel flashing a cheeky smile for the camera. Sirius noticed her tears as she looked further into the book.

"Wait, I think you should read this," he handed Sirius the letter, he read through the letter, displaying next to no emotion on his face.

"Doesn't mean anything he's dead," he said, giving him the letter.

"The fact that he was willing to make things better for us, is good enough for me," he crossed his arms, "he didn't change his will you still inherit everything," he added.

"What do you want me to say?" he questioned, "yay," he clapped his hands, "I get Grimmauld Place when the bitch dies," he mocked

"That's not what I meant-

"Reg, it doesn't matter, there's nothing that could convince me to move back there,"

"Alright, I'll drop it," he sighed, "while I was there, I overheard something, I don't want to worry Aimee, but the Dark Lord plans to eradicate the Burke lineage," he spoke quietly,

"He can't wipe out an entire family,"

"He starting with the Burkes,"

"What do you mean he's starting with the Burkes?" Sirius asked

"If he's successful in killing them all of them, he's going kill other families, like the Potters, and McKinnon, Longbottom, Weasleys you name it, any family that doesn't fit his ways,"