𝑭𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒚-𝑺𝒊𝒙

╔═══════════════╗
summer 1974,
quidditch world cup
╚═══════════════╝

Snuggling closer to the girl next to her, Aimee stirred awake, she looked at the redhead laid next to her. The night before filled with gossip; talks of boys and makeovers, they might have been told to sleep. However, they decided they were going to stay awake as long as they could, wake up in the morning.

Aimee was one of the first girls up aside from Alice who woke up shortly after her. They spent their morning painting their faces, for the Quidditch game, while they only put the face paint on their cheeks. She messed with her hair trying to decide how to wear her hair.

"Why don't you put your hair into two ponytails?" Alice suggested parting Aimee's hair down the centre gathering each side up into a high ponytail.

"Yeah that looks great," Aimee said, taking her hair-ties from around her wrist to tie up her ponytails.

She had never worn her hair this way before the voluminous curls fittest the ponytails perfectly. More often than not she had to braid her hair to prevent big knots from forming in her hair from the windy weather. As Marlene and Lily woke they rushed to get ready in time before they were to be heading to the Quidditch World Cup.

Mr McKinnon insisted on taking the girls to the Quidditch game, by floo powder. She was grateful that she would arrive at World Cup, without the sickly feeling in her stomach. Wizards and Witches flooded the grounds, all from different cultures and backgrounds, coming together to watch the 1974 Quidditch World Cup.

Marlene had a system for getting to see everything before the game began. She and Aimee hurried to buy some merchandise, while Alice and Lily went to get ice cream from everyone. Marlene held a quidditch jersey up to her, Aimee tilted her head, before giving her the thumbs up, causing her to excitedly buy the jersey.

Somewhere else around the grounds, were James and the three boys he had invited to the game. Which of course were Remus, Peter and Sirius. They were wandering around before the game started there was a group of French girls who had their eyes on the four boys. One of the girls tripped, Sirius helped her up, she giggled, as she looked up at him, he awkwardly smiled at her walking away from the girls.

"Padfoot, what are you doing?" James said he creased his brows at him confused by James question, "that girl was all over you,"

"There's only one girl for me-

"Aimee?"

"Yes Moony, I have a plan, I'm going to tell Aimee I love her," Peter chuckled "What's with you?"

"You aren't going to tell her, you get all nervous when she's around,"

"Yeah, he's right, you'll chicken out of it," James said

"No, I mean it I'm going to tell her,"

The three boys rolled their eyes at Sirius, they walked through the crowd, James slapped all their arms when he spotted Lily with Alice ordering ice cream. He straightened his posture ruffling his hair, Lily rolled her eyes when she saw him, she smiled at Remus and Peter, she and Alice giggled when they saw that Sirius here.

"Hi, ladies, McKinnon and Aims here?" Sirius asked

"Yes, do you want Aimee for any particular reason?" Alice asked, he shook his head,

"Are you enjoying yourselves?" James asked the two girls nodded

"Lil, How long does it take to get ice cream, I could have starved to death- oh hi boys," Marlene said, walking towards them with Aimee. Sirius stood wide-eyed.

"A little much don't you think?" he said gesturing to Aimee's hair in two curly ponytails, with face paint on her cheek.

"I'm excited," she smiled at him.

He adored how cute she looked, every time he saw her there was something new that he loved about her. This time, her eyes seem to sparkle, as she smiled, Remus nudged him to stop him from staring too much. The girls were seated somewhere else to them, the boys wouldn't see them again, he grabbed Aimee's hand.

"Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to have a sleepover with me and Reg next weekend," he said, hoping nobody else heard him.

"I'm supposed to be seeing my grandmother, but I'll see what time I get home," Sirius nodded smiling at her, "I already kind of promise Reg that I'd stay over anyway,"

"That's great, I'll see you then,"

"Come on, the game is going to start soon," Marlene said, linking her arm with hers.

She hurried with Marlene to their seats Lily and Alice were already seated comfortably waiting for the game to start. Aimee and Marlene had no intention of sitting down as they would be up cheering for their team. Sirius joined the boys as they all stood waiting for the game to start.

'This is perfect Aimee might come to Grimmauld Place, that's when I'll tell her how I feel, hopefully, she feels the same too'