𝑺𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒚-𝑶𝒏𝒆

╔═══════════════╗
fourth year,
one bad hit
╚═══════════════╝

The first quidditch game of the year gave Aimee a chance to push aside all her feelings for Sirius. Because winning the game today was going to be worth it, to see the look on Potter's face when Slytherin win, would bring her so much joy. 

She hoped that her realisation about Evan wouldn't distract her. One night while she was laid in bed, she came to the realisation that while it wasn't his decision to break up with her, she didn't blame him because he and his father was doing something that her mother hadn't ever done for her. 

They were protecting her. 

"Ahh," she hit the hand that grabbed her through the curtain.

"Shit, that hurt,"

"Sirius?" she questioned, "what are you doing?"

"I wanted to say good luck today,"

"Are you wishing, Slytherin good luck?" she teased

"No, I'm wishing you good luck, Gryffindor's going to win,"

"I wouldn't be so sure about that, Reg is a pretty good seeker,"

"We'll see about that," he said, she smiled shaking her head.

"Alright Slytherins," the captain caught her attention "we had a good run last year, I'm positive we'll make it two years in a row,"

Halfway through the Quidditch Match, Gryffindor was proving to be more talented than last year, with Marlene joining the team as Beater with Sirius. The scores were close 70-80 to Gryffindor, the captain signalled Regulus to go after the Snitch.

The bludgers seem to be wilder than usual, even the beaters were struggling to keep them from hitting their teammates. Aimee had almost been hit a few times, just managing to dodge them at the last second, she reached her arm up to catch the Quaffle heading towards her when a bludge hit her broom.

Aimee spiralled down to the ground, Madam Hooch ordered a timeout, to which all the members of the Gryffindor and Slytherin stopped where they were in the air. She stood up, feeling light-headed, she dropped to the floor, Madam Hooch, gestured for someone on her team to take her to the hospital wing.

"I'll take her, Madam Hooch," Regulus said, escorting her to the hospital, she glanced up at their quidditch captain, he looked angered by the incident.

***

"Miss Burke, you have a mild concussion you'll be alright, however, I would like you to stay here overnight," she nodded, sitting up in bed. She took off her elbow and knee pads, biting her lip, she knew that Slytherin would have had to forfeit now. Sirius came from around the curtain

"You took a hit from a bludger and you're still walking," he said, in attempts to make her laugh

"Not funny, Slytherin lost didn't they?"

"Yeah, but it doesn't matter, it's not your fault," he smiled at her.

"Hi, are you alright?" Evan asked, he glanced over at Sirius, wondering why he was there. "Captain's not happy at all,"

"It's not her fault, she can't control them bludgers, if anything it's your beaters fault,"

"I know it's not her fault, our captain a bit of dick," Evan said, she nodded agreeing with him,

"I guess, I'm off the team then," she mumbled,

"Why would you be off the team?"

"We're supposed to have our own brooms, not borrowed, captain's superstition that they'll be jinxed, and mine is snapped in half," she told him,

"That's stupid, do you want to borrow mine, you can tell them, you bought it," he offered, Evan nodded his head at her so she could still play on the team.

"Then you wouldn't have a broom,"

"It doesn't matter, I'll borrow one from the broom cupboard,"

"Thank you, I think I'm going to get some rest," Aimee said,

"Hope you feel better, I'll let Reg know you're staying here tonight," Evan said, he hugged her, she smiled at him as he walked out of the Hospital Wing.

"Do you mind if I stay for a bit, got a feeling James is plotting a prank against me," she chuckled

"Sure, but I'll be sleeping," he nodded making himself comfortable in a chair next to her bed.

***

Aimee stirred in her sleep, when she opened her eyes, she saw Sirius lounged in the chair asleep, she glanced over to the clock, 3:30 am. She'd been asleep for almost 9 hours, and he had stayed, as he still had his Quidditch jumper on, he hadn't even got changed.

He looked cute as some of his hair fell in front of his eyes. 'Did I just think he was cute?' she shook her head. He seemed to be so uncomfortable, in that chair, Aimee leaned over to wake him up she almost fell out of bed, she dangled half out of bed and half on his lap.

"Aimee, what are you doing?" he groaned tiredly "get back in bed," he helped her up, he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I think slept funny," he said, cracking his neck, "that feels better,"

"Do you want to lay with me?" she asked,

"Really?"

"Yeah, I mean have before," she quickly said,

"Oh yeah, alright then," she shuffled over lifting the covers so he could get under. She underestimated how small the bed was, they were really close together, their noses almost touching.

"You're not uncomfortable are you?" he asked, leaning back a bit, "I can face the other way if you want,"

"I'm alright, I always lay on my left anyway," she said, turning over to get more comfortable.

She couldn't sleep with Sirius laid in bed with her, as her brain ran into overdrive, thinking about everything he had said, he loved her and now he was laying in bed with her. He, however, had no trouble falling asleep, she tensed up a little when he turned over in his sleep draping his arm across her waist.

At first, she was uncomfortable, even in his sleep he held her, so warmingly, the longer his arm laid there the more comfortable she was becoming. They laid together as though they fitted perfectly with each other, she didn't feel smothered by his arm over her, she felt comforted.

A tear fell from her eye, she felt safe in his arms, with her mother's growing hatred and her growing rebellion, she hadn't felt safe around her mother, in a long while.

Here now with Sirius, was the safest she felt all year.