𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑭𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒚-𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒆

╔═══════════════╗
1985,
fixing old traditions
╚═══════════════╝

4 years later

"Sirius," Regulus shouted, through the hallway "Mother's dead,"

"What?" he said, thinking he had heard wrong,

"Her obituary is the Prophet," he said handing him the paper

"Holy shit,"

"It that bad?" Aimee asked

"No hunny, it isn't I guess that means in inherit Grimmauld Place,"

"Grimmauld what?" Hadrian asked, as his younger sister pulled on her jumper

"Place, it's where I grew," he explained

"Can we go daddy please," he chuckled at Phoebe's innocence he would have never wanted to return to that place.

"I'd quite like to see it and Kreacher too," Regulus said

"Kreacher?" Laura questioned,

"He's an elf, come on, we'll show you," Regulus said, not giving Aimee or Sirius much of a choice.

They arrived on the muggle street of London, as soon as the children spotted the park they immediately wanted to go and play. Ethan raced his sister and younger cousins, many people stared as they had never seen a family with so many children in the area before.

Rhea climbed up the climbing frame, pulling Carden down, the young boy immediate got back up determined to beat his sister to the top. Aimee smiled as their children played, as soon as Rhea declared herself winner Carden pushed her.

"I'm bored, I want to watch Scooby-Doo," Rhea complained,

"Sorry Grimmauld Place doesn't have a TV-

"WHAT?" all the children yelled at Sirius

"No TV what did you do all day?" Ethan questioned

"Nothing, I was bored out of my mind as a kid,"

"Why are we going there then?" Laura asked

"Because you wanted to see Kreacher?"

"It's over there" Regulus pointed out

"I'm gonna win you," Cardan said shoving Hadrian the two boys argued all the way to the front door.

The loud noise they made at the door, caused Kreacher to answer, both the boys shrieked, they had never seen a house-elf before. They startled Kreacher, he was about to question the two boys when he noticed that they looked just like Sirius and Regulus did when they were young boys.

"Sorry Kreacher," Aimee said, holding Max and Larissa's hand.

She walked through the door after Regulus and Sirius the children suddenly went quiet as they looked around the home. Kreacher admired how much the children had grown the last time he had seen Rhea and Phoebe they weren't even three years old yet, now they were seven.

"What are you doing in my house, I told you never to come back here," a portrait shouted

"You can't talk to my daddy like that!" Rhea yelled back

"Leave it, sweetie," Sirius said, showing her away

"It? You're going to have trouble with that one I can tell,"

"That is my daughter, and don't worry I don't plan on staying," he said,

"Good, you've probably ruined the Black name anyway, at least I won't see it,"

"You know what just for that comment, I'm staying," he said, "Come on, Reg we're going to sort this place out,"

***

Aimee had taken the children to Burke Manor, her parents had been long gone, and the children loved to see old pictures. Especially Ethan, Laura and Max, they looked at pictures of their fathers Jacob and Daniel, she was waiting for Sirius and Regulus to let her know when they had finished their remodelling. Aimee found her old diary she use to keep, she opened it to a new page, taking her quill she wrote.

'4 years later,

I'm grateful for more things than I could have ever imagined but mostly for the people, who was by my side for all of it. Some people are lucky enough to have one best friend. I'm even luckier, I got two.

My grandmother always believed you should marry for love, and I did, I married one of my best friends. I love the family that we built together, he turned from a best friend to my husband.

Then there was one, my best friend, without him, I don't know how I may have coped through some of the hardships of the war. He's always been more than a friend to me, I loved him, not romantically, but platonically, I loved him, as though he was my brother.

And I couldn't be happier.'

Aimee Elizabeth Black.

She smiled as she signed off the page. "Aims we're ready," she heard Regulus' voice come from her ring

She took the children back to Grimmauld Place, as soon as they walked through the door, the dark eerie feeling had been replaced by a family-friendly feel. Sirius had replaced many portraits, with pictures of the children and their friends. The walls were a light cream colour, the curtains were of crimson red.

"It looks incredible, I hardly recognise the place,"

"It looks terrible," Walburga muttered

"Sadly, she's stuck to the wall,"

"Uncle Sirius, are we living here?" Ethan asked

"Yes, there lots of rooms upstairs, you all can have your own, so go kill each other for the best one," he said, the children ran upstairs, to pick their bedrooms

"Crap it's huge!" they laughed as they heard Rhea.

"That's charming, you know our journey started here, that summer I came to meet you," she said wrapping her arms around his waist

"You looked hideous in that pink dress,"

"And don't forget the pink bow," Regulus added

"You remember that?" she questioned

"Of course, how could I forget the day I met my darling wife, it's time a fix a few old things,"

"You mean like replacing centuries-old traditions,"

"No, more like fixing old tradition," he said, lightly pressed his lips against hers,

"Making new ones."