𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝑻𝒘𝒐

╔═══════════════╗
fourth year,
don't leave me
╚═══════════════╝

tw: Abuse (use of the Cruiciatus curse) 

As the train pulled into King's Cross Station, Aimee hoped to see Sirius one last time before heading home with her mother, and to her surprise, her mother was late getting to the station. She hurried to find him before he left with Regulus, she managed to catch him just in time.

"Hey," She wrapped her arms around his neck, "I'm going to miss you,"

"Me too, you'll write to me if something happens won't you?"

"Of course, I promise," he hugged her tightly, not wanting to let her go, "My mother will be here soon," she kissed his cheek, "see you soon, I love you,"

She turned walking slowly to her mother, her eyes widened when she realised what she said. She waited for her mother to drag her off the platform, this time was the most daunting trip home she ever had, her mother never uttered a word to her.

As they arrived home, there was an awful pit building in Aimee's stomach her father wasn't home. The second the door closed behind them, Elizabeth backhand collided with her face, she cupped her cheek as she backed away from her.

"Care to explain this!" she yelled tossing the photographs on the floor, there were a lot more than she originally thought.

"I-

"Before you even think of lying to me," she held her wand under Aimee's chin, noticing a faint bruise on her neck. She grabbed her hair, pulling her head back, to get a close look, "You let that filthy blood traitor mark you,"

"Don't call him that," she yelled back

"Do I need to remind you who you are?" she pressed the tip of her wand against her throat "You are above that a mudbloods and blood traitors," tears welled up in her eyes, she shook her head, "I don't believe you know who you are,"

"I know who I am-

"Crucio!"

As a jolting shock of pain rushed through her body, she screamed as she lay on the ground thrashing around in pain. As blood dripped for her ear only then did her mother stop the curse, leaving her laying there. She looked at a photo of Sirius swinging her around by the lake, a tear rolled down her face, she could hardly move, her eyes fell heavy slowly shutting.

"Aimee!"

She heard faintly calling her name, her eyes fell shut, as her world spun around her, she was laid on the fresh green grass, she turned her head to see Sirius laying next to her. Smiling up at the sky, he turned to face her, the blazing sun, heating up her skin, she leaned in to kiss her, before their lips touched the heat from the sun became too much bare burning her, she screamed out.

"Aimee!" her eyes snapped opened snapping her back to her reality she screamed shuffling back towards the wall,

"You're alright," her father held her close to him, "what happened?"

"Mother, she ahh, my head," she clutched her head, 

Her father looked stern as though he knew what the signs were pointing to, he picked her up, carrying her to her bedroom. He laid her on her bed, as he left for his office, fumbling through his drawers searching for a small vial.

"DAD! DON'T LEAVE ME!" she screamed, as Thomas hurried back to her room.

"I'm not leaving you, sweetheart, here drink this, it'll help you calm down," she took the potion without question, her eyes fell heavy as she drifted to sleep, he lightly stroked her head, even though she had fallen asleep, he stayed with her all night.

In the days following her mother's torture, her body was still fragile. She stood in front of her mirror, her eyes welled with tears as she tried to cover up her bruises as much as she could. What made things worse with her mother, Walburga had invited both Aimee and her parents to Grimmauld Place for dinner.

While Aimee was weakened by her mother's extreme use of the unforgivable curse, they had come to many physical fights. Thomas had been there to prevent most of them, he had cancelled all his business trips to keep a close watch on his wife.

The atmosphere in the Burke household had become unbearable she had thought many times of running away, though she never quite had the courage to go through with it. She heard a knock at her door, she turned over in her bed to appear as though she was sleeping.

"Aimee, are you awake?" she turned over when she realised it was her father.

"I'm not coming downstairs, not while she's still here-

"I'm not here to tell you to come downstairs," he said, closing her door behind him "I've spoken to your brother's they want you to go and stay with them, and so do I," she sat up.

"I've already told you, I don't want to-

"Wouldn't Sirius want you to be safe?"

"How did you know?" she asked

"I saw the pictures," she looked down at her lap, sniffing up, "That reminds me, we're going to Grimmauld Place with you," she sighed, rolling over on her bed, "come on, get ready sweetheart,"

"Dad, if I do go, will I still get to see you," she asked, he nodded,

"Of course, you will, when we go to Grimmauld, ask to see Regulus,"

"Okay, but why?" he took her photo album from under her bed, he flipped through the pages stopping on a photo of her and Sirius.

"So you can see him," he handed her the book, she smiled as she remembered the day the picture was taken. Thomas smiled seeing Aimee smile for the first time since she had returned home.