𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝑭𝒊𝒗𝒆

╔═══════════════╗
second year,
burke legacy
╚═══════════════╝

After a successful trip to Hogsmead had to document the experience in her book. She never called it her diary as she only wrote the things that struck her as odd or strange. Such as her brother's return to England, as excited as she was, Aimee was most curious to know their reasoning for leaving especially when Theo and Jacob were going to begin their exams.

She wrote all the weird interactions she had seen between Lucius and Narcissa, wondering what had exactly happened for them to be so hostile towards each other. She wrote about Aberforth Dumbledore and Inn that he owned, curious to know why he was distant with his brother. As Albus Dumbledore was considered by many to be the most powerful wizard of all time, very few spoke ill of the professor.

Aimee walked through the library returning books, she spotted an unfamiliar figure in the library. She snuck around the aisles of bookcases, she crept up behind them, she looked over their shoulder 'Werewolves? We aren't learning about them yet?'

"What you reading?"

"Holy shit," Sirius exclaimed, almost dropping the book on the table.

"I'm sorry," she smiled holding back her laughter.

"It's alright, didn't know you here," she creased her brows, he always knew when she was sneaking upon him.

"Everything's okay." she said, "Right?"

"Yes, just distracted that's all," he closed the book turn the cover face down on the table

"You positive, you can talk to me-

"Thanks, I really am fine, I should get going I promised Peter I'd help him with something,"

"Okay," she said, he left abruptly the second she spoke

She changed her books before heading to Dueling Club, she had made arrangements with Dorcas. As she had no one to go with and Dorcas had been wanting to go all year. Aimee couldn't shake her anxiety of making a fool of herself on the duelling stage, as much as Dorcas wanted her to participate with her, she hoped that she didn't stumble on her words.

As they entered the club room there were two wizards in the middle of a duel, both extremely talented, though she and Dorcas couldn't see them over the crowd. Dorcas hurried to write their names down to duel next, Aimee listened to the spells being cast they were older students using spells that she and Meadowes hadn't begun to learn yet.

"They're good aren't they," Dorcas said, standing beside her

"Yes, I'd love to know who they are," she said,

"AND ANOTHER GOOD SHOW FROM THEODORE BURKE AND JACOB BURKE!" the professor who was observing the duel announced

"You're brother's are really good," Dorcas commented she waited until they came down to confront them.

"Hey," she said, catching their attention, "that was quite a performance,"

"Yeah, well we thought we could use the practice," Theo said

"Practise for what?" she questioned

"You know, could run into a bad person," Jacob said, she nodded,

"NEXT UP IS DORCAS MEADOWES AND AIMEE BURKE, COME ON UP LADIES,"

"No way you're duelling,"

"Yeah care to stay," she said, they pushed themselves to the front to have a full view of the duel.

The two brothers watched their sister, as she prepared for her first duel, they were going to analyse her performance. Then give her tips either on her stance or striking pose, they were surprised by her talent, for her first time her incantations were spoken clear and fast. Perfect if she ever found herself in a real duel, her friend was proving to be very talented herself.

"BRILLIANT FIRST TIME PERFORMANCE, WE HOPE TO SEE YOU AGAIN SOON,"

"That was amazing thanks for coming with me," Dorcas said, hugging her tightly.

"Well, the Burke legacy lives on then," Theo commented

"What do you mean?" she asked, leaving the club with Theo and Jacob

"Our family has quite a history of talented duellist" Theo explained

"The Burke side does, can't recall Carrow's being agile enough," Jacob further explained.

"Yes, I'd love to take Amycus on in a duel,"

"You'll get your own back on him," Theo said, draping his shoulder over her shoulder as the three of them headed back to their common room.

***

As night fell, she just finished the final page of the book she was currently reading. She smiled closing the book she sighed holding it against her chest, she gazed outside the stars were brighter tonight. They lit up the night sky perfectly, tonight would be the perfect night for an astronomy class, she was certain that there wasn't a class tonight.

Aimee hurried to her room to place her book down on the bed as she raced out of the common room, she listened for any prefect coming down the hallway. She was thoroughly surprised that she managed to make it to the astronomy tower without being seen, she walked up the stairs expecting to be alone, she gasped as she spotted Sirius.

"Oh, I didn't think anyone would be here," she quickly spoke, he smiled at her turning back to look at the stars "I can leave if you'd rather be alone,"

"No, it's fine," he shuffled down the bench patting the space next to him for her to sit down

"Are you sure, you're alright?"

"Yeah, why'd you ask?"

"You're quiet and not making jokes," she said

"I'm just thinking about a few things I had an argument with Remus,"

"Really," she questioned, knowing just how close the four boys were "What about?"

"Nothing, he'll be going home again, in just over a week,"

"How do you know that?" Sirius rolled his eyes,

"Don't you find it odd that every month, he returns home for one night to see his mother,"

"No, his mother is a muggle right?" Sirius nodded "maybe she has a muggle illness we aren't familiar with, it could flare up every month we don't know,"

"I guess you could be right, I don't know anything about muggle illness,"

"Exactly," she shivered as a chilly breeze blew through the tower, Sirius put his arm around her rubbing her arm to warm her up. "Thank you, I think you should apologise to Remus,"

"I know," she leaned her head on his shoulder, he smiled resting his head on hers, she snuggled closer to him, wrapping her arms around.

"How are you so warm?" she questioned

"Heating charm, watch," he held the corner of her robe, casting the charm onto her robe, her entire body warmed up, she sighed.

"Thank you," she looked up at the sky, "beautiful aren't they,"

He hummed as they sat together gazing up at the stars, Sirius flicked his eyes over to her, he could see the stars reflected in her blue eyes. 'she had eyes like sapphires' rich and beautiful. She looked at the stars as though they were her whole world, little did he know that she had grown to care a lot for him and Regulus. 

Her two stars.