𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

╔═══════════════╗
Autum 1979,
the white dog
╚═══════════════╝

Order of the Phoenix and Death Eater casualties

Death Eater now identified as Regulus Arcturus Black has been pronounced dead along with Order of the Phoenix member Aimee Elizabeth Burke. As of this moment, there are no details as to the alliances or who might have changed their allegiance, Mrs Walburga Black is devastated at the news of her son's death, just three months after the death of her husband. Orion Black.

A dreadful time indeed for the Black family, Narcissa Malfoy is said to grieve the loss of her cousin deeply. No word has been spoken from the Burke family in regards to Aimee Burke's death. We can only hope that both families are doing well in these harsh times.

"How is he?" Lily asked James as he entered the kitchen

"He's a mess, he's been trying to find any proof that the Daily Prophet is wrong," he, along with many other members of the order became quiet, as someone entered the room.

"You don't have to stop talking because I've entered the room," Sirius said, feeling fit enough to get back to his assignments.

"No one would blame you if you want to sit a few out,"

"Thanks, Pete, I celebrated my birthday yesterday without my brother or the love of my life," he said, drawing everyone's attention "if I stay at home any longer, I'm going to lose my mind,"

"Alright, well we need ingredients for a polyjuice potion if you want to nip to Diagon Alley," Marlene suggested, Remus offered to go with him.

"If it'll get me out there, then I'll take it," an owl flew through the window dropping a letter at Sirius' feet, he opened the letter.

Dear Sirius,

We hope you're doing well, when we lost Charlie it killed us. We understand if you need space to grieve your brother. We know how much our sister meant to you, it hasn't fully sunk in that she's gone, you should know we saw our grandmother with the children. She's searching for proof that they're dead, she has witnessed everything that has happened to our family, she saw Charlie's death and therefore doesn't believe Aimee is dead, she would have seen it.

Just know though that we're here if you need us,

From,
Theo, Jake and Danny.

"Aimee's grandmother doesn't believe she's dead,"

"How if Aimee wasn't dead she would have shown her face in the last two months,"

"James, you aren't helping," Lily said, she smiled at Sirius, "seer's don't see everything, Sirius"

"Yes, Lil, I know that I'm not stupid,"

"I don't want you to get your hopes up, just to be crushed again,"

"Come on, the sooner we get to Diagon Alley the sooner we can get back," Remus said, gesturing for Sirius to walk ahead of him.

As the pair arrived in Diagon Alley, Remus could tell that Sirius wasn't fit enough to take on a real mission yet. While he was physically fit, he wasn't mentally there. He hadn't even questioned going to see his daughters, not once. Remus knew this wasn't the kind of task he was hoping for.

However, with his mind not totally stable, he would have been a major threat to himself, if he acted irrationally, in a dangerous situation. As Remus entered the apothecary to gather the ingredients they need, Sirius waited outside, his eyes were drawn to a dark-haired man with a white dog, almost identical to Aimee's animagi form.

"Aimee!" he shouted, for a second he could have sworn the dog's ears flicked back, as he walked towards the pair, the crowded street prevented him from getting closer to them.

"Sirius," Remus hurried over to him

"She's over there Moony, I saw her," Remus turned around to see the same man Sirius saw with a white dog.

"It isn't Aimee, look," he said, Sirius focused more on the dog, it was more playful, jumping up playfully at its owner, and walking on a leash.

"You're right, they're dead," he said flatly with little emotion, "I have to accept that,"

"You have every right to grieve, Regulus was your brother, you grew up together, everyone knows how much Aimee meant to you, it's only natural that you grieve, it shows you loved them," Sirius nodded, Remus patted him on his back,

"I just don't want to be dragging myself around, I need to do something, get out there you know distract myself,"

"Yeah, and we agree that's a great idea, just not with dangerous missions,"

"Rem-

"I mean what would Rhea and Phoebe do if you didn't come home, they'd be orphaned, do you want to do that to them,"

"No, I still can't see them yet,"

"I understand, we're here to help," he smiled a little, "I'll even stay over so you aren't alone,"

He nodded, they returned home, Sirius looked around his house, dust-covered every table and shelf. While he retreated upstairs, Remus tidied around the living room, he found Aimee's photo album, he flipped through the book, smiling at the photos of everyone at school, his smile fell when he came to a photo of him and her.

His eyes flicked up as he could hear Sirius' cries as he sat in his bedroom, surrounded by everything that reminded him of her. He described Aimee as the love of his life, and Remus believe she was. Sirius adored her with all his heart, he just hoped that he could find something to keep his mind busy.