𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑭𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

╔═══════════════╗
seventh year,
graduation
╚═══════════════╝

With just a few hours before their final exams. She and Sirius sat at a table in the Three Broomsticks. He thought it would be a good idea to treat Aimee to dinner before they had to sit through their exams, she was having some weird cravings, he wanted to try them, to see if it was just a pregnancy thing or if it actually tasted nice.

"Macaroni and Cheese, with a side of Chocolate sauce and Peanut butter," Madam Rosmerta said setting the plate on the table in front of her.

"Thank you," she said, rubbing her hands together

"Okay, so what are you doing with the chocolate and peanut butter,"

"Put it on top, of course," she said, as though it was obvious

"Alright let me have a bit," he took a fork, trying to think of what this could possibly taste like. Aimee meanwhile already dug into the meal, he ate the strange combination.

"What you think?" she said with her mouth full,

"It's good, I didn't think it would be, but it's really good," he took another bite

"Hey! Get your own," she said, "I'm eating for three,"

"It'll look weird if order this," he commented, she chuckled

"We still don't have a lot of the things we need, I worried we aren't going to have the time-

"I told you we're going to be okay," Sirius assured her,

Once they were finished they had about an hour before their exams, instead of heading back to Hogwarts right away. Sirius took her to Gladrags Wizard Wear, a small clothing store in Hogsmeade, he told her to stay in the doorway, he hurried around grabbing anything he thought they might need.

"Look, baby blankets, bibs, small teddy bears, there isn't a lot here, at least it's something," she smiled at him, taking one of the baby blankets,

"So small," she mumbled,

"We'll make time to get everything, this is just a start," Sirius smiled at her, she insisted they bought the blanket and bibs, and teddy bears, they were gender-neutral, as they still weren't sure if they wanted to know their babies genders.

***

During their exams, Aimee's stress levels were sky-high so much so that the babies were constantly kicking her. She managed to focus on her exams, she just kept rubbing circles on her stomach. All she had in mind was that in just two weeks it would be graduation, then she and Sirius would be home preparing for their babies.

After many dragging hours, and a stressful few days, the time had come for their final exam. Aimee was sure she had done her best, she was just a little nervous about going home, at least while they were here she had her friends to count on. She feared that she wouldn't see her friends as often, once she had the babies.

"Quills down," Professor McGonagall said, all the papers flew to the front of the great hall.

That was it, her last ever exam. In just a couple of weeks, it would be the last time standing in the Great Hall. She stood in deep thought of what her future would look like, the next few months were going to be scary for sure, however, the support she received from her friends and Sirius were more than assuring that she would be just fine.

***

The last two weeks were filled with fun, Sirius and James planned a double date for Lily and Aimee, a picnic by the lake. In the summer heat, while Aimee wasn't sure about sitting in the sun all day, Sirius would keep casting cooling charms to keep her from overheating.

Once graduation day arrived, Aimee loved that her brothers came to watch her graduate, she spotted all the proud parents, Fleamont and Euphemia looked so proud of their son and Sirius too. She saw the McKinnon's along with the Lupin's and the Evans' and many others.

She could hear her nephew in the crowd, she smiled as she waited for her name to be called. Sirius' name was called before hers, she saw how proud The Potter's were of him, she envied Sirius, he had parents in Fleamont and Euphemia, they treated him just as they would treat James.

"Aimee Elizabeth Burke," Professor McGonagall said, handing her a certificate of completion from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Aimee walked over to her brothers who embraced her, Ethan wanted to be lifted up, though she couldn't lift him. She sat with him, then she spotted the small baby in Jacob's arms, she quickly hurried over to take a look, at her niece. She looked just like her mother, she had Laura's eyes and red hair.

"She's beautiful, can I hold her?"

"Of course, that's why I brought her," Jacob handed her baby Laura.

"Hi, little one," she cooed at the small baby. "Where's Ethan?" she asked noticing he wasn't standing with them

"Ethan," Jacob looked around, spotting him holding Sirius' hand while he spoke with The Potters. "Aimee look," she turned around to see Ethan holding his hand, he lifted him up sitting him on his hip, while he talked to Fleamont.

"He's going to be a great father," Theo said, wrapping his arm around Aimee, she smiled as she watched him with her nephew, Ethan loved Sirius, wanted to be around him all the time.

Aimee was thankful that they had babysat him so often it's somewhat prepared them for their own children. Baby Laura was only three months old, Sirius walked over to them with Ethan. He smiled at her, Ethan pointed at the baby telling him that she was his baby sister.

"I know she's your little sister," he said, "you'll have some cousins soon," Ethan cheered clapping his hand.

"Yay!"