𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝑺𝒊𝒙

╔═══════════════╗
autumn 1979,
regulus black and 
the horcrux
╚═══════════════╝

The nights were only lonely when Sirius had been assigned a few missions, some weren't too difficult and he would come back without a scratch on him. However, missions like that one had been recently assigned to him, she stayed awake throughout the night, only sleeping when Lily gave her a sleeping draught.

"Aimee you need to sleep," Lily said, sitting with her, "them four boys have gotten into more trouble than we could imagine, while ever they have each other they'll be fine,"

"I know, I think I'm just worrying because there's nothing to distract me,"

"Why don't you bring the girls home,"

"We've talked about it, and we can't do that to them," she sighed, holding Lily's hand, "You should see how happy they are at Grammy's they can play all day, they have their cousins there with them it's got to be better than watching me and their dad worrying and fighting,"

"Fighting, I thought you and Sirius were fine,"

"I didn't want him to go on this mission, I know his cousin is supposed to be there and she's ruthless, she wouldn't hesitate to kill him," she looked down at her lap, "If he died tonight, the last thing we said to each other would have been an argument-

A loud noise from outside drew the two women to reach for the wands they hurried outside, rushing to the four figures in the distance. Lily wrapped her arms around James and Remus, they were both fine, just a few cuts and bruises. Aimee halted her stride as she noticed Peter was holding Sirius up, she rushed over to them.

"Sirius," she cupped his face, lifting his head up to look at her, "Sirius," eyes flickered open, a small smile appeared on his face.

"I'm sorry,"

"What?" she questioned

"I shouldn't have yelled at you-

"Don't it's forgotten, I'm just glad you're home,"

***

Sirius had been on strict orders to rest, while his injury wasn't anything that a potion couldn't fix. Dumbledore insisted that he stayed at home until he had fully recovered, Peter had been staying with them to help around the house, and keep Sirius up to date on Dumbledore's orders.

Aimee was going through the post, she had another letter from her grandmother, Amelia had successfully managed a night with no children waking up. She smiled as she read through the letter, she took the letter over to Sirius, it then dawn on her that she hadn't heard anything from Regulus in a while, no letter or call on their rings.

She understood that he may not have been given a chance to contact her, however, she was worried about what might have been happening back at Grimmauld Place. While Sirius read over the letter, Aimee gestured for Peter to go to the kitchen with her.

"Would you be able to stay with Sirius a little while," she asked

"Erm sure, yeah, where are you going?"

"I just a little worried about Regulus, I'm just going to check him, I shouldn't be too long,"

"Yeah, I'm sure Sirius can look after himself, but I will stay with him,"

"Thank you," she hugged Peter, smiling at him as she walked into the living room to say her goodbyes to Sirius, "I'm going to see Reg, I won't be long I promise," he nodded, she leaned down to kiss him, "I love you,"