Chapter 9

After the battle, the two padawans were met with the Queen and Captain Panaka. They saw Qui-Gon's body, and the Queen got some of her guards to help carry him away and to the Jedi that were on their way.

The Queen stood before the Viceroy of the Trade Federation with the Jedi, Captain Panaka, and a battalion of guards around them.

"Now, Viceroy, you're going to have to go back to the Senate and explain all this." Queen Amidala said.

Captain Panaka stepped forward and said "I think you can kiss your trade franchise good-bye".

He led them away with guards following them close behind. The new Chancellor's ship had just arrived with the Jedi, so (Y/n) and Obi-Wan walked forward and bowed, Anakin close behind them. Palpatine, who had just been elected as the new Supreme Chancellor, looked at the two padawans.

"We are indebted to your bravery, Obi-Wan Kenobi and (Y/n) Galad." he then looked at Anakin and said, "And you, young Skywalker. We will watch your career with great interest". He walked past them and pat Anakin on the shoulder, moving to speak to the Queen. (Y/n) and Obi-Wan stayed back with the Jedi, who had just exited the ship. Anakin stayed by Obi-Wan's side.

"Congratulations on your election, Chancellor" Queen Amidala said, smiling.

"Your boldness has saved our people, Your Majesty. It's you who should be congratulated" The Chancellor said. "Together we shall bring peace and prosperity to the Republic."

They all entered the palace, and Master Yoda requested to speak to the two padawans in private, so they found an empty room. (Y/n) and Obi-Wan kneeled down before the smaller Jedi as he spoke. Apparently, they had defeated the first Sith to be seen in years, and it was no small feat.

"Confer on you the level of Jedi Knight the Council does." Yoda told them, but he then looked to Obi-Wan and said "But agree with your taking this boy as your Padawan learner, I do not"

"Qui-Gon believed in him" Obi-Wan spoke up, and Yoda sighed.

"The chosen one the boy may be. Nevertheless, grave danger I fear in his training."

"Master Yoda, I gave Qui-Gon my word. I will train Anakin." Obi-Wan stated, and Yoda grumbled. "Without the approval of the council, if I must."

"Qui-Gon's defiance I sense in you. Need that you do not." Yoda sighed "Agree with you the Council does. Your apprentice Skywalker will be."

Obi-Wan bowed his head, and (Y/n) followed. Their Padawan Braids were removed, and the two stood up now as Jedi Knights.

~~~~~~~~~~

Many gathered around the burning body of Qui-Gon Jinn at his funeral. The Jedi all had their hoods up, solemn looks on their faces. (Y/n) controlled herself, trying not to cry, but she could feel the sadness radiating from Obi-Wan beside her. She put her hand down next to his, not yet grabbing it, but touching just enough to let him know she was here for him.

Obi-Wan looked to Anakin, who said "What will happen to me now?"

"The Council have granted me permission to train you. You will be a Jedi, I promise" Obi-Wan told the young boy, and they both looked back at Qui-Gon.

In the quiet of the funeral, (Y/n) could hear the conversation between Master Windu and Master Yoda.

"There's no doubt the mysterious warrior was a Sith." Windu said.

"Mmm. Always two there are. No more, no less. A master, and an apprentice." Yoda added.

"But which was destroyed? The master or the apprentice?" Windu questioned, and it hung in the air.

(Y/n)'s eyes turned to look at Obi-Wan, and he looked back at her. She gave him a small comforting smile, the tears in her eyes giving away her emotions. This time, he fully grabbed her hand, unable to be seen from others, but the only two that needed to know looked back at the fire, hands clasped together.

~~~~~~~~~~

The next day was one of celebration, as the people of Theed gathered in front of the palace. A parade of Gungans strolled through, playing festive music. Shuttles flew above them, and confetti rained down from the sky. Jar Jar and General Tarpals rode on animals signifying their part in the battle, and the Boss rode on an extravagantly decorated animal as they walked down the courtyard to where Queen Amidala was waiting. On her left was the Chancellor, and on her right was the Governor, Obi-Wan, Anakin, (Y/n) and R2-D2. Governor Bibble was holding an orb which seemed to be filled with light.

Obi-Wan looked down at Anakin, who now had shorter spiked hair and a small Padawan braid, along with his Jedi robes.

The Boss and the Generals hopped off their animals, given Jar Jar had some struggle. They made their way up the stairs to the Queen who walked forward to greet them. She took the glowing orb from Governor Bibble, and offered it to the Boss. He took it in his hands, turned to the crowds, and lifted it in the air.

"Peace!" he cried, and the crowds cheered at the newly founded peace between the Gungans and the Naboo. (Y/n) looked at Obi-Wan, who smiled at her, and she smiled back, before looking back at the crowds of people.