Chapter 23

Sleep was rarely gotten in theses days of the war. The Jedi were always on missions, trying to stop General Grievous and his army. Thankfully, (Y/n) managed to go a couple days without missions. The Council had seen how battle weary the elf had gotten, and allowed her a few days unless absolutely necessary.

She found that as long as she slept with the Evenstar around her neck, she would have dreams of... him. However, even without the Evenstar, she would sometimes get visions of other things. She wasn't sure what they were, but she vaguely recalled anger, fear, and suffering. Someone she knew...

***************

"You turned her against me!!"

"You have done that yourself."

***************

"Obi-Wan... she's slipping away. I can feel it."

"She's dying?"

***************

Again, (Y/n) awoke in the middle of the night on Coruscant. She was always alone, wanting for Obi-Wan's touch. He could always make her feel better, even if he didn't feel as she did, his presence was always soothing. She grabbed her thin white robe and wrapped it around herself. Looking at the Evenstar that sat on the nightstand, she put it on. She made herself a small cup of tea and looked out her window.

Thinking about her dream, she wondered if that one was true. (Y/n) was beginning to believe that most of her dreams were not true, and simply her overactive imagination and her intense feelings giving her false hope.

The lights of Coruscant lit up her eyes as she watched the ships fly by, wondering if one of them held Obi-Wan. He was out on another mission, but he should've been back by now. She thought back to when he left for this particular mission.

(Flashback)

(Y/n) heard a knock on her door as she read her book. Marking her page, she got up, expecting it to be Rohan, but was surprised when the face of Obi-Wan Kenobi appeared in front of her.

"Obi-Wan! What are you doing here?" (Y/n) aske, surprised.

"I came to say bye. I'm being sent on another mission tomorrow, and I just want to... you know, say bye." he stuttered a bit. (Y/n) was confused. He was usually so confident.

"I'm getting the sense there is something else. Obi-Wan, what is it?" (Y/n) asked.

"Well, this is a particularly long mission, and we might not see one another for some time." Obi-Wan said.

(Y/n) realized, looking down the hallways to make sure no one was there. She pulled him into a passionate hug. Obi-Wan was a little shocked, but hugged back immediately. He took in her scent, remembering it. Lily. The sweet scent was intoxicating to him. He pulled back so as to not get stuck in this fever dream he found himself in.

He kissed her forehead and pulled back walking out of the door before he did something he could possibly regret.

(End of flashback)

Of course, (Y/n) didn't think to read his emotions. She was too overcome with not being able to see him for so long. Usually, the Council put them together on missions, for they always got things done together. But this time, it was a solo mission, and Obi was required to go alone.

"Come on, (Y/n). Stop thinking about him! Attachments are forbidden... attachments are forbidden.. attachments.. are..." she tried to keep repeating it to herself, but her heart overpowered her mind. Sometimes, being an elf in love was a burden to bear.

She sipped her tea and watched the sun rise in the distance, a stray tear falling down her cheek. Wiping it away, she grabbed her book and tried to read, but her mind kept wandering back to Obi-Wan.  No matter the amount of self-scolding, her mind kept showing his face in her mind's eye.

After an hour of trying to read, a knock at her door quieted her mind, only for a moment. Just like last time, she marked her spot in her book, and went to open the door. A smile grew on her face when she saw it was Obi-Wan Kenobi standing there.

"Obi! You're back!" she said, and hugged him tightly. He laughed at the sudden impact, but hugged her back nonetheless.

"How have things been here? All quiet?" he asked, pulling back.

"Nothing much has been going on around Coruscant, but I did hear we captured Viceroy Gunray." (Y/n) said, her hands resting on his upper arms while his hands were on her waist, his touch burning her skin beneath.

"Unfortunately, I heard that Captain Argyus aided in his escape, orchestrated by Asajj Ventress. He escaped, but took a Republic ship. Master Fisto is tracking him as we speak." Obi-Wan informed.

"Well, I hope we get him back. He could hold vital information about the Separatists."

"Come on, enough war talk. How have you been?" Obi-Wan asked. It was only then that they both realized (Y/n) was only in her short nightgown and her thin robe. She cleared her throat to distract from his touch and pulled away, letting him go.

"I-I've been fine. A few days of resting really helps." she said, stepping back.

Obi-Wan nodded and looked down at the Evenstar hanging loosely around her neck. Once again, he felt a pull towards it, just like when him and (Y/n) were searching for Jango Fett. It was an indescribable need to be closer to her that fueled the Evenstar's grasp on him. His mind was ensnared with thoughts of her, wanting, needing, desperately hoping that she wouldn't pull away if he kissed her.

"That's-That's good." he stuttered, snapping out of his thoughts. "The Council told me, however, that we should soon be sent on another mission."

"Oh, well, these few days had to end at some point. My padawan has gotten used to the confinements of her room." (Y/n) said, laughing. Force, how he loved that laugh.

Obi-Wan had been trying to deny what he'd been feeling for so long. But the pure energy that radiated from the elf in front of him was hard not to fall for. She sparkled in the light of the rising sun, her (e/c) orbs shimmering with radiance. He had studied her language in his free time for a little bit, and found her surname to mean "glittering" or "radiance". No name could have suited her better.

"Well, um, I should get back to my room. It's been a-a stressful few rotations." Obi-Wan said, trying to resist his urges.

"Of course, Obi. Go sleep, you deserve it." (Y/n) said, smiling up at him.

"As you wish..." Obi-Wan nodded and walked out the door, saying bye to her for now. She closed her door and leaned up against the back of it, biting her lip. Force, if he had been reading her thoughts, she would've been in deep trouble.

The elves have a god, Valar, which is the elven version of the Maker. (Y/n) knew that the Valar wanted her to be with Obi-Wan, that she was destined to fall deeply in love with him, and only him. No one else in the universe could make her feel the way Obi-Wan did.

"Damnit." she muttered, collapsing back onto her bed face first. She sighed into her pillow, wondering when this torture would end.

~~~~~~~~~~

After a few days, (Y/n) got word that Anakin was in pursuit of Count Dooku, attempting to capture him.  Unfortunately, two days later, she heard that Anakin was missing. The Council assigned (Y/n) and Obi-Wan to go to his last known location to find the reckless Jedi.