Chapter 55

(Y/n) and Obi-Wan parked their shuttle outside of Padmé's home near the veranda. They had picked up R3 on their way out of the Temple, and he was determined to keep (Y/n) and her baby safe from any danger. He sat in the droids seat of their ship. They shut down their ship, and climbed out, walking onto the platform. The gold body of C-3PO was there to meet them.

"Hello, might I help you... Oh, it's you, Master Kenobi. And Master Galad as well. Come in, quickly." he said, ushering them inside.

"Has Anakin been here?" (Y/n) asked the droid.

"Yes, right after the attack on the Jedi Temple." he answered, but footsteps cut him off. The Jedi turned to see Padmé coming down the stairs from her room, dressed in a very loose robe. 3PO left when she walked in and saw her two friends.

"Master Kenobi. Master Galad." she exclaimed, and embraced the two of them. "Oh, thank goodness you both are alive. (Y/n), are you all right? The baby, are they too?"

"I'm fine, Padmé. We both are." the elf answered, putting a hand over her stomach.

"The Republic has fallen. Padme. The Jedi Order is no more." Obi-Wan told her, and her eyes were cast down to the ground in disappointment.

"I know, it's hard to believe everything to which we've dedicated our lives is gone." she said solemnly.

"I believe we have been part of a plot hundreds of years in the making."

"The Senate is still intact, there is some hope." Padmé said, trying to lift their spirits. But it was in vain.

"No. Padme... It's over..." (Y/n) stated. "The Sith now rule the galaxy as they did before the Republic."

"The Sith!?" she exclaimed, shocked.

"We're here looking for Anakin... when was the last time you saw him?" Obi-Wan asked, quickly getting to the real reason they were there.

"Yesterday." Padmé answered, walking towards her couch.

"And do you know where he is now?"

"No." she answered, a little too quickly. (Y/n) sensed there was more than what she was telling them.

"Padmé, we need your help." she told her friend. "He is in grave danger."

"From the Sith?"

"From himself." Obi-Wan stated. "Padmé, Anakin has turned to the Dark Side."

Padmé drew back from the Jedi in front of her and spat, "You're wrong! How could you even say that?"

Obi-Wan stepped away as he said, "We have seen a-a security hologram... of him... killing younglings." He covered his mouth at the horror of his statement.

"Not Anakin! He couldn't!" Padmé tried, unbelieving of what she was hearing.

"He was deceived by a lie. We all were." Obi-Wan said, turning back to her. He glanced to (Y/n), and she nodded for him to continue. "It appears that the Chancellor is behind everything, including the war. Palpatine is the Sith Lord we've been looking for. After the death of Count Dooku, Anakin became his new apprentice."

Padmé was horrified, and turned away from Obi-Wan. "I don't believe you. I can't..." She sat down on her couch, and revealed her very pregnant stomach to the Jedi. (Y/n) apparently wasn't the only one, and by the looks of it, Padmé was due any day now.

Obi-Wan joined her on the couch, looking up at (Y/n). They both saw that Padmé was going to have a baby, and (Y/n) knew that she and Anakin were married. This child was Anakin's. "Padmé..." Obi started, "I must find him."