Chapter 30

Soon after Rohan was knighted, the Jedi Council allowed for (Y/n) to be granted the rank of Jedi Master, and allowed a seat on the Jedi Council. She was honored, and accepted the rank and seat. Being a part of the Council was truly something that (Y/n) had hoped would happen.

Now, (Y/n) went on more and more missions than ever. She had heard of the attempt to retake Geonosis from the Separatists, and heard that Obi-Wan had gotten injured. The elf worried for him greatly, although hid it in the presence of the Council she was now supposed to remain loyal to.

The Republic had gotten information that the neutral system of Mandalore was secretly building an army to aid the Separatists in their battle against the Republic. The Jedi Council appointed Obi-Wan and (Y/n) to find out if this rumor was true.

"Obi-Wan, you know the Duchess Satine well. Go to her and find out the truth of this Mandalore plot." Master Windu said. Obi-Wan nodded his head, and yet, (Y/n) could sense some tension in him. What was that about?

"(Y/n), accompany Obi-Wan, you will." Master Yoda said.

"Of course, Master Yoda. We'll figure out what is going on in Mandalore." (Y/n) said.

"Good. Find out the truth, we must. Call this meeting adjourned, I do." Yoda finished, and the Jedi Masters disbanded from the council room.

"Well, Obi-Wan, another mission." (Y/n) said as they walked. Obi-Wan didn't respond. He seemed... distracted. His mind was elsewhere. "Obi-Wan? Are-Are you alright?"

"Hm?" Obi-Wan's head now turned to the elf, who looked into his eyes with worry. "Yes. Yes, of course I'm fine. Just tired is all."

"Okay...?" (Y/n) said, but it came out as more of a question than acceptance.

"Well, we best get our things together, shall we?" he claimed, and walked off.

(Y/n) watched his retreating figure in curiosity. What was going on inside his mind? She gripped onto the Evenstar that always hung around her neck, finding comfort in its familiarity.

Once she reached her room, R3 was waiting for her, as he always was. He beeped and whistled out his questions and concerns, which (Y/n) always loved about the droid. He always made sure she was the best she could be.

Are you going on another mission? Can I come?

"Yes R3, I'm being sent on another mission. You can accompany me aboard the ship me and Obi-Wan are taking." (Y/n) said.

Obi-Wan? He's coming too?

"Obi-Wan will be accompanying us, yes. We are going to Mandalore." (Y/n) said as she finished packing up her bag.

Oh, cool! Mandalore!

(Y/n) laughed at the droid and walked out of her room towards the hangar, the blue and black droid closely following behind. She saw Obi-Wan waiting by one of the ships loading his bag into the cockpit. R3 raced forward and greeted the other Jedi, Obi-Wan smiling at the droid.

"I see R3 will be joining us?" Obi-Wan inquired as (Y/n) approached.

"Well, of course, Obi. What kind of adventure would it be without my favorite droid?" she said as R3 loaded himself up in the droid's seat, beeping his approval of her statement.

"We best be going. We need to get there as soon as possible." Obi-Wan stated. (Y/n) nodded, and the two climbed into their ship. Once they took off and reached the hyperspace ring, they were on their way.

~~~~~~~~~~

The ship came out of lightspeed as they approach the desert-like planet of Mandalore. It was a white looking planet, with it's cities in domes that were full of the houses and buildings that these civilizations were made of.