Chapter 26

"We do know where we're going, don't we?" Anakin asked as the three Jedi and Sith snuck through the halls of Hondo's pirate base.

"Hush, Anakin." Obi-Wan said, then turned to Dooku. "Do we know where we're going?"

"Quiet." Dooku snapped, and kicked a Weeqay that was coming around the corner, knocking him out. "I was brought this way when I was captured. It was open then." he said, meaning the door.

"Hey, I found the door key." Anakin said after rummaging through the unconscious Weeqay. (Y/n) thought she heard some high pitched grumbling from beside them, but turned to see nothing.

"This is the way to the hangar." Dooku claimed as they used the key card.

"Yes, but are you sure it's safe?" Obi-Wan asked.

While they were arguing on whether or not this way was clear, the door opened, and seven Weeqay sat there, cleaning their weapons. They stood up and aimed their weapons at the prisoners. (Y/n) sighed, frustrated. Beside them, more pirates emerged with the little Kowakian in front. (Y/n) knew she heard something! Her senses were still dulled after being drugged.

"Hold it right there, Jedi!" said a pirate in front, and soon the four were led back to their cell, this time with extra guards on watch.

Hondo greeted them personally as their shackles were checked, the pirates not taking any chances with four powerful Force-users in their presence.

"What were we thinking? Following a Sith Lord." Anakin scolded.

"Oh, what to do? What to do. What to do..." Hondo muttered. "I don't want to kill you, per se. In fact, you seem like decent fellows, and lady, of course. Even you, Count. This is just business, and once I get my money, we can go back to being friends! It's very simple. Now, try and not to complicate things by breaking out again."

Hondo left the room, his guards following him, aiming their guns directly at (Y/n)'s face. Obi-Wan stepped in front of her to shield her from their barrels. The pirates laughed and left the room.

"We have to get out of here before the Republic arrives with the ransom." (Y/n) said.

"For once, I agree with you, young elf." Dooku said.

"Do me a favor, Count, and quit calling me that"

This time, they decided to use a Jedi mind trick on the guard to convince him he wanted to let them go and go drinking. This managed to work. They escaped from the detention level, and begun sneaking through the base.

"Oh, hurry it up, Dooku!" Obi-Wan complained, pushing the Count along.

"You should be more patient, Obi-Wan." (Y/n) started, smirking at Anakin.

"She's right, Master. After all, the Count is an elderly gentleman and doesn't move like he used to." Anakin joked.

"I suppose you both are right." Obi-Wan stated, glaring at the older man.

"I would kill you three right now if I did not have to drag your bodies." Dooku stated.

Somehow, an alarm got triggered, signaling to every pirate around that the four of them were escaping. They managed to make it outside, but only to find themselves trapped in the base by a large wall. Anakin decided that  by using a long metal pole, he could fling them to the other side. It was working, until he barley made it to the edge and hung on with three other people weighing him down.

"This is not going well!" Anakin struggled to say as he attempted to pull himself up.

The pirates started shooting at them, and snapped Dooku's leash from Obi-Wan's. He was about to fall, but Obi-Wan decided to do the heroic thing and catch the Sith before he fell. Unfortunately, just as Anakin was screaming for Obi-Wan to drop the Count, a pair of boots appeared in front of his eyes.