Chapter 18

They followed the tracking beacon through space as fast as their ship could. When they exited hyperspace, they saw Jango's ship nearing a red and orange planet surrounded by an asteroid field.

"Geonosis?" (Y/n) questioned. "What business could a bounty hunter have here?"

"We're about to find out" Obi-Wan said.

They saw Slave I go into the asteroid field surrounding the planet. Obi-Wan followed, but they must have figured out the Jedi were there, for R3 and R4 began signaling that seismic charges had been released from their ship.

"Seismic charges! Stand by" Obi-Wan said.

They dodged they charge, which hit an asteroid. Everything was quiet for a moment, and then the charge exploded, and the blue light mixed with the rocking sound of the charge spread through the field, the shock wave destroying anything in it's path. (Y/n) watched as Obi-Wan maneuvered around the debris.

They had little time to recover, for another charge was released from the ship in front of them. Again, it hit an asteroid, and consumed all sound around it before releasing it in the blue shock wave. Thankful, Obi-Wan was a good pilot, dodging each and every piece of asteroid that threatened to keep them in space forever.

Jango flew into the cave of one of the larger asteroids, the Jedi closely following. Inside, they dodged the complex interior of the asteroid, moving around the rocky pillars that jutted out at every angle. When they exited, they couldn't see Jango's ship anymore... until, of course, it was behind them.

"Obi-Wan! He's behind us!" (Y/n) said, and the lasers began to explode around them as Jango fired at their ship with their single laser cannon.

"Oh, blast! This is why I hate flying!!" Obi-Wan complained as he began evasive maneuvers to avoid dying in space. Unfortunately, they got hit, and it rocked the ship. They nearly hit R4, and R3 began to beep, terrified.

"I know, buddy! Just hang on! We'll get out of this!" (Y/n) tried to console her droid.

A homing missile was fired from Slave I, and began to follow them around the asteroids. No matter what they did, it would not desist. That's when Obi-Wan got an idea.

"R4, prepare to jettison the spare part canisters" he said to his droid, who waited for the signal. "Fire them now!"

The back of the ship opened up, and all of their spare parts flew out. The homing missile focused on those, and hit them, causing an explosion to erupt behind them as they ducked in between two asteroids. Obi-Wan quickly hid the ship, waiting for Jango to pass and head down to the planet.

"You know, for someone who apparently hates flying, you are quite good at it" (Y/n) complimented. Obi-Wan's mouth turned up into a smirk.

"Thank you. I just don't like the 'possibly dying in space' part of flying." he said to her, causing them both to laugh a bit. (Y/n)'s heart beat faster at the sound of his laugh, but she pushed it away, telling herself no.

Obi-Wan looked back at her, and saw the Evenstar sticking out of her robes slightly. He was very intrigued by it, almost feeling some sort of pull towards it. He removed that thought from his head, thinking it ridiculous that an elven necklace would draw him into it.

"Well, either way, you're a great flyer." the elf finished. She played with her necklace as they waited for the opportune moment.

"Well, I think we've waited long enough." Obi-Wan said, and started up the ship.

They flew down onto the planet, seeing the rocky formations, but what was strange was the amount of ships docked there.

"There's is an unusual concentration of Federation ships over there, Obi-Wan" (Y/n) said pointing them out.