Chapter 52

Anakin stood before the Jedi Council, telling them of his meeting with the Chancellor. (Y/n) was surprised that Palpatine could be so bold as to try and appoint Anakin onto the council himself instead of consulting them. Yes, Anakin was a powerful Jedi, but he lacked the wisdom and restraint needed in many situations. Obi-Wan and (Y/n) shared a glance as Anakin continued on about the Chancellor's request.

(Y/n) now needed to be more careful around the Jedi Council. Now that she was pregnant, they would be more likely to sense something within her. She and Obi-Wan needed to be cautious, but only until the end of the war. Then, they would leave.

"Allow this appointment lightly the council does not." Yoda said sternly to Anakin, who sheepishly stood in the center of the Council. "Disturbing is this move by Chancellor Palpatine."

"I understand." Anakin spoke.

"You are on this council, but we do not grant you the rank of Master." Master Windu said, and Anakin furrowed his eyebrows.

"What?" he asked in slight appall. He looked to Obi-Wan and (Y/n), who watched on. The latter was slightly confused by this. It seemed unequal to Anakin's needs. "How can you do this? This is outrageous. It's unfair! How can you be on the council, and not be a master?"

"Take a seat, young Skywalker." Windu said, no argument in his tone, his hand gesturing to the empty chair in the room.

Anakin bowed his head in apology, realizing he went too far. "Forgive me, Master." he said, and moved to the seat. Obi-Wan looked at him in slight disappointment, shaking his head.

"We have surveyed all systems in the Republic, but have found no sign of General Grievous." Master Ki-Adi Mundi said, a hologram of him showing in his seat.

"He must be hiding in the Outer Rim, then. It's the only place he could hide so well for so long." (Y/n) pitched in.

"The outlying systems you must sweep." Yoda said to Mundi.

"We do not have many ships to spare." Obi-Wan claimed.

"What about the droid attack on the Wookiees?" Mundi asked.

"It is critical we send an attack group there immediately." Windu said.

"He's right. It's a system we cannot afford to lose." Obi-Wan said.

Yoda seemed to think for a moment, before he spoke, saying, "Go I will. Good relations with the Wookiees, I have." His eyes dropped to (Y/n). "Master Galad. Accompany me, will you? Hear, I do, that elves communicate well with the Wookiees"

She was a little surprised to hear this request, but said, "Yes, of course." It was true that the elves and the Wookiees got along well. They helped each other long ago, and now have a peace treaty and a promise to aid one another in battle whenever needed. (Y/n) wouldn't be surprised if she saw elven soldiers aiding the Wookiees, even if Rivendell was a Neutral System.

"It's settled then. Yoda and (Y/n) will take a battalion of clones to reinforce the Wookiees on Kashyyyk." Windu said, and rested in his seat. "May the Force be with us all."

When they exited the council room, Anakin was fuming. It was obvious to Obi-Wan and (Y/n) that this certainly was not what he wanted when he was appointed to the Council. He stormed out of the room and down the steps, the others by his side.

"What kind of nonsense is this?" Anakin spat. "Put me on the Council and not make me a Master? It's never been done in the history of the Jedi. It's insulting!"

"Oh, calm down, Anakin. You have been given a great honor." Obi-Wan stopped his rambling.

"No one has been put on the Council at your age, Anakin." (Y/n) said, and Anakin stopped with her and Obi-Wan.