Chapter 48

After a long and grueling mission in the Outer Rim, all (Y/n) wanted to do was kick back and relax, maybe grab a bit of Jawa juice. However, she knew she would be called back to the Outer Rim Sieges as soon as possible. She was speaking with Bucky and Marvel about the mission back at the Temple, when Rohan just happened to pass by. (Y/n) noticed Bucky's gaze move from her to the Twi'lek walking through the Temple.

"Captain Bucky." she called his interest back. "Are you all here?"

"Y-Yes, sir. Of course, sir." Bucky claimed, but Marvel just snorted. Bucky turned to him, saying, "Got something to say, Marvel?"

"No, sir. Nothing at all. Just thinkin' about somethin' be and the boys were talking about at 79's." Marvel said, making (Y/n) and Bucky raise an eyebrow.

"And what exactly would that be, Marvel?" the Jedi asked.

"Oh, just about how Bucky is completely-" Marvel began, but was cut off by Bucky elbowing him in the side.

"Well, I believe we've got everything from the mission under control, sir." Bucky said, stopping Marvel from saying anything.

"Alright, men... you're dismissed." (Y/n) said, and walked away from the two troopers. She sighed, knowing that Bucky was infatuated with her former padawan. It was blatantly obvious, to her at least.

Entering her dorms, she landed on her bed with a huff, tired from the several rotations off world. Obi-Wan was still out there, and she heard about Anakin going on some sort of mission with Clone Force 99, a group of defective clones that called themselves the 'Bad Batch'. Catchy name she thought when she heard the name.

Laying down, all (Y/n) needed now was a good nap to hold her over for just a bit. A wave of exhaustion crashed over her, and she felt her eyes droop, and darkness overtook her vision.

~~~~~~~~~~

A blue Twi'lek Jedi stood in the Temple, watching the fire burn around her. She had hid from the rumored Sith lord that had broken in, but gasped when she saw the barrel of a blaster aimed at her. She sighed in relief when she saw who it was.

"Bucky, thank the Force, it's you!"

She was met with no response.

"Bucky?"

"Good soldiers... follow orders..."

"Wait- Bucky... Bucky- I lov-"

A red blast echoed throughout the Jedi Temple, and a body fell to the ground, a blaster hole in her chest as her lightsaber rolled from her still hand.

~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/n) shot up from her sleep, gasping in shock. What was that dream? she thought, looking around the room. it was 5:00 in the morning. This was the only night she would be in the Temple before having to return to the Outer Rim Sieges, and she couldn't even get a decent night's sleep.

Looking around for any sort of comfort, she remembered that Obi-Wan was still in the Outer Rim. Rubbing her eyelids, she leaned back against the headboard, suddenly feeling rather strange. Her stomach growled in discomfort, and she felt lightheaded. A sudden need to throw up overcame her being, and she rushed to the bathroom, emptying the contents of her stomach into the toilet.

(Y/n) coughed, wiping her mouth with a stray towelette. She noticed that lately, she had been queasy more often, and her moods had been more sporadic. She worried for the consequences of these symptoms, remembering when Padmé had told her about her own pregnancy. She wanted to hold off on telling Anakin until he returned from the Outer Rim.