Chapter 36

The Citadel. A horrible place where captured Jedi were taken. And that's exactly where Master Even Piell was kidnapped. Deep in the heart of Separatist space, it was a perilous location. But Piell had information about secret hyperspace lanes called the Nexus Route.

Obi-Wan, Anakin, (Y/n), Plo Koon, Bucky, Cody, and a hologram of Rex stood in front of the holotable in the Jedi Temple. Fives and Echo were standing off to the side. Master Koon activated the holographic picture of the Citadel.

"As you are aware, the Citadel is their most isolated and impenetrable detention facility. No one has ever escaped." Master Plo said.

"There's a first time for everything." Anakin stated.

"Indeed there is." Obi-Wan added.

"Their security has prevented our probes from obtaining recent reconnaissance, so we've been forced to construct a crude map based upon data from the archives." Master Plo said.

"And since the data is extremely old, the map will be difficult to rely on." (Y/n) said after, looking around the room.

"So we're essentially going in blind." Anakin stated.

"Beg your pardon, General," Rex said from the hologram, "but how do we know Master Piell is still alive?"

"The Separatists won't dare kill Master Piell until they have what they need." Obi-Wan informed him.

"He obtained the coordinates of a secret hyperspace lane known as the Nexus Route, which travels into the heart of both the Republic and Separatist homeworlds." Master Plo said.

"They could prove vital in maneuvering our forces deep into remote Separatist sectors."

"Or the enemy could use them to slip through our defenses and attack Coruscant." Anakin said.

"These hyperspace lanes are of immense interest to both our sides and could tip the scale of the war to whomever is in possession of them." Master Plo said. "That is all."

With that, the clones left the room, Rex's hologram disappearing, and the four Jedi walked to the door. Master Plo began speaking again.

"Based on the archive schematics, we've narrowed it down to three possible locations they could be holding him at." he said.

"My greatest concern is infiltrating their outer security." Obi- Wan voiced.

"I agree. Their life-form scanners will not be easy to fool." (Y/n) said.

"I've got a thought about that." Anakin smirked slightly.

"Master!" Ahsoka's voice came from beside them. "I'm sorry I'm late. I just heard about the briefing. We're going to rescue Master Piell, right?"

Anakin stopped walking and crossed his arms at his padawan. The other three Jedi looked back at them. (Y/n) raised her eyebrow in amusement, knowing that Anakin would never let Ahsoka go on a mission like this one. "Well, you two have much to discuss." (Y/n) said, and her, Obi, and Plo walked on, leaving Anakin to deal with the young Togruta.

(Y/n) split from the other two, finding her droid, who was a little peeved that R2 had a couple of reprogrammed battle droids made to follow his word. They even called him 'Commander'.

I mean, why does that R2 unit get battle droid slaves! I want some! R3 rambled.

"I thought you and R2-D2 got along well, R3?" (Y/n) asked her blue and black droid.

We'll get along a lot better if he lets me command those droids of his.

(Y/n) sighed and shook her head. R3-E7 was really something else.