Chapter 49

Obi-Wan, Anakin, and (Y/n) all boarded their gunship to get back to the cruiser, all wondering who it could possibly be that contacted them. However, (Y/n)'s mind was also running wild on how in the universe she would tell Obi-Wan about the child they were going to have. He could see her anxiety about something, it was clear, although he didn't know what it was about.

Once they returned, they walked towards the control room, seeing a hologram of someone along with Yularen.

"All right, Admiral. What's so important you brought us all the way back here..." Anakin asked, a little playfulness in his voice, until he saw exactly who the hologram was and trailed off.

Ahsoka Tano stood there, looking older, more mature, with Bo-Katan next to her in the hologram. (Y/n) and Obi-Wan looked between Anakin and his former apprentice, the shock in all their eyes evident.

"Hello, Master. It's been a while." Ahsoka said after she turned around.

"Ah- Ahsoka. Wha-" Anakin tried to speak, but was proven speechless. Finally, he found his voice. "I don't believe it! How are you? Where are you? Are- Are you okay?"

"I'm all right. Thank you." Ahsoka responded, but her face showed all business. "I wish we had more time to talk, but I have urgent information for the three of you."

"What is it, Ahsoka?" Obi-Wan asked, and she looked between (Y/n) and him, giving a light smile before turning to her companion.

"Lady Bo-Katan and I have located the renegade Sith Lord, Maul." she said, gesturing to the Mandalorian. "And if we move swiftly, we believe we can capture him."

The three Jedi looked between each other, shocked. Maul needed to be apprehended, or else so many people could end up dead or under the influence of the biggest crime lords in the galaxy. If Ahsoka offered them a chance, they needed to take it.

Ahsoka was told to come to their cruiser to give them the rest of the information that they needed. She was set to arrive soon, so Obi-Wan, Anakin, and (Y/n) began walking towards the hangars.

"It all makes sense now." Anakin stated, gaining the others' attention.

"What?" (Y/n) asked, a little confused.

"If Ahsoka hadn't left the Order, then she wouldn't have been where she needed to be." Anakin elaborated.

"That's one way to look at it, I suppose." Obi-Wan said, his arms crossed over his chest. Anakin, a little upset now, crossed to stand in front of the two of them.

"It's the only way to look at it." he stated. "We're gonna capture Maul, finally. I thought you two would be more excited about this."

"We're cautiously optimistic." Obi-Wan said, moving past him, (Y/n) following. Anakin caught (Y/n)'s arm, noticing her anxiety.

"Hey, are you alright?" he asked, a little worry in his eyes.

(Y/n) gave a comforting smile towards the younger Jedi, saying, "Yes, Anakin. I've just got a lot on my mind."

He let it go when he saw the Mandalorian ship enter the hangar. It landed, and when the door opened, Anakin was elated to see the face of his former padawan. R2, who was with them, beeped in happiness and went to greet her first. Ahsoka placed a hand on R2's head, greeting him, before walking towards the three awaiting Jedi.

"Ahsoka, I'm so glad-" Anakin started in joy, but she cut him off, putting her hand up to stop him.

"We'll have to catch up another time." she said, her face serious. "Things are moving quickly."