Chapter 38

Contacting the Jedi Temple, they agreed on the rendezvous point, a small island in the outskirts, and had to manage to get there by the time Plo Koon arrived. They were attacked multiple times as they tried to escape, but each time they evaded capture.

The droids were relentless, each time they attacked getting harder and harder. Coming to the edge of a cliff, they had to reel their way down with some of the clone forces on their backs. A few were lost, but the rest managed to safely make their way to the bottom and into a tunnel.

Coming to a small pathway near the lava, (Y/n) heard Tarkin say, "What if your Jedi friends are not there when we arrive?"

"Keep moving and you won't have to worry about that, Tarkin." Piell snapped at his captain.

(Y/n) saw Ahsoka and Rohan sneer and roll their eyes. She imagined they did not enjoy his company. "Why did Master Piell have to share half the intel with that guy?" the Togruta asked, jerking her thumb back at Tarkin.

"It's like he's not even grateful we rescued him." Rohan muttered.

"Captain Tarkin feels the Jedi should be relieved from the burden of leading the war effort." Anakin stated.

"That's ridiculous." Ahsoka said.

"Maybe, but we aren't soldiers. We're peacekeepers. The Jedi Code often prevents us from going far enough to achieve victory."

"A rather simple point of view." Obi stated, now in the conversation.

"Either way, he is a good captain."

"Wait, shh." (Y/n) snapped at everyone, her ears picking up something in the distance. She heard a high pitched shrieking, some sort of animal. Everyone looked at her strangely. "There's something near. I can hear it."

"What is it, Master Galad?" Ahsoka asked, looking at the elf.

"We're going to have company." she said. "We need to move quickly, before the rest of you can hear it as well."

They slightly quickened their pace, each Jedi keeping a quick hand on their lightsabers in case a fight did break out. Tarkin and Anakin seemed to have gotten into a fight about who was more the Chancellor's golden boy.

"We need to keep moving." the elf told them.

"If we're not at the rendezvous at the exact time, we'll miss our window." Obi-Wan finished.

The shrieking sounded again, this time near enough for the others to hear. They looked around in fear, wondering what it was. "The creatures are gaining. They're tracking us." (Y/n) claimed.

"If they've caught our scent, they'll lead the droids right to us." Piell stated.

They agreed to hide in the caves while Obi-Wan and Anakin went out to distract the nearing creatures, drawing their weapons as they neared. They saw through the mist that the creatures were Anoobas, black hyena like creatures with one long tooth coming from their bottom lip.

The other group ran through the caves, but were met with three crab droids that killed one of the officers. Piell destroyed one, and turned to (Y/n)." Go. Ahsoka and I will take care of the droids."

The elf nodded and led the officers and troopers away from the droids, Rohan by her side. They fired at the battle droids that came flying towards them. (Y/n) watched as Obi-Wan jumped from rock to rock, taking out every droid in his path. She thought it was kind of... hot, actually. She regathered her thoughts, and focused on the task at hand.

Once all the droids were destroyed, they regathered the group. Looking through the fog, (Y/n) could see something before anyone else could. "Oh no..." she whispered, and ran towards Ahsoka, who carried Even Piell's dead body. Lowering him to the ground, Ahsoka looked on, sadly.