Chapter 50

(Y/n) sat in her blue fighter, R3 in his own seat, with Obi-Wan and Anakin flying next to her as they entered the battle surrounding Coruscant, Obi in red and Anakin in yellow. It was raging all around them as they flew to didge the blasters and gunships that surrounded them, trying to get to Grievous's ship on the other side of the battlefield.

"Lock onto him, R2." Anakin said to his droid. "Masters, General Grievous's ship is directly ahead, the one crawling with vulture droids."

"Oh, I see it. Oh, this is going to be easy." Obi-Wan said sarcastically.

"Come on, Obi. You know we've been through tougher battles than this." (Y/n) tried to joke.

"I highly doubt that, (Y/n)." Obi-Wan said as they watched the droids enter attack position. "Oddball, do you copy?"

"Copy, Red Leader." the trooper answered through the headset.

"Mark my position. Form your squad up behind me."

"We're on your tail, General Kenobi." Oddball responded.

The Jedi set their own ships into their attack position, the wings of their fighter flipping up vertically on either side at the end.

"This is where the fun begins." (Y/n) heard Anakin say, able to imagine the smile on his face.

"Let's not get too ahead of ourselves." she told him.

"Let them pass between us." Obi-Wan commanded, watching as the vulture droids closed in on them. They watched as hundreds of the droids flew around them, blasting at them just as they fired back. One clone ship got blown up, and Oddball was having difficulty with the vultures.

"They're all over me! Get them off my-" Static broke through his request, and Anakin spoke.

"I'm gonna go help them out."

"No! No, they are doing their job so we can do ours." Obi-Wan stopped him.

They watched as a vulture droid fired four missiles at Obi-Wan and Anakin, (Y/n) avoiding their tailing. "Missiles. Pull up!" Anakin called out, and he and Obi-Wan dodges the blue rockets.

"They overshot us." Obi-Wan claimed, looking back.

"They're coming back around, guys. Be careful!" (Y/n) told them, watching as the missiles followed her companions' ships. She heard Obi-Wan stop his droid from allowing any 'fancy' flying maneuvers, while Anakin, on the other hand, spun his ship so that the missiles would crash together.

"Flying is for droids!" the elf heard Obi-Wan mutter in frustration as he continued to dodge the missiles that kept coming back for him. That was when the missiles flew in front of him and broke apart, released nearly twenty buzz droids all over Obi-Wan's ship.

"I'm hit! Anakin? (Y/n)?" he called to them.

"I see them. Buzz droids." Anakin informed.

"They're all over you, Obi!" (Y/n) said, watching as a buzz droid ripped R4's head from his body. "Oh my goodness." she said, and R3 beeped in fear of that happening to him. "Don't worry, buddy. We're all right."

"They're shutting down all the controls!" Obi stressed as he tried to regain control of his ship, failing.

"Move to the right so I can get a clear shot at them." Anakin said, making (Y/n) widen her eyes.

"Anakin, are you insane?" she asked through the headset.

"The mission! Get to the command ship. Get the Chancellor! I'm running out of tricks here." Obi-Wan commanded. Anakin was not in the mood for listening today, and blasted Obi's ship, ripping off part of his wing.