Chapter 33

Anakin told them over their comms that he had some information regarding the assassin droids for them. He soon entered the dining room and passed Obi-Wan a tablet with the cargo information on it.

"One of our four distinguished senators appears to be a traitor." Anakin concluded.

"I sense it too." Obi-Wan said.

"Me as well. I got the feeling one of our senators wasn't as scared as they appeared to be." (Y/n) informed. "Who it was, I am unsure." (Y/n) heard something beside her, and hit Anakin's arm to get his attention, drawing it to the mini assassin droid crawling across the floor. "It looks like one of our little visitors is still alive."

"I have an idea how to expose the turncoat." Obi-Wan claimed. He looked at Anakin, giving him the data pad, and said, "Return to the hull of the ship. Destroy the last assassin droids. We'll find out which of the senators is the traitor."

Anakin left, seeing the tension in the room. (Y/n) looked at the man beside her and asked, "So, what is this plan of yours, Kenobi?"

"Oh, so you're talking to me now, Galad." Obi-Wan spat back. Both regretted their choice of words, but both were to stubborn to say so. "Alright, we know that assassin droids won't attack their programmer, so, if we hold it up to each senator-"

"We can find our mole." (Y/n) finished. "Not bad. Lets get to it."

The senators all sat back down in their respective seats, Satine back at the head of the table. They resumed their feasting, waiting for word on the droid investigation.

"Duchess." Free Taa called as he held a piece of meat to eat. "You're not eating?"

"I have no appetite." She replied shortly.

"Begging your pardon, you must keep up your strength."

"By all means, be my guest, Senator."

"If you insist." Free Taa claimed, and looked to Obi-Wan who held up a tray covered in a red cloth. "Ah! Dessert! Excellent!"

"I don't think you'll want this, Senator." (Y/n) said.

"This morsel might prove too much, even for the legendary appetite of Orn Free Taa." Obi-Wan added as he removed the cloth to reveal the little droid stuck under a glass jar, attempting to attack the senator. "Enjoy."

"Ah! On second thought, it wouldn't agree with me..." the Twi'lek senator claimed.

"My theory is our little friend will attack the Duchess and anyone who defends her." Obi-Wan said.

"Anyone, that is, except the traitor who programmed it." (Y/n) finished.

"Take it away! Please!" Free Taa cried as the droid kept jumping at the edge of the glass jar.

"Obi-Wan! Master Galad! This line of questioning borders on torture!"

Obi-Wan moved to Onaconda and Senator Kin Robb's side, the droid still attempting to break free of it's hold. "Oh, I assure our pacifist duchess that all is under control. We're trying to expose a bigger threat." When the droid continued to jump, Obi-Wan moved on, muttering, "Interesting."

"The droid displays unusual hostility toward the honorable Kin Robb." (Y/n) claimed. Once they got around Satine and to Merrik's side, the droid calmed, and held still at the sight of the man. "But it seems to like you, Senator Merrik."

"Well, Prince?" Obi-Wan questioned the man.

"Really, Generals, you're quite clever!" Merrik said as he knocked the tray out of Obi-Wan's hands, causing the droid to run free. It ran straight for Satine, but Obi-Wan knocked it aside with the tray, landing it on the protocol droid in the room. The droid short circuited as the bot messed with it, and the mini bot hopped on Senator Onaconda. (Y/n) sliced at it with her green saber.