Chapter 40

"Obi-Wan Kenobi, don't you ever do that to me again." (Y/n) snapped at her other half as they spoke in his room, discussing his last mission.

Obi-Wan had been shot and had 'died' at the hands of a bounty hunter named Rako Hardeen. The truth of the matter was, the Jedi Council, minus (Y/n), had made Obi-Wan pose as this Hardeen bounty hunter in order to gain information on a plan to kill the Chancellor. She didn't find out about it until she and Anakin had almost killed him while he was disguised.

The reason the Council did not tell her was because they knew that Anakin and her were close to Obi-Wan, and so their reactions were important for this plan to work. They needed to seem devastated in the eyes of Moralo Eval and Cad Bane.

When she thought he died, she had been devastated, almost finding her own self dead of a broken heart. The shock of it was all too much for her. When she felt the connection to Obi-Wan through his disguise, she felt hope once more, but it was soon demolished and replaced with anger when she learned of the Council's plan, and their unwillingness to include her, a fellow member of the Jedi Council, in the planning and circle of knowledge.

Obi-Wan's hair was still growing back, and he looked like when they were both padawans all those years ago. He had to be shaved to be disguised, but now he just looked younger, like she was blown back to eleven years ago.

"Darling, it was not up to me. I tried to get the Council to tell you, I really did!" he said, standing up, looking at her tear stained, upset face.

"Do you know how many nights I wept for you? How many days I felt my heart breaking?" she whispered, her voice cracking in the end, refusing to look at him.

Obi-Wan felt his own eyes prick with tears at the sight of her pain. Hearing how close she was to giving up made him ache with pain in his heart. He didn't want the Council to keep this from her. In fact, he had met with Masters Yoda and Windu privately to discuss not hiding the plan from (Y/n).

"(Y/n)... my love..." Obi-wan said softly, moving to stand in front of her, his hands grasping her arms. She still did not look at him. He put one finger under her chin and moved her head up to look at him. Reluctantly, she did, and a tear fell from her eye. "Death cannot stop true love. I can only delay it for a while."

Wiping away the tear the fell, he gently cradled her face in his hands. "Obi-Wan..." she mumbled, now feeling a rush of exhaustion crash over her.

Her eyes fluttered lightly, and she leaned against a now lightly smiling Obi-Wan Kenobi. He picked her up bridal style and carried her towards his bed, feeling her fall asleep as he did. She snuggled into his covers, muttering, "We're not done with this yet...". Obi-Wan knew she was still unhappy with him, and most likely would be for a while. Brushing aside a piece of her hair, he kissed her forehead.

"I understand, my darling. But, for now, rest." he whispered, moving towards the couch. He would not lay with her without her consent to, especially since she was mad with him. She had been stressing herself too much, it was obvious. (Y/n) needed a break from so many things.

~~~~~~~~~~

The bright, shining light of the full moon grew upon the expanse of the city of Imladris on the glorious planet of Rivendell. Two Jedi stood on a balcony, looking out at the waterfalls that fell near the city.

"I do."

"I do."

They kissed in the heavenly light, the singing of the elves heard in the distance.