Chapter 29

(Y/n) had sent Rohan on a mission with Obi-Wan, for he asked for her personally. There were captives on Ryloth, and many Twi'lek people were dying from the Separatists, led by Wat Tambor. Luckily, they both saved the people of Ryloth, and Rohan had saved Obi-Wan's life on their mission.

(Y/n) could not have been prouder of her padawan. She exhibited all the traits a Jedi Knight should have. The elf believed Rohan to be ready to face the Trials, and be knighted as a Jedi Knight.

She had asked Obi-Wan to consult the Council about a meeting with her about her padawan. He managed to set up a gathering of the Jedi to discuss her padawan.

"Something to say, have you Master Galad? Hm?" Master Yoda asked.

"Yes Master, I am here to discuss my padawan. I believe she is ready to move on and complete the Trials." (Y/n) claimed. Many of the Council smiled or nodded their head, while some were reluctant to agree. "She has exhibited all the traits a Jedi should. I believe she is strong enough to face the Trials and succeed."

"I agree with Master Galad. From what I have seen on Ryloth, Rohan truly is ready to withstand the Trials." Obi-Wan backed her up. (Y/n) gave him a grateful look, and he nodded back.

"Know this, Jedi Galad, if your padawan is strong enough to pass the Trials, you will have gained the ability to be granted the rank of Master, and possibly, a seat on this Council." Master Windu stated.

"Vote on this, we will. All in favor say I." Yoda stated. There was many 'I's were said around the room, and, luckily, they outweighed the silence of those who disagreed. "Then, agreed the majority, is. Ready for the Trials, young Aola, is."

"Thank you for your consideration, Masters. I shall inform Rohan immediately." (Y/n) said, bowing towards the Council.

(Y/n) smiled brightly at the idea of her padawan moving on to become a great Jedi knight. But, her smiled dropped, knowing that she might not see Rohan for a very long time. She had to do this. Rohan would be a powerful and wise Jedi. (Y/n) was sure of that.

The elf knocked on the door of the Twi'lek, and waited for a moment. When the door opened, Rohan looked a little surprised at the smiling face of her master.

"Oh, Master. Hi! Is there another mission for us?" Rohan asked.

"No, Rohan. May I come in?" (Y/n) asked politely. Rohan nodded and let her in. The elf turned back to her padawan, who had nervous look on her face.

"Master, have I done something wrong?" Rohan asked.

"No, my padawan. I have something to discuss with you." (Y/n) sighed, a smile on her face. "I have given this much thought. I believe that you are now ready to face the Jedi Trials."

Rohan looked at her master surprised. "Master... really? You truly think I am ready?"

"Of course. I've watching your progress for a long time now. I believe there is little more you can learn from me." (Y/n) said, placing a hand on Rohan's shoulder.

"I am truly honored, Master."

"I've spoken to Council about this matter. They have agreed with me. You are to be Jedi Knight, Rohan."

Rohan smiled brightly. She was going to get what she had wished for since she was a little girl practicing with he training saber. She resisted the urge to hug the elf. However, (Y/n) brought the girl in for a light hug, which she returned. Letting go, (Y/n) smiled at Rohan.

"I wish you the best of luck, Rohan." (Y/n) said, and left the room.

Rohan nodded her head, taking in the news. The Council later informed her that her trials would begin the next week. (Y/n) would be watching with the Council from a box above the trial area.

Rohan walked throughout the Jedi Temple, thinking about what the future had in store for her. As she walked she found R3 journeying throughout the halls. She smiled at the droid, who beeped extremely happily. She conversed with the happy droid for a little while, who then went to find the elf who cared for him.

The Twi'lek knew it would be strange going through the days without her master's guidance, but she knew she could do it. She had grown up from the young girl too afraid to battle the other younglings. She was now a grown woman, ready to face the trials of her life.

~~~~~~~~~~

The week went by faster than anyone could possibly believe. Rohan was nearly ready to become a Jedi Knight. Her trials were about to begin.

Before they began, Rohan looked at herself in the mirror, seeing the padawan beads hanging from her head. Hopefully, soon, the Jedi of the Council would remove the beads during the knighting ceremony, if she passed.

A knock on her door broke her from her thinking. When she opened it, she expected it to be (Y/n) but was slightly surprised to see Bucky standing there in front of her. Her face darkened from the blush that covered it, but she managed to keep her emotions in check.

"Captain! What are you doing here?" Rohan asked, managing not to stutter. Bucky smiled, and Rohan had to remind herself that attachment was forbidden, although she had no clue as to why she would need to remind herself of such things. It's not as if she had feelings for this man... right?

"I just came to wish you luck on your trials, Commander. Well, soon you'll be a General." He corrected himself. Rohan laughed, and looked up at Bucky.

"T-Thank you, Bucky. That's very sweet of you." the Twi'lek replied, and cursed on the inside for her first stutter.

"Well, I-uh... I don't want to keep you. I expect they'll be asking for you soon." Bucky managed. He was sad that he wouldn't get to see the beautiful Twi'lek as often as he once did.

Rohan looked back and fourth between the hallways, and quickly kissed the trooper on his cheek. He immediately blushed. "Don't worry, Captain. We'll see each other again..." Rohan whispered. She had to leave, so she passed Bucky and quickly made her way to meet the Council for her trials.

~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/n) felt proud as she watched her former padawan ace the trials. The elf grinned as Rohan exited her trials, fully passed. She was now ready for the ceremony to be knighted, and become a fully fledged Jedi Knight.

Rohan walked into the Hall of Knighthood, the room completely darkened. She walked to the center and kneeled, the Jedi Masters in the Council igniting their lightsabers around her. Master Yoda stepped forward, his small green lightsaber in his hand.

"We are all Jedi. The Force speaks through us. Through our actions, the Force proclaims itself and what is real. Today we are here to acknowledge what the Force has proclaimed." Yoda said, hovering the saber above Rohan's left shoulder, then her right. Rohan's padawan beads were removed, and Yoda continued. "By the right of the Council, by the will of the Force, I dub thee Jedi, Knight of the Republic."

Rohan Aola, the padawan of (Y/n) Galad, was officially a Jedi Knight.