Chapter 16

"Obi-Wan... stay..."

"Force... show me how to say no to this... I need you, (Y/n)"

"You can have me if you stay"

"As you wish..."

"(Y/n)!"

The elf was bolted awake at the sound of Obi-Wan's voice. She looked around to see they were still in hyperspace, but her controls were beeping, signaling they were nearing Kamino.

"Sorry to startle you, darling, but we're coming up on Kamino" Obi-Wan said, and (Y/n) tried her best to ignore the nickname.

Exiting hyperspace, Obi-Wan detached the hyperspace ring from the ship, and flew closer to Kamino, which was, in fact, there.

"There it is, right where it should be. Our missing planet, Kamino" (Y/n) said.

Obi-Wan flew the ship through the dark clouds of the planet and found it to be mostly ocean. The rain pelted down on their ship. They found one of the cities, Tipoca City, and landed the ship on one of the landing platforms. (Y/n) looked around at the harsh rain surrounding them. Obi-Wan opened the cockpit and the rain hit them, soaking them instantly. Pulling their hoods up, the two Jedi walked to the door at the end of the platform. It opened for them, and they pulled their hoods down. The inside was incredibly white and clean.

Approaching them was, what (Y/n) assumed to be, a Kaminoan. She was tall with a long neck, rounded white head, and large black eyes. She had two slits where her nose was.

"Master Jedi." she greeted. "The Prime Minister is expecting you."

"We are expected?" (Y/n) asked, confused. They'd only just found the planet. How could they be expected.

"Of course. He is anxious to meet you. After all these years, we were beginning to think you weren't coming. Now please, this way." the Kaminoan said, and led them through the stark white hallways. They came to the end of one and a door opened, revealing another Kaminoan who sat in a hovering white chair. He stood as the other Kaminoan, who introduced herself to be Taun We, spoke.

"May I present Lama Su, Prime Minister of Kamino."

(Y/n) and Obi-Wan bowed, Lama Su reciprocating, as Taun We introduced the two.

"And these are Master Jedi-"

"Obi-Wan Kenobi, and my friend, (Y/n) Galad" Obi-Wan said.

"I trust you're going to enjoy your stay" Lama Su said as two other floating chairs appeared from the ceiling. He gestured to them, and the Jedi obliged in sitting to speak. "And now to business. You will be delighted to hear that we are on schedule." (Y/n) could see the visible confusion on Obi-Wan's face, and she agreed. "Two hundred thousand units are ready, with a million more well on the way"

"That's... good news." (Y/n) guessed. She apparently turned out to be right.

"Please tell your Master Sifo-Dyas that his order will be met on time" Lama Su continued.

"I'm sorry, Master...?" Obi-Wan questioned to see if he heard correctly.

"Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas is still a leading member of the Jedi Council, is he not?"

"Master Sifo-Dyas was killed almost ten years ago." Obi-Wan said. (Y/n) had remembered this Master, who had more radical views on the issues of the Republic.

"Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that" Lama Su empathized. "But I'm sure he would have been proud of the army we've built for him"

"The-The army?" (Y/n) questioned, although she made it seem like it wasn't one.