Chapter 13

The two ran out of the building as fast as they could, coming into a speeder parking lot. They searched until Anakin found a suitable yellow speeder, hopping in it. (Y/n) followed soon, and Anakin started it up and flew out of the parking spot. They looked through the lines and traffic of speeders for the small droid with Obi-Wan hanging off of it.

"(Y/n), what can you see?" Anakin asked over the sound of the wind rushing past their ears.

"Give me a minute, I'm looking." (Y/n) said, spotting something in the distance that looked like Obi-Wan's beige robes. "Wait, I see him- Oh kriff, he's falling. Anakin speed up!"

Anakin followed her directions, going to where she was pointing until he saw Obi-Wan himself, freefalling through the city. While Anakin was busy catching up, (Y/n) spotted another ship taking off. While she was looking, Anakin noticed a problem with their speeder.

"(Y/n), there's only two seats." he said, the speeder hovering under Obi-Wan's falling figure.

"Lle lakwenien (Are you joking)?" she muttered in elvish. Anakin didn't know what she said, but she didn't seem happy. When Obi-Wan landed on the back of the speeder, (Y/n) scooted over a tad and he sat down in the middle of the two already inside. Now, (Y/n) was partially on Obi-Wan's lap. This was not helping her situation with him right now.

Obi-Wan was in a slightly uncomfortable position with the elf slightly on his lap. Due to the jerking of the speeder, she had her arms wrapped around his neck so as to not fall off the edge. The close contact was distracting, but he couldn't decide if he enjoyed it or not. He shook these thoughts from his head and looked to Anakin.

"What took you so long?" he asked.

"Oh, you know, Master. I couldn't find a speeder that I really liked" Anakin said sarcastically.

"There he is!" (Y/n) pointed in the direction the other ship took off in.

"with the open cockpit and the right speed capabilities."

"If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you do your wit, you would rival Master Yoda as a swordsman." Obi-Wan said.

"I thought I already did."

"Only in your mind, my very young apprentice. Also, you couldn't find a speeder with three seats?"

"Like I said, this was the only speeder I really liked."

"Dolle naa lost" (Y/n) said, confusing both men as she gripped the side of the speeder.

"What does that mean, Master?" Anakin asked, and Obi-Wan had no clue.

"It means 'Your head is empty'! Now, follow the assassin, for goodness sake!" (Y/n) snapped at the padawan, who immediately increased the speed and followed the assailant.

The maneuvered around different speeders and buildings, the chase continuing for quite some time. The assassin shot downwards, and Anakin followed, going straight down without restraint. They were coming dangerously close to the top of a building, (Y/n) holding onto whatever she could in order to not fall out.

"Pull up, Anakin! Pull up!" Obi-Wan shouted at the boy, who laughed in joy at the 'fun' he was having. Meanwhile, (Y/n) was holding in her screams. At the very last second, Anakin leveled out the speeder and resumed the chase.

"You know I don't like it when you do that!" Obi-Wan scolded.

"Sorry, Master. I forgot you don't like flying." Anakin seemingly remembered.

"I don't mind flying, but what you're doing is suicide!!"

They continued following the assassin, who went into one of the industrial parts of Coruscant. There were pillars of fire everywhere and the assassin dodged each one, Anakin following close behind. Ahead, there were two power couplings that were deactivated, but the assassin shot their blaster at one of them, activating the purple electricity that created a wall between them. Anakin payed no attention to them as he flew straight through.