Chapter 42

After getting the approval of the Council to visit Rivendell, Obi-Wan and (Y/n) decided that they wanted to get married as soon as possible. With a war raging on, they had little time to themselves, and so had to be quick in their trip to the beautiful planet.

(Y/n) did not lie when she told Obi-Wan that this was one of the most beautiful planets she had ever seen. Rivendell had three rulers, and Lord Elladan ruled in Imladris with a calm and peaceful hand, keeping the beauty of his city intact. In the war, the three elven rulers of Rivendell decided to remain a part of the Neutral Systems, for they did not see the Clone Wars as an affair that they needed to be a part of.

The glistening waterfalls shined in the sunlight. The trees were full of life that could make any want to sit under the shade of their leaves. The beautiful city sat in a large open cliff, hanging from the edge. The mountains towered over it, and in the distance, you could see the glorious forest, where the elves of Lothlórien resided.

"So beautiful..." Obi-Wan said as they landed the ship near the city. Elves did not have much in the ways of interstellar technology, and so, they did not have shuttle pads.

"I can't believe I'm back here." (Y/n) said, looking out at her home. "It's been so long."

"I remember you told me the only thing you remembered were the beauty of the sunsets." Obi said, and grabbed her hand lightly to pull her up from the pilot's seat. "Maybe we can make a few more memories here together."

"I wouldn't wish that with anyone else." she said, and opened the door to exit the ship. "Now, come along. There is much to see."

Walking down the ramp, they were greeted with a few elven guards, Lord Elladan in the center of them, a warm smile on his face. "Greetings, young Jedi." he said, doing the traditional elven greeting. He placed his hand over his heart and gestured towards them, (Y/n) and Obi-Wan bowing. "We welcome you to Rivendell."

"Thank you, Lord Elladan." (Y/n) greeted.

"Master Obi-Wan Kenobi. It is so wonderful to meet you in person. We have heard tales of your heroics." Elladan said, looking to the man, who sheepishly nodded his head.

"The pleasure is all mine." he responded. "And thank you for allowing us to be here."

"Please, we welcome all to our home. Come. There is much to be done." Elladan said, slightly confusing the two Jedi.

"Much to be done?" (Y/n) asked.

"You are to be married, are you not?"

They were both a little shocked at how he knew, for they did not say anything about getting married.

"My lord... how did you know?" Obi-Wan asked the elf, who then turned to look at him.

"I see a great many things, Master Jedi. Through what you call the Force, as we call our magics, I have seen your future together." Elladan said, shocking the two. "You, (Y/n) Galad, hold a power such as mine, using the magic of our people to see things that have not yet come to pass."

"I... I do." she mumbled, but it was a statement, not a question. She remembers the dreams she gets on occasion, and how they always lead to be the truth. She remembered seeing herself tell Obi-Wan she loved him, but also remembered a dangerous vision of the future, one where all lives were at stake.

"It is true, young one. The gift of foresight is not given to all." Elladan claimed, and began moving towards the city. "Now, we must get moving if you are to return to your war."

The Jedi looked to each other, before following as Obi-Wan asked, "Just how many know of our.. attachment?"

"Only I, for I understand the burden you bear that comes with loving in the Jedi Code." Elladan said, relieving the two slightly.