Comedic inspiration my damn ass!

Van finally looked at Eric after the latter was obviously trying to save himself from revealing his true intention with a bigger shovel that finished digging his grave. Van couldn't help but just sneer at this pathetic human. If Van just leaned forwards a bit he could grab Eric's neck and snap it but Van didn't.

He still needed Eric as his teacher. In the end, Van got pulled into this park's mess. He just wanted to exploit Eric just like his brothers but now he ended up in this secluded chaos with Eric alone. Well, now that Van took a closer look at Eric, this human was indeed attractive. So what?

Van liked humorous and honest people. Not boring and two-faced shits like Eric. Van just wanted to leave here but he somehow accidentally got onto the carousel that raced at 300 or something km/h speed and now that it finally slowed down, Van was too dizzy and weak to leave. And now he had to endure this human.

Van's golden eyes were like stars twinkling in this darkness. Not even the lights of the carousel could match its brilliance and these golden eyes kept their sight straight on this human before it. What Van was wondering about was how to make Eric be in his debt so Eric would obediently do whatever Van ordered him to do.

Just saving Eric wasn't enough. Eric had to feel so grateful to Van that he would even end up giving up his life to Van. While Van was thinking, all that Eric saw was another murderous son wanting to harm him.

Eric gulped and tried his luck, "V-Van?"

"Be quiet," Van's answer came immediately.

Van's expressionless face suddenly had some liveliness to it. Eric's scared and nervous appearance slowly excited him and a tiny flame in the blackness inside his body was lit.

Van preferred this shivering human much more than the conceited and fake face Eric always put on. Van wanted to push Eric down and see how Eric squirmed on the floor. What kind of expression would Eric make? Van kind of anticipated that but in the end, he didn't take any actions.

Because if he did that, Eric would curse him out in his heart with a stupid smile on his face instead be kneeling on his knees and pleading his loyalty to Van.

This was quite the dilemma for Van. Also, even though what Eric said sounded reasonable, for some annoying reason, Van just didn't like that Eric wore the Demon Lord's clothes.

It just looked stupid and almost comedic... wait comedic?

Van quickly pulled out the small notepad he always kept with him and jotted down: Unfit clothes on character- can be used as a comedy factor.

Van's eyes brightened and an idea came to his mind. Maybe this human could be used as comedy inspiration! Yes, that worked. For now, Van had to keep a close eye on Eric and jot down anything that could make someone laugh. Van still held a grudge towards Eric's feedback saying his stories weren't funny.

Meanwhile, Eric took in every single expression of Van and gulped. Several turns went by in silence but Eric's mind hammered loudly in his ears, what was Van writing for?

It couldn't be... torture methods! My goodness, how vicious could this demon be? Having to detailed write down how he was going to cut Eric open into pieces and use him as fodder!

Too terrifying! Van was a horrifying gore writer! At this point, Eric forgot that Van was a comedy writer. Damn. Damn. Damn. Eric bit nails.

Van was most definitely figuring out a plan to murder him! Eric's face turned blank as he observed Van and noticed that Van also observed him! A fucking psychopath! Observing his victim so closely! Eric got a shiver. It was always the quietest ones! Always!

Eric's heart raced. He was about to suffocate from his thoughts while Van truly took his idea to heart and observed Eric as closely as possible. Any of his expressions, his gestures, why did they all seem like they would make great comedy potential?

Van was exhilarated! And this didn't go unnoticed by Eric. Van had no idea that each time he wrote in his notepad, a piece of soul was forcibly ripped out of Eric's body.

But Van, even if he knew wouldn't care. Now the only thing he needed was to have Eric say something funny and for that Van had to engage in a conversation with him. How troublesome but for the sake of his story Van tried his best.

"Teacher-" Van called his teacher, "Say something funny."

"W-What? You want to eat me? Listen Van, humans aren't something you eat. Demons should be herbivores. They shouldn't be-"

Van narrowed his eyes and wrote- to be funny blabber shit, anything off-topic that didn't match the flow of conversation.

At this Van's eyes lit up yet Eric felt his tongue stuck in his throat.

"V-Van? Did you hear?"

''Yes, teacher."

Fuck! Goddamn! The world's going under! It'll end!

A meteor will crash any second!

Van smiled! That prickly hedgehog shed all of his spikes to hug me only to magically pierce me from the inside!

Smile... smile... go away you cursed smile! Yet Eric had to admit that smile was really beautiful. If only Van would smile more often, his mysterious attractiveness would reach god level! God level!

Who could compare? Maybe a handful of others and Eric knew all of them! Here! Right here in the Demon World!

"Promise you won't eat me?"

"Of course teacher," yet Van wrote again. Eric almost fainted. 'To keep this comedy going, keep blabbering nonsense.'

If Eric knew what Van was really doing, this scum editor would've quickly strangled himself already! What fucking comedy inspiration? How could I be comedic relief, inspiration, your muse? Go away! Something's wrong here! Leave! Out of my way! Never let me see you again!

But luckily Eric didn't know or unluckily Eric didn't. Either way, Eric couldn't stay here any longer. He absolutely couldn't, with such a psychopath!

On the count of three, fuck this carousel, Eric jumped off and quickly moved his feet.

Please, please, please open up the fence. 

Halleluyah!

For some reason, the fence did leave. Later sucker no 2!

Eric left Van perplexed behind. 

Wait, my comedic inspiration!

You shitty human come back! 

And so Van followed Eric before the fence was able to shut him in.

-------------

Almost forgot again, but I found this picture and I thought, hmm this looks like Eric. Honestly, I didn't really have an idea about Eric's appearance but when I saw this pic I was like: Yeah, I can imagine Eric looking like this.

Also, sorry to yous imagining him differently- and why is this damn pic so huge