It seems like I'm the one being manipulated and not you!

"Don't listen to these rumours. Just focus on your task. People are jealous because you are the only hero who can unify the world, so they're using these rumours to try to bring you down," Eric sighed how simple-minded yet annoying Fil was.

"Oh! Gotcha! They're amazed by me."

Eric was really wondering if Fil was only playing dumb. If this was indeed an act, this demon deserved all the Oscars up to date and for the future. 

Somehow, Eric even felt that Fil got even stupider since he became the hero. Although the hero was based on Fil, the hero was still its own person. Could it be that just like Timmy was slowly taking over Eric in Lyna's story, the hero was also trying to get his body back?

Wouldn't this explain the 10x dumbness and narcissism Fil had? In the Demon World, Eric still held a few good impressions of Fil but now they were shattered one by one and the bits that were already shattered, were smashed again into tiny bits until only fine dust polluted the air.

Eric pushed Fil off him and sat up on the bed as Fil rolled to the side and stared at the ceiling. Eric straightened his loose robe. If anyone walked in on them, wouldn't even the devil believe the rumours of Eric seducing Fil?

Eric's back faced Fil and he didn't see how Fil's eyes narrowed seeing Eric's bare shoulders before the cloth covered it again.

It was smooth as jade and if Fil touched it with his lips, cotton candy would blossom in his mouth and Fil would instantly devour Eric.

Fil's eyes turned darker as he watched Eric's long hair being tied up. Before he knew it, he grabbed the ends of Eric's hair and let it flow through his fingers. Like silk. Fil brought it to his lips and gave it a light kiss. Then he forced himself out of his desire. Eric was human.

Fil would never do it with a human again. As fragile and delicate they looked, as fragile and delicate they were. Fil sighed. 

Eric, who was thinking about the next steps to take, didn't notice any of the turmoil that grew in Fil. Instead, he turned around, his hand touching the red silk blanket and said seriously, "Fil, call in both of the kings."

Eric has thought for a long while before coming to a decision: in order to unify the world, they needed the king of the cultivators and the king of the superheroes.

No matter how Eric thought about it, the term 'king' fit neither the cultivation nor the superhero side! Fil was just simply obsessed with that word and the connotation it held.

A headache was coming. Either way, it was necessary for Eric to see those two. Since Fil didn't have plans to visit either of the sides or leave this damn mountain, Eric could only count on having the two kings come. This was also to see if the relationship between the kings was as bad as the feud between the two sides. If it was, it was important to deal with them first.

"Why?" Fil's surprisingly quiet and serious voice threw Eric off. So, he could also talk like this huh?

"Am I not enough?"

Eric scowled. What the fuck was he saying? Eric had to stroke that flaunting peacock's ego.

"You're the strongest, however, we need to meet the kings. Fil, you're to say the ruler, obviously you have to control them right? We need to make sure they are not adding to the feud, if they are you have to put them in their place. After all," Eric smiled sweetly and patted Fil's shoulder, "You are the real ruler of this world. Don't forget you are the creator."

Fuck, Eric could really see it! Him being a manipulative snake! Weren't his words pleasing to Fil and convincing him to do what Eric wanted?

Eric felt like he needed to re-evaluate himself.

"Makes sense," Fil nodded and roared with laughter, "The creator sounds good."

Wow, this simpleton was really easy to manipulate. This was the power Eric held. It was a great power and with great power comes great-

Fuck, Eric really needed to re-evaluate himself. Maybe the character he possessed was also trying to take over?

***

Two days later, Fil sat on his throne in the golden and majestic and way too bling bling throne room while Eric stood next to Fil, his lips constantly glued to Fil's ears like the true snake adviser he was.

The two kings who knelt in front of Fil exchanged glances. The servant and attendants present all felt it again.

Eric, this damn bastard, was now openly manipulating their hero! Look at him whispering words to Fil and have Fil dance like a puppet in his hands. Everyone wondered if everything right now was all of Eric's plans?

This evil mastermind was dangerous! But their hero wouldn't listen to their warnings. Everyone suppressed their hatred for Eric and the pity for their hero.

"Don't forget our purpose," Eric whispered to Fil, ignoring the obvious stares. It was important to keep Fil in check and not have him run rampage on his drunken love for wanton power.

"Greet me, kings," Fil roared and Eric wanted to bash Fil's head on the ground.

Did you not fucking hear what I've said at all? Tone down on your fucking arrogance and overbearingness! And you all stop looking at me as if I made your hero to be such a narcissistic scumbag! He was so from the beginning, for fuck's sake weren't you born with eyes?

"It's an honour to be called by you, great hero," the king of the cultivator was the epitome of a scholar. A 1000-year-old elegance embedded in his youthful face. One could only say he was like a deity, ascended on earth.

"Always at your service, great hero", the king of the superheroes was different. While the king of the cultivators could be described as a holy flower, the superhero king was the personification of worldly pleasures. He was muscular, brusque but had a warm fase. Two contrasts clashed with each other vibrantly.

One depicted heavens and the other earth. And the hero, Fil was like the fire keeping both sides burning yet away from each other.

Eric couldn't help but feel mesmerised by the king of cultivation and feel awe for the king of superheroes.

However, this only lasted for a tiny bit before these two oh-so-revered ones started to fight like little children having their toys taken away from each other.

"I beg your forgiveness but I will not cooperate with a brute."

"You flashy third-rated weapon wielder are just a copy of us, just without our superpowers!"

Both kings went at it while Eric whispered something to Fil.

In the eyes of the others, this seemed like Eric had instigated everything. They swore they could even see Eric's smirk!

This evil mastermind was enjoying this. Oh, great hero, we pray for you to be saved from the fangs of evil!

"Hurry and mend them!" Eric was getting anxious. By the looks of it, it seemed like both kings would start to fight each other any second.

If they did, this place will be blown away.

"I guess it was too much to ask of you, only one is right," Fil imposingly said. On cue, both kings got Fil's intention.

Only one of the kings could survive today.

FUCK.

Eric wanted to spit blood!

Stop twisting my words and fuck everything up!

Did I tell you to rile them up? Did I tell you to say bullshit like this?

No! But everyone else believes it's my fault! Stop looking at me!

Eric was so angry he wished he could delete Fil but Eric remained calm and said, "Hero, hurry and stop them!"