I'm just bsing my way through

Ok, this wasn't what Eric really wrote. He wanted to do it but refrained from it at the last second. This was a proper and serious horror novel and Eric was the best editor. How could Eric be reduced to this? Well, he was in the Demon World for too long.

Eric has been tainted. After this, Eric would really quit being an editor. Fuck authors and fiction. Eric never wanted to have anything to do with it. Idling his time away on earth after getting rid of his curse was the course. Yes, Eric would enjoy a lavish and relaxed life.

"Timmy?" Tom saw that Eric froze and was confused.

"Ah, I was just thinking about how to write it," Eric picked up the pen he dropped accidentally and wrote, "Resident no 3 is trying to steal all of our food! We need to rally together!"

Very simple but very effective. So, Eric hoped. He took another glance before deeming it ok.

As an editor, Eric hated half-assing protagonists the most, but as a protagonist now, Eric could finally understand them. If you have no other choice, even half -baked shit could be useful. In the first place, it was all the damn author's fault for creating impossible scenarios that obviously only plot armour could solve.

"Wait, here, I'll slip it through," Eric went out. The dark hallway was the same as always. No noise came from the other rooms and there was no light.

Nevertheless, Eric acted fast. Once he slipped through the note, he had to run back to not get caught. Tip-toeing Eric stood at the door next to them and pushed the note under the door. Then not even wasting a millisecond, Eric ran back to Tom's apartment.

"Quick, barricade the door."

It was soon when the young murderer would do his daily 'hallway walk'. There was no way the other two murderers didn't know about it but Eric was convinced he could keep him glued in front of the apartment. A few minutes passed before –Knock Knock.

Eric's heart stood still in his throat and felt dry. He stood in front of the door and spoke in a quiet and frightened voice, "W-Who's there?"

"I've received your note," a friendly male's voice appeared. Did all murderers pretend to be normal and kind? Eric swore that after this, he never ever wanted to have anything to do with murderers. Well, lusting demons weren't any better. Wait, they were.

Cough, Eric felt like his priorities weren't set straight. But being destroyed in bed... was still better than brutally murdered, right?

Eric subconsciously held his ass cheeks.

"Timmy?" Tom once again saw how Eric froze and seemed lost in thoughts.

"D-Did you really?" Eric quickly snapped out of his fantasies.

"Yes, of course-"

"T-Then please tell me what it says?"

It should be at this time.

The murderer successfully recited the message only to abruptly stop.

"Hello?" hearing that he didn't talk anymore Eric's voice got gradually scared but instead Eric's lips curled up. The young murderer must've stepped out and heard what the other murderer said. Bingo. Fallen in this half-baked trap.

Eric heard the footsteps outside the door moving slightly before a slight BANG

Sounds crashed.

"Tom quick!" Eric waved Tom to him to steady the barricade. When one of them died, the other would try to get in here. The female would definitely not go out and engage with them. Although they were trying to kill each other, they were still cautious to not make too many noises.

Eric knew it was because they didn't want to attract the Slasherman's attention. Everyone was most afraid of Slasherman and his weapon. Letting the murderers kill each other wasn't a strategy that worked every time. Eric had to become active as well. Nothing was more boring and infuriating than a passive protagonist. Although Eric was actively scheming, it couldn't protect his life forever.

Thus Eric knew he had to get Slasherman's weapon. That meat tearing apart nightmare. Eric glanced at Tom and another plan formed in his mind.

He had to try it, there was no other way around.

"Timmy!" Tom walked to Eric's side and gripped his clothes nervously. There was banging on the door. And even though the table and chairs barricaded the entrance, through the gap of the door, a red sea seeped in slowly. One of them died. 

Eric took a deep breath. The best choice was to have the female murderer and the survivor kill each other but this was impossible. The female most definitely refused to come out.

The knocking increased but then suddenly- KUAGH

"You... son of... a bi- didn't die yet?" 

Oh how wonderful. Eric found a new appreciation for plot armour. He really did. Why did he hate it so much back in the past?

Plot armour was the jam. 

After a while, it turned quiet. Eric was sure they had both killed each other now.

Eric nodded to Tom and together they slowly removed the barricade. Opening the door a bit, Eric peeked out.

As expected, two dead murderers served in front of Eric. The major star player in this? Eric and his brilliant brain and the second MVP- Plot armour.

Truly beautiful. Eric didn't want the corpses to rot in front of the door and catch attention.

"Help me put them in one room and take anything valuable."

They had to act quickly. It was possible for the female to come out any second to check out the situation.

Luckily, everything went smoothly and fast. 10 minutes later, they went back to Tom's room. Not even waiting, Eric said, "Ok, now we take care of the last murderer."

"H-How?" Tom was amazed by Eric's plan and brilliance but this time, Eri couldn't use the last method, right?

"Don't worry, I've got a plan," Eric said it so confidently that Tom instantly believed it. Tom was fairly simple at this point. His brain told him: Timmy's good. Timmy's my friend. I like Timmy.

If Eric read Tom's thought, he would tear up seeing how pure Tom actually was and wouldn't come up with this second plan and motive behind it, but Eric couldn't, so their fates were sealed-

Eric and Tom walked to the door of the female and knocked-

Because the truth was, Eric had no plan at all.