The biggest yet sweetest misunderstanding

With nothing to fear, Eric brilliantly put all of his emotions into his act, pretending he didn't know this was all set up by Nol and seeming as if he was truly worried for Nol and truly cared for him.

Eric quickly made his way to the mob and then with extreme worry and fear shouted, like any good teacher who valued his student would, "My dear student!" 

Yep, not even the name was used.

But this was enough to have everyone's attention shift to Eric. Well, which wasn't a good thing because-

"The fuck is this dude?" 

"What? A servant of the prince?"

Eric's eyes twitched. Erm hello? He just called Nol his student, how the fuck was he his servant? Well, they probably thought anyone who helped the prince was a servant, serving the prince huh?

"Don't let him through!"

Protests started to form as Eric painfully made his way through the crowd but the demons had all sorts of opinions, "Just let him to his baby prince, what can he do? Ha I know, take the baby prince away and stop pestering us!"

"Yes! Yes!" uniform shouts appeared and voila, magically Eric split the sea of mobs just with his presence. This felt similar when he was on earth and people showed him respect left and right, but now he was just a pitiful human caught in a net full of killer demons. It was a good and surprising thing that the demons haven't discovered Eric was human.

They were too riled up cursing the existence of Nol. If Eric was honest, he wanted to join and curse Nol but Eric was a good person saving his precious pupil he oh-so-much wanted to strangled in reality. So, as Eric 'fought' his way through the mob, his eyes met Nol's and Eric was stunned to see the annoyance on Nol's face.

You fucking brat dare to disrespect me? Me? Who tries to help you? But Nol's attitude, who now just leaned against a wall and casually watched the theatre, even gave Eric a mocking smile as he saw Eric stunned frozen on the spot, Eric decided to fuck his act and pretence of a good teacher out of the bed and join the crowd.

But on Eric's face was only a sweet and caring smile as Eric took a step back and opened his mouth, "You-"

Fucking dipshit come and let me watch how I wash your ears clean! But of course, things would never go the way Eric wanted in the Demon World. Just as Eric took a step back, he accidentally stepped on the foot of a demon behind him.

Said demon shouted in anger and pushed Eric forward but to balance himself Eric danced with his arms in the air while he accidentally hit the demon in his face with his elbow. The demon dramatically stumbled back and WOOSH fell down and –

TADA- 

A knife fell out of his pocket.

"He actually wanted to harm the prince!" suddenly a random demon shouted and a mass panic was triggered.

"H-Harm the prince? Is he insane?? He could get beheaded! We just wanted to scare and curse the prince away from here and not acc-"

"The teacher is OP!" where the fuck did demons learn this word from?

Eric's face blanked as he, all of a sudden, was celebrated like a hero and saviour who uncovered, no, no, no, who knew already of the vile deeds of the demon and on purpose made it look like he stumbled into the demon to catch him off-guard. Talk about a mfucking misunderstanding!

Eric couldn't believe the talks that were spinning around him and looked at Nol. Kuagh. Eric coughed blood. D-Don't look at me with such touched and disbelieving eyes! Fuck, I wasn't trying to save you! I actually wanted to join them and have you trampled on!

Eric quickly put on a gentle smile and nodded as if he truly was omniscient and said, "Nol."

"Teacher!" in return Nol was so touched, he fell to his knees and clenched his clothes, "This student was disrespecting teacher. Please forgive this student. This lowly student didn't know teacher actually meant the promise but now I've been enlightened! I was wrong! I will follow teacher loyally everywhere!"

Eric's smile froze as Nol kowtowed on the ground. Erm... Eric needed a few seconds to process just what the actual fuck happened. You stupid idiot truly believed this accident as me trying to save you? The fuck? Knives won't be able not harm you anyways!

Now what? Now have I got you on my side or what? Your grudge and hatred towards me- bada bing bada dum- poof disappeared? Hey, hey was that so easy? Wasn't that your character setting? You going to abandon it or what?

Is this all it took to win you over? Then tell me! Oh, fucked up demon prince tell me! Is that what your curse is for? Huh? Is your belief ad hatred so feeble? Fuck, if it was this easy to make you obedient and acknowledge me then don't come and curse me in the first place, you good-for-nothing!

What happened just now actually played a little bit different in Nol's eyes, because Nol could see Eric only from the front angle and then because of the demon's words that influenced Nol's view, Nol truly thought Eric was sacrificing himself to save Nol.

When Nol saw that Eric came to 'save' him with his goodie-shoe teacher act, Nol only scoffed and mocked Eric for this futile attempt, but then Nol was proven wrong. Nol saw Eric's sweet smile but this sweet, actual fake smile looked a bit sad and melancholic in Nol's eyes. Surprised Nol pushed himself off the wall to see what Eric was going to do, then everything happened so fast.

The next thing Nol saw was Eric taking a step back to push himself into the demon behind him and smoothly falling forward to avoid the demon's vicious strike before Eric elbowed the demon in the face, managing to throw him off guard. Then the knife appeared and it clicked in Nol's head.

Eric knew that the demon behind him wanted to catch Nol off guard and charge at him with a knife! When Eric realised that, Eric immediately made up his mind to save Nol and sacrifice himself because he was just a human and the odds against a demon were low to zero.

So, Eric gave Nol a last smile and wanted to say his parting words starting with 'you-' when Eric had to abruptly stop because he sensed the demon wanted to charge at Nol at that moment.

Then the rest followed. Seeing that Eric, towards Nol this unfilial student who even hated Eric, bravely sacrificed himself to save Nol, how could Nol not feel touched and immediately bow to serve and become loyal to Eric as his student and accept Eric as his rightful teacher? How could anyone at this display of utter benevolence not shiver and instantly fall to their knees and pray to that angelic saviour?